Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Average daily use

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Radar73, Jan 12, 2021.

1. First post. I think I'm in the correct forum. I'm 66 and retired. A little history of my weed use and a question at the end.

My personal history of smoking weed started in high school when I smoked it one time, choked so bad that I saw stars, and didn't get a buzz. I went into the Army in 1972 not long after I graduated and they sent me to South Korea in January 1973. Pot was plentiful and inexpensive in Korea in the 70's. The first time I got stoned was in Korea. I was stoned alot in Korea. After Korea I only used pot now and then. Between 1984 and 2004 I didn't use it. In 2005 I had a musician friend who got me a little weed now and then for occasional use.

When I retired in 2017 medical marijuana was legal in my state so I got a card and purchased several ounces of high potency MMJ over the period of one year. I never renewed my card because I'd accumulated enough MMJ to last me a long time. I vacuum packed it in small mason jars with Boveda humidity packs and kept it at 50 degrees in a small refrigerator. I am down to my last 10 grams of Cornbread which is approaching 3 years old, but is still fragrant and viable. Recreational marijuana is now legal in my state so when my current stash runs out I can get more. I grind up around 3 grams at a time and store it in a small jar with a Boveda humidity pack. I then pack a small amount in a PAX 2 vaporizer and use that over a period of days, usually in the evening.

My question is, I use about 1.5 grams of pot via vaporizer a month. Where do I fall on the scale of light vs heavy weed consumption?

2. Light user. Some stoners smoke an ounce a day.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ultra Light user.
    1 gram of weed is 150mg
    I use 150mg of edible every day to control pain.
    Edibles you get 5 times the effect as you do from smoked.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hoping that you’re wrong and that this forum attracts heavy users and they are the vocal ones. I’m amazed when I read about the amount that members grow and amount they consume. I like to believe that they are the minority and that people like the OP and I better represent the average cannabis user.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Average cannabis users definitely smoke more then 18gs a year lol

6. On second look, you’re right. Got my numbers mixed up.

If it had been 1.5 gram / week, I would have had a better argument. Would even that be low for the average GC member? Sure. But I don’t think that accounts for the general population that are more likely to be social users.

I was very active on a homebrew forum. I brewed, on average, two ten gallon batches a month. Yet my equipment and practice was “light” when compared to many of the members. For the most part, anyone who visits one of these forums would not be seen as a light user from the outside.

I’m rambling to cover my ass. Sorry!
    :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. from my own observed experience with people that smoke, 1.5g a month is pretty light lol.

Thats about what I use in a day, if I have it. I cycle through various forms of cannabis as not to burn myself out too hard. Solo smoker too I dont have friends anymore. I just need the benefits while I work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. #8 hardrokker, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    The majority of members on this weed board not surprisingly do so regularly, many daily, and fair numbers at all times of the day. Understandable for those with chronic pain issues but there are also those for which their whole life revolves around getting high, day after day, week after week, month after month. At issue is the more one consumes, the more often one consumes, the less CB-1 receptors are available at one's nerve synaptic gaps due to down regulation, that causes tolerance buildup such that it is impossible to get as high as someone that hasn't say consumed in a week smoking just a little regardless of what and how much one consumes.

Accordingly regular users over a month must consume far more than 1.5 gram that is about 2 joints worth. The above noted, research shows the majority of USA weed users are infrequent users like you and this person. Over decades have preferred that style because I have a very full life that is not about weed and when I do use, want to get strongly high that requires regular tolerance breaks. Thus not a fan of the weak high I get if smoking frequently.

• Like Like x 1
  9. So I've heard. Don't know how people function that way. I am truly a lightweight.

10. I to am a solo smoker. Other than my wife, who doesn't partake, nobody I know, except my old boss, knows I smoke pot. My closest friends have died. The one I see now and then for lunch is straight as an arrow, but I have shared with him stories about my smoking days (as well as other experimental drugs) in Korea. I have a neighbor who is a casual friend, not close, and he comes over to have a beer now and then when I working in my garage shop and the door is open. He's been telling me for years if I need weed just ask him. I just tell him I'm fine with beer.

11. Thanks for all the feedback. Since I don't know many people my age who smoke weed, I needed some frame of reference to measure my habit. My best friend who died a couple years ago did smoke week now and then. He told me I was a very light user also.

Here is a tip for long term storage, just in case we go MadMax and things become scarce. As I mentioned in my OP, I bought much more MMJ than I needed during the one year I had my MMJ card. Back in 2017 new customers got special deals so I got much of my MMJ at a great price too as I shopped all the MMJ stores in my area. I purchased a small 1.7CF refrigerator at Goodwill for $15. I have a Foodsaver vacuum packer I use frequently for food with an attachment that fits on Mason jars. So I put weed I bought in these little mason jars with a Boveda 62% humidity control packs and vacuum packed them. About every 6 months I'd open them to check the Boveda packs as they can dry out over time. I replaced a few over that time. I put the label from the MMJ packet on the jar with the date of purchase. They have been stored in my little mini-fridge at 50 degrees for the past 3 years. No light, no temperature fluctuation, no air. The Cornbread MMJ I have left isn't quite as fragrant as it was when new, but it's still moist and potent. And I've never lost any weed to mold with this method.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Very Light user. I smoke / vape anywhere from 2- 4 grams per day depending on if I also use concentrates and/or edibles. My brother who lives with me smokes about the same. When I was younger a half ounce a day wasn’t odd but that usually included sharing with others.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’d have to say I’m at around 2-5g a day right now depending on how much pain I’m in. Grow goals; around 4lbs a year.

Half of that is at night in capsule for sleep/pain and the rest over the course of the day in both capsule and smoke.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. None. Gave it up, I'm young, a long long long life of pain ahead of me. Constantly get CHS even from a couple weeks of relief, then a whole new monster to deal with for three weeks.

Stopped drinking too,

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've never used a vape, and I hear they conserve more weed, but even so 1.5g a month seems light. If I don't have to save money I probs would go through 1.5-2 oz a month. When I'm smart with my weed, and smoking from bowls/bongs, I go through about an oz a month, and would consider myself a moderately heavy user. Time of day also matters. If you smoke 2g at night to sleep or something, I would consider you light or moderate. If you smoke multiple times a day every day, it would consider you a more heavy user, even if you still were only totaling 2g. Overall 1.5 aint bad. I easily go through that in a day, if I have the money to spare.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well, I'm 55 and I smoke at least an oz a month. Although it's for both recreational and medicinal purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I smoke anywhere from 1/4 ounce to a half ounce in a week. Weed is legal here, you can smoke in public, I have a med card AND a great connection, so it’s cheap either way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. 1.5gs a month is definitely pretty light use. I can rarely just get stoned all day so I usually just take a some bong hits or vape a couple bowls through a day. I think a lot of people use a lot at one time, daily and that builds their tolerance quite a bit higher. Like I smoke daily but usually not much at a time and not all day so my tolerance stays pretty low.

Neither is right or wrong but factor in your budget, medical needs, how often you can be high and all that. Like some may grow (unlimited supply for cheap basically) and may be able to get high all day without it negatively affecting anything else. Others may have to pay a lot for weed and due to work or other factors can't smoke that often.

19. 2 Grams a day plus edibles I never leave cloud 9

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. I'm 63. I was steadily consuming a quarter a week for years while I worked and didn't grow. Now I'm retired and grow. Last years harvest was over 2lbs, consisting of 5 varieties. I have been carefully curing them in mason jars since Oct-Nov. Each month they are stronger leading me to believe I'm curing them properly. I prefer 58%-62% humidity. Since I have a candy shop of choices in the closet, I probably smoke 3-4 joints worth of bong bowls a day, from morning til evening, with stretches of non smoking, so not chain smoking. Just sprouted the first (auto-flowering, 'Dark Devil') seeds of the year now that Spring has arrived. Next month we'll sprout the photperiods that will go in the ground in June, giant sized, started in 10gallon fiber pots then transplanted like shrubs. So much fun, they were taller than me last year. We get loads of manure from our neighbor friend so they don't need much more than sufficient rainfall/watering. Anyway I smoke more now that I have more time on my hands. I have ptsd, anxiety, panic attacks, etc., and use for self medication. I do love to feed my head though so I harvest before much amber is showing. Probably between 1 and 1.5 oz a month. Sorry so chatty, it's my first post.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2