Awareness, Pure Consciousness, Higher Self, Techniques...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by svedka, Jun 23, 2014.

1. It's funny to look back at where i was and who i was listening to over the past few years... This guy i had heard of in 2017 from a BATGAP youtube interview and apparently wasn't impressed by at the time.. Had forgotten about him then a couple of days ago Youtube suggested i might like his video eulogy of Ram Dass... I hadn't even heard that Ram had dropped the body so i watched it and found it informative and fair... So decided to bump this topic and post... If you didn't know Ram or thought you did you may learn something from the perspective this guy has... He has a place in Costa Rica and offers retreats... Calls it Sat Yoga... video was from November 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. This one will expand your consciousness if your ready for it imo... He talks very slow so the ego may want to crank speed up a notch to 1.25

3. #43 svedka, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    Edit: Decided i had posted enough of this guy and his retreat... Can't relate to it myself... another doomsday prepper group although they may be right, it's not my thing...

4. #44 svedka, Jan 9, 2020
    Edit: Deleted due to same reason mentioned in previous post.

5. Not sure if i've posted any of the teachings of Nisargadatta Maharaj but this video is the 1st in a series from the same youtube channel that i enjoy... If only he had left out the background sounds it would have been perfect but they always try to "enhance" Truth with technological "tweaks"... rarely ever works, no i say it NEVER works... but... "who am i?" :confused_2: This will be over your head if you are not ready for it and if you don't find it interesting they you are not ready as well... Few yrs ago i found it and enjoyed it, ran with it awhile but chickened out on where it was taking "me" so found other things, "safer" paths that really rarely work...You can find free pdf downloads on the net with a google search for I AM THAT followed by his name and PDF... if reading is preferable to listening...

6. Yeah i started on the path path of enlightenment about 8 years ago.
    Had a chance encounter with a reiki practicioner and realised thats what id been doing to myself for half my life already, usually to help back pain.
    Once i realised what the energies were though lots of things clicked into place. Few years down the line i started looking into projection methods.
    Well, it never took me long to start getting the hang of that anyway.
    After a few months of adjusting my meditation to suit i was helping someone move house and decided to try and blow his mind.
    Had a room full of bin liners and i pulled out 4 items of clothing with only a description of what they look like. I never helped him pack.
    That was the first time i knew it it officially worked. Got more chance of winning the lottery twice than managing that 4 times.
    That was the start of the decent though. Ended up way too far down the rabbit hole and came to the conclusion that my mind isnt ready for it.
    I still practice reiki on myself but i dont go, or look any further than that these days.
    Im happy enough in the knowledge that the energies are real. I dont need or particularly want to know any more than that anymore.

Ive also come to theorise that this energy is what people call god.
    The energy and llife force that connects us all. We are one. We are everything. We are the plants, the earth, the wind and rain. We are the sun, the sea and the stars.
    Its not god that connects and creates us though. Just a naturally energy that once understood can be harnessed and used for various purposes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is another series from the same Y.T. channel as the one in #45 above. It includes the text, CC and voice narrative. some may find it easier to follow and grasp due to less distracting background sounds... i must say it is easier to understand and experience than simply reading the text for some reason and so simple it can be done anyplace any time doing any activity but formal sittings of course are important... For serious world weary seekers, very refreshing i would think... Those still chasing pleasure, pain, trophies and titles will likely nod off in short order... :coffee::confused_2::bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  8. #48 svedka, Feb 11, 2020
    EDIT: Appears the site has been removed, i think Phil, the guy who does the reading may have complained due to copyright infringement, or there were so few clicks the site owner just deleted it... Will post below a current Youtube channel that is basically the same thing.

9. Check out Walter Russell, he unlocked the knowledge of the universe and proves God's existence thru science. He's written life changing books that should be taught in every school that would flip science upside down and give credit to the creator of this infinite illusion of life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Refer to post #48 above. Posting this one that is excellent quality and with the right frame of mind, or no mind it is very centering... Deep but simple deep... The mind can't understand it yet the "I AM THAT" 1st awareness of Being-ness prior to the "knowing-ness" of the mind and appearance of duality may be "charmed" by it after becoming world / drama weary... Once you are in the late 60's or 70's it's much easier to see the value in simply "Being" then going beyond that to the Absolute "neti neti" state of Para-Brahman... over 2 hours worth, best take in small doses or you could OD... :sneaky:

11. Have been listening to his chants past couple of weeks...He has been doing a live satsang on Youtube since March every Thursday evening.
    A Jew chanting hindu prayers in a Christian Church. What more do you want? COEXIST
    This was shot in New York City at the Church Of St. Paul & St. Andrew in October 2013 and is part of a full-length kirtan recorded that evening.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Something to chill to during the pandemic... i like it so much have put it on loop for an hour or more.. at 8 min. in, a lady joins and they do what i suppose is couples yoga advanced... old video but the sound quality is great, picture is a bit fuzzy due to age.This was on Maui, birds joining in the scene, ocean background of course...

13. I like his work alright.

14. hahahahahha...

15. I employ the "Mindfulness" meditation technique.

16. I try to be Mindful every waking moment but I don't meditate formally.

17. i had heard about this documentary but hadn't taken time to watch it until tonight. Enjoyed it as i'm a fan of KD. Not for everyone however.

Musician Jeffrey Kagel seeks enlightenment in India and emerges as a spiritual leader and chant master called Krishna Das.

18. Idolatry. Ego and self.

19. I'm not a big fan of the strict "non-duality" practices as i find them lost in "thinking" to remind themselves of what we Are vs the conceptual body/mind/story of me. Also they discount reincarnation, which explains karma and why some are born with no arms, legs, blind, deaf, twins joined at the head or hip, etc... If we came into the world with a "clean slate" how does anything other than past karma explain these instances as well as being brought into the world by dysfunctional parents or extreme poverty? Having said that, this guy does a good job of explaining some of the non-duality philosophy which i can accept. Not a dynamic speaker but the goal is to "let go the ego", not to spin some bible story to rake in money as the plate passes or from credit cards if they are TV preachers... He isn't selling anything but knowledge and not even promising to save souls. lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. #60 svedka, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Found some more short talk by this swami who resides in a small ashram in Rishikesh India. He is from Belgium and French is his 1st language. If the accent bothers you CC works fine. 99.9999% of westerners are not interested in Vedanta or Advaita the latter being non-Duality. Nor even seeing beyond the body mind false identity, but in case there is one who pops on board and finds this then it may prove interesting. Long story short, there is no "person", never was, never will be... it was all made up due to being lost in form, identity, body, mind and "story of me"... lol So, if you are upset, it's your own damn fault, get over yourself and your story of me and mine... But that's easier said than done due to attachments, addictions, desires, all leading nowhere but another round on the wheel.