Awful anti-weed commercial

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by dirtybongwaterr, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Have any of you seen this awful Above the Influence commercial?

The Ads | AboveTheInfluence.com "Achievements"
    Achievement Ad Transcript | AboveTheInfluence.com

I mean, really now, people don't call someone obsessively 27 times just because they smoked weed.... that sounds more like a stalker issue.
    You don't get drawn on unless you've been drinking a crap load, not because of marijuana. And if you ditch your friends and make them find their own way home, you're a crappy friend, and that has nothing to do with marijuana.

Is this the best they can come up with? Geez. They need to get those sticks out of their asses and SMOKE A BOWL!!!!! C'mon now.

2. they could probably hollow the sticks out to make a pipe! OOoooh, wait, that requires creativity... clearly they dont have....

3. lol you made me watch every vid from the frist link.... yea most have somethin about choices that weed has nothing to do with my fav one are the cartoon with the dude on pillow smoking some herb next to a wwed plant in his room. and his dog walks away and puts a dog flag up???? wtf???? a dog flag!..

4. yeah, or how about the one where the girl is like, trippin out and she starts talking to her dog, and he's all disappointed in her for smoking. that sounds more like she's on acid or something to meee... but heck, what's wrong with talking to your pets anyway...*shrugs*

5. My friends and I were planning on doing a counter-commercial for the "Achievements" one because we are all the exact opposite of that. We get good grades, got good SAT scores, never abandon our friends, love our parents, etc. Fuck above the infulence, facts>propaganda and sooner or later people will know the TRUTH about weed.

6. i actually like the anti-weed commercials. I do not like the message behind it, but i find them creative. Whenever i am high and those commercials come on, i laugh and show lots of interest in them.:p

7. ^^^^^^
    me too, i always like to watch them and point out all the lies

8. seriously. so many lies! i usually just take a bong rip when they come on.

9. That shit pisses me off.

10. #10 kagaos, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2009
    The problem with these ads is that...THEY WORK! Believe it or not, they actually convince people that weed is a terrible drug. They design the ads to fuel the pot stereotypes and all the misinformation that has been taught to every person (ie. DARE, etc..). Now, those who are already anti-pot will wholly support the view of the ads, those who are (were) indifferent on the issue will more than likely see these commercials and fall to the side of anti-pot.
    It pisses me off....screw propoganda, and misinformation.
    Fuc**** ...they're all fuc****...the only people who are benefiting from those Ads are those employed by anti-marijuana foundations. And what are they recieving as a benefit? Money, and more sheep to lead.
    Sorry, I'm high :smoke:

11. Those commercials are funny, I remember somebody on GC once said seeing that guy melt into the couch just makes you want some of that weed. Now everytime i see that add that's all I can think about.

12. hehehe someone should just throw a big lit weedball into the places that produce this shit because you know what ive seen said over and over? im sure you folks have as well...

"I used to be anti drug until I tried pot after that I didnt understand what all the misconceptions were it doesnt make you violent it doesnt make you want to harm others it will never kill you so the first time I actually did smoke pot I was so afraid because of all the lies id been told that I had a bad time after that it was all smooth sailing"

I suppose when you have nothing going in your life all you want to do is make life just as boring for everyone else huh?:p

13. I love the ones where its the dog with the crappy animation. The dog always says "you disappoint me". The guy should be like, " well fuck you, you piss on the rug and lick your sack and your pissed at me for smoking weed?