Awesome lesser-known movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Lord Quas, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Brazil, Equilibrium, and Battle Royale are all awesome movies that you all should see.

What are some other movies that aren't very popular but are must-watches? I need some for my Christmas break list.

2. The Hammer with Adam Corolla.

3. Magic Bullet infomercial. its awesome.

4. I was actually surprised by Alpha Dog. I enjoyed it, especially the ending. Super intense.

5. I guarantee anyone that watches it will like Smiley Face with Anna Faris. It is hilarious and she does a great stoner character.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97N9xh8OJMs"]YouTube - 'Smiley Face' Trailer[/ame]

6. City of god. I suppose this is lesser known. It was pretty good. I guess you could call it a "brazilian gangster movie" or something. It's a pretty good movie if you don't mind subtitles.

the edukators. I think i spelled it right. a german film.

five easy pieces-1970 jack nicholson. not sure if it's lesser known. I guess it is if you're under 30 it is. I can definitely relate to jack's character. I liked it.

head on-german. drugs and fucked up shit. This turkish chick marries this fucked up guy that's also turkish to please parents, and then they have an agreement that she can screw around and it's just a financial deal or something. he ends up getting feelings for her...and so on.

don't know if they'll have all these at blockbuster. netflix would be helpful

I should be remembering a few more. there's another good one about life in east germany in the 80s that I can't remember

7. Slither - great dark comedy/ horror comedy.

Session 9 - Independent psychological thriller.

8. battle royale was an awesome movie. the second one kinda sucked though

and im not sure if it would be considered a lesser known movie but Blue Velvet was awesome.

9. Blood In, Blood Out
    American Me

Both movies are about the Mexican Mafia (prison gang). Get high and watch these! Especially Blood In, Blood Out.

10. Seconded, slither rocks.
    Irreversible was great, and Oldboy is kind of "unknown"ish, same with Ichi The Killer. 3 Extremes was a good film, and so was Cannibal Hollocaust. Thats all I can think of right now though.

11. Cannibal Holocaust is a crazy movie. I'm pretty sure it's banned in several countries.

12. What's it about and why is it banned?

13. Basically, the film is about a group of documentarians who go into the Amazon Rainforest to film indigenous cannibal tribes. When they don't return, this guy goes looking for them and recovers their footage. It's a pretty gruesome movie. The director went to court when the movie was first released in Italy because it was thought that the actors were acutally killed for the movie. He was acquitted, but it's still beleived that some of the animal deaths in the movie were real.

14. Oh how about Legionaire, thats a pretty good unknown. Or Rocketman, that movie is sick.

15. Meet the Feebles
    Director: Peter Jackson (yes, that peter jackson, lord of the rings....)
    IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097858/

Youtube vid:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCcaMIcwz30"]YouTube - Meet the Feebles - The Sodomy Song[/ame]

Get really, really high and I guarantee you that you will NEVER EVER, look at "The Muppets" the same way again!

V.

16. The original Michael Haneke, Funny Games.

For some reason, even though the new one was pretty much a shot for shot remake, the old one just had a more revolting feel to it.

Watch it.

17. City of god is amazing! Good pic!

18. Yo Funny Games is a crazy movie, I forgot about that. That movie is one of those movies you love but forget to mention iwhen people ask you what you're favorite movies are.

19. Paradise Now