Awkward Weddings

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ghostonvacation, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Next week my step brother is getting married to his fiance, they get along great and seem to be extremely happy together. With that being said, this wedding is going to be completely fucked :laughing: His fiance's parents are going through a not so mutual divorce, and still living together. My mother and stepfather have been married for ten years and my mom has yet to meet her husbands ex..but they will at this gathering hahah. Rumor has it that my stepdad's ex-wife is a little loony and not keen on the idea of being in the same room as my mother. Additionally, my other stepbrother will be in attendance, and he has not contacted anyone in my family for the past 4 years...been off doing his own thing.

Going to be an interesting ceremony man, just glad there is an open bar and I have bud to bring :D

Anyone have experience with this...this will only be my second wedding lol

2. Dude your family sounds fucked up.

We'd probably get along great

3. I've had a similar experience. My cousin got married a few years ago and about 3 months before the wedding my aunt and uncle (his parents) got divorced. At the wedding my uncle brought his new girlfriend and my aunt didn't take too kindly to that. It was hella awkward, everyone could feel the tension. My aunt stared daggers at my uncles new girlfriend but thankfully had enough self control not to kill her.

As long as your family is civil there should be no problem. But you'll most likely be able to feel the awkwardness looming through the air. There's no escaping it. Congrats to your brother, and hope that everything goes well.

4. Hahahh yeah, my family is a little wacked...I am not living at home so I don't now how they are dealing with it but I can imagine they are sort of geeking out about it...and I can only assume you and I have some things in common lol

5. Thanks for the well wishes blade, I anticipate being able to feel the weight of these situations no doubt

6. #6 Padovan, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016

7. Sounds like one hell of a day to me.

8. Knowing my family, people are going to be inebriated

Yeah man, weddings are stressful as it is (at least I've been told)...I cant imagine all these bullshit side plots are going to help lol

9. I could see this being a tyler perry movie

10. Hahahh that dude pretty whack but I wold let him film my family wedding for a not so reasonable price if he was game

11. Open bar, ftw.

I tend to not RSVP unless I know there is an open bar. Weddings can be dramatic. :laughing: