Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

awd blade-600 scale

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by allend10289, Apr 11, 2009.

1. i was wondering if it was accurate. i ordered one but when it came in i tested it by putting a nickle which is supposed to weight 5 grams. i put it on my scale and it gave me like 4.0 or 3.9 is that normal?

2. recalibrate your scale, should say how to in the instruction manual

3. i did, but since it didnt come with recalibrating weights i used canned food or household products and added them together to get the the recalibrating weight number which was 500.0 grams.

4. from working in a grocery store for years I'll be the first to tell you that the marked weight on any food product is inaccurate. We used to use bags of sugar to check our scales but that was more of a measurement of when one scale was completely in disagreement with all the other scales. The markings on food are a minimum weight that is in the product not including the packaging so most likely if you calibrated using 500g as marked on food packages you will have calibrated to at least 20g of extra weight

5. what do you think i should use to calibrate 500 grams?

6. Get a 100g calibration weight off eBay.

7. You can use anything that you know the definite weight for.

Nickle is like 4.8-5.0 grams

8. #8 TorchedX, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    stop being a cheap ass and pay the few bucks for a 500g calibration weight.. and what you doin with a scale that goes to 500 or beyond without a calibration..

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gram-Chrome-Calibration-Weight-Masses/dp/B0010TGEQE/ref=pd_sim_dbs_op_10"]Amazon.com: 500 Gram Chrome Calibration Weight and Masses: Office Products[/ame]

9. I'm pretty sure I have that scale, and when I read the instructions it said to calibrate it to 500 grams so I just grabbed a bunch of shit from in my room and stacked it on top of each other. Just random stuff like coins, jars, things like that. Now my scale works fine and it's great it fits in your pocket.

10. a nickle = 5 grams

100 nickles X 5 grams = 500 grams

go to the bank with a 5 dollar bill and ask for nickles.

11. uh wrong.. nickles are 4.8-5.0

12. Weigh something out on a scale thats already calibrated, if you can. Then go from there.