average yeild for a pc grow?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by jakegill73, May 17, 2011.

1. gunna start my pc grow soon, just curious as to how much bud ill be getting out of this. ill grow one plant in it. im gunne estimate at around an OZ? i havent a clue haha :D

2. I'd think an ounce at most....if you're PRO...

3. Half ounce. Maybe a little under

4. Trollolololololololol :bongin:

5. i wish 2lbs man.!! :) cause in that case i would have a "server room" in the basement.

6. So would everyone on Grasscity.:)

7. half ounce to two ounces, highest i think i've seen was like 3.8 ounces from one plant, so its really up to you but you'll definitely get more than 1 ounce if you're a "pro" unlike previously stated

8. ok, thank you everyone for the quick replies. depending on how bad it smells i might have 3 pc grow boxes going at a time. my moms a snoop, but shes an idiot when it comes to technology so im all good. haha

9. if you haven't already got some sort of odor protection i recommend ona gel, you should be able control smell in as many cases as you want(i'd get 1 per case) the pro version is recommended because people have said the scented ones can affect the bud smell/taste

10. okay, here's my stupid question for the day:

what does pc mean in pc grow? a cpu computer case?

11. yup, computer case

12. seee almost a server room
    go buy a used mini fridge convert that much larger :d and still stealthy

13. I just completed my 2nd pc grow. My 1st I got .5 oz. My 2nd I got .75 oz.

I only used 78 watts of cfl, but still, heat was a limiting factor. Despite the fact that both grows took place in the late winter/early spring and we keep our house cool (<68F), keeping the temp inside the box <80F is a tricky balancing act.

Admittedly, my box was a do-it-yourself-er, but heat seems to be an issue for the pre-fab models people in here have used too. I realize every problem has a solution, but after you go through it and expend the sweat/$$$ to mitigate, at the end of the day it's a REALLY small space.

Next go-round I think I'm going to use my PC for a mother or two and get a 2x2 tent to flower in.

14. what size pc case did you use? the ones that are 26" are preferred, what fan setup did you have? its relatively easy to keep the temp from going up more than 10 degrees, so if the house was < 68 and you were having heat problems it was your design, did you lst or scrog? soil or hydro? what nutes did you use?

pc grows are a lot about design and growing techniques

15. Admittedly ghetto. All the info you asked is in the journal linked in my sig. line.

16. would have liked to have the info in this thread, so when OP and other people come to this thread the info would be readily available instead of them having to look through even more threads, so i'll grab a small amount of info just so other people wondering about pc grows who look at this thread have as much info as possible

any reason you had no problem posting all the info about your yields but couldn't type out a couple sentences to further explain the setup?

not reading through 8 pages of info so i'll summarize whats on the first page of your journal incase anyone is wondering: cpu/server case with no dimensions listed, emergency blanket for reflective material, ventilation by 4" target desktop fan, 80% coco coir, 15% perlite 5% worm castings, and some lst/pruning but appears lst was started late(and 78 watts of cfls as previously stated)

IMO, if you want to get a good yield from a pc grow you wanna follow some of the basics like atleast 100 watts minimum for your first plant and having proper exhaust fans and intake(either passive or with fans)

having a fan blowing air around inside your box is not an effective way to cool your box, which then leads to heat problems, add heat problems to lower than recommended light and you have a recipe for reduced yields

17. Well, Blayz, the reason I posted yield info is it is the factual answers of my actual experiences directly answering the OP's initial question. It was my personal preference to keep the answer as concise as possible. Everyone else was posting information that appears to be second-hand at best. I choose to avoid redundancy (and hear-say).

I'm sure the OP is much better taking your commentary over mine anyways. Please accept my apologies. Lead on, brother.

18. i think op, and other readers are better hearing first hand experience, but knowing the context of the first hand experience is key, having multiple insights on situations usually tends to give a better picture rather than giving end results without documenting what led up to those results

19. iamblayz can you link me to the PC case you're talking about (the 26" one)?