Awkward Family Encounters

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Rubble Heap, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sup all, long time lurker, never felt the urge to post until now though.

I'm a college student at home for now on winter break. Avid, everyday smoker at school, but I don't smoke by myself when I'm at home or anything unless I'm staying out with friends.

Last night I came back from hanging with friends (and smoking), and walked up to my room and went to sleep quickly like I always do. My dad then proceeds to walk in my room at talk at me about how he wasn't born yesterday and he can smell pot on me. He didn't make any threats, and I just refused it over and over again and insisted he's crazy, but this is all kind of surreal now because I was high and all.

I've never had any encounters with my parents about weed, my mom is one of the DARE-influenced moms who thinks she knows it all and that marijuana is extremely harmful blah blah blah. My dad on the other hand likes the dead and tons of other old stoner-type bands, so I think he probably used to smoke back in college or something. I don't think he's going to end up telling my mom, but just in case I sent him an email saying I'm completely done with experimenting with weed and it was just a phase :bolt:

Anyway, I'm definitely going to be a lot more careful now and probably avoid smoking when I have to be at home soon altogether.

This was definitely the most awkward (only) weed-related family encounter. What weird situations have you other guys had to handle?

2. [​IMG]

So you told him you didn't smoke, and then you said "I did but I stopped now, honest!". You should stick to your story, that doesn't work. He's probably fine with it, all he said is he could smell it on you, he didn't have a go at you or anything, so you should have either stuck to your story or told him straight you smoke and ask if he can keep it from your mum.

My dad knows I smoke and he even rolled some of my first few joints for me. My mum on the other hand thinks weed and heroin are pretty much the same thing, and so I have to lie to her and tell her that I don't smoke any more. She smells it on me every time I come in but I just flat out deny it. I will be very glad when I get a job and can move out though. Most likely I'll be forced to in 2-3 weeks either way as my parents are moving abroad and I don't plan on going with them as I think I've stayed with them more than long enough already.

3. Yeah yeah, I know it seemed like a dumb thing to do, but I know my dad better than you do. This was the right thing to do considering there won't be any trace of cannabis smell or even possession in my family's house ever again.

I'm not very close with my parents anyway, and even if they both secretly smoked tons of herb I wouldn't want to have a big open-heart discussion with them about something they've treated as taboo all my life. I'd rather just brush this under the rug and have it never come up again.

Do you have any job prospects right now? You should probably get looking and do research on apartments if you want to move out soon, it's a big step and all.

And enough reaction to my weird sob-story, I want to laugh at the dumb situations other people have gotten themselves into! :p

4. Ah fair enough. I've been applying for jobs since July without any luck, it's pretty grim over here in the UK if you're looking for a job at the moment. Another apprenticeship just came up though so I'm going to apply for that and hope it works out.

In terms of a place, there are plenty of relatively cheap places for rent, but it's the job that's the issue.

I think the worst situation for me personally was when I did ketamine at home for the first time. Seriously, even if you've done ketamine 102130219 times it's hard to hide that you're on it, but when it's your 3rd time it's even harder. If you've ever seen Fear and Loathing, I looked a lot like Duke. I spoke really slowly, I was really paranoid, I walked like if time and space was warping around me, and I kept shouting instead of talking. Somehow neither of my parents clocked on.

5. my parents gladly let me smoke weed. good kids get good privlages :D

6. My uncle who smokes weed was at my house. I thought I was so slick goint to walk the dog like every hour. While also smoking a bowl. Well I was sitting in the living room high off my ass. And I do dumbshit when I'm high like open my jaw really wide to laugh sarcastically. And I forgot he was there. And he says "I'm on to you" . I didn't know if he knew or what he was talking about so I laughed it off.

My mom is always asking if I am high. I always say no.

7. Dude the last couple of months of 09' were full of awkward of moments w/ family, me, and bud.
    - On my cousins B-day, he thought it would be a good Idea to smoke in his gradmas living room while she was gone in mexico, and his Dad was suposeably at the club, were in the middle of a stress blunt when the front door is unlocked and swung open by my uncle (who always reminded me of a rocky balboa looking guy, he's big) I thought he was gonna trip, but he ended up just shaking his finger. I have a feeling he's concealing some anger though that will be let out one day, we smoked in his MOMS LIVING ROOM

-then I got my other cousin leaving a half O in my room while he spent the night and left the house in the morning; I was gone at school, and when my mom goes in to be nosey, she finds it in his backpack (which was under his clothes). SO she had to go looking for it, she tried to say she thought it was my little brothers and that why she searched it (and the backpack has fucking tagging all over it, my little brother has never tagged).
    ever since she found out she told my dad who doesnt live with me but still tripped from afar. they both wanted to get me to admit that I will quit and this is how it went down.

Mom: I want you to stop, you need to tell me that your going to stop.
    Me: Do you want me to lie to you?
    Mom: No, the day you start lieing to me will break my heart
    Me: Then I cant tell you what you want to hear. Im not going to stop but I'll stop bringing it around here.

so yeah man it happens you just have to stand your ground.

8. read my sig. thats my advice to you.

9. I remember the first time my dad confronted me about smoking. ^^ I had no idea he was home from work, and my boyfriend and I were lighting up on the back porch enjoying the last bit of warm weather of the year. Then dad opens the door to the porch. We were on our 7th or 8th bowl in the past 2hours or so and I had the pipe in my hand when he saw me, so I knew that I couldn't lie about shit. With my dad being an ex-marine my bf was freaking out and I just sat there with my eyes fixed on my dad.

lol there was an akward silence for about 2min. then my dad asked me if we were smoking MJ, I said yes since I knew my eyes were as red crap. He stared at me in silence again looking really pissed. (At this point I was starting to freak out) Dad sat in the chair next to me at the table, then asked if he could join us. :eek:

I have never been so happy to have another person join us in my life lol.

10. QFT

I've always told my rents that I love pot and Im not gonna stop
    I mean they hate it but what are they gonna do?

11. I only read op.

however, I don't understand why you can't just level with your parents. they did raise you, and let you stay there, and feed you, etc... if they don't want you to smoke while under their roof, don't do it or go get a roof.

you can't get respect if you don't give it.

12. I have a couple awkward family encounters..

First one was back in High School, in college now but I smoked all through HS and still made my grades, I was blazing a couple blunts with my buddy and we had just finished smoking and cranked some music to cruise around for awhile high when my mom calls and asks where I am. I told her I was at a friends and she told me I needed to come home now. SHiiit, Im super stoned and reak and have to go home because they probably want to talk about something. So I go home and run up to my room and bathroom and clean up and go back downstairs and my whole family is there decorating my christmas tree...
    So I helped them decorate the whole christmas tree stoned off my ass

The second one was also in highschool, my parents and little sister left to go to a doctors appointment across town so I figured I had a few hours to blaze in my backyard and chill till they got home. I just get done ripping a few bowls out of my minibong that I kept at my house (little plastic tube first bong, dont worry Ive upgraded since then:D) Im really blazed and just as Im putting all my shit back in its hiding spots, my dad calls and says that theyre car battery is dead in the parking lot of the doctors office and I need to come give them a jump. SHiiiit so i clean up real quick and try to get unsuperstoned but ofcourse that doesnt work. So i drive across town and get to the parking lot where theyre at and jump them which wasnt too bad bc they were all pissed and didnt want to talk. So then i tell them im going back to the house, but my mom decides to ride with me to talk...
    I think shiit they know im stoned (normal stoner paranoia) and she gets in and during the 20-30min drive back across town, she tries to have a deep conversation about what I want to do with my life which didnt turn out too well bc i was so stoned

13. when i was younger i got a call from my dad saying to meet him and my mum for dinner. i was with friends blazing so when were done i go to meet them. i was so blazed my eyes and speech were fucked. :)D:p)

dad: you're high aren't you?
    me: no im not honestly!
    dad: just eat your dinner

and for the rest of the hour in that restaurant, we sat in silence eating our food looking around awkwardly.