Average cost of nutes per month?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by DenserNug, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Im looking into growing hydro and am trying to compile a price list... so far I have:

10 L LBS Hydroton Expanded Clay Grow Rocks Media = 20
    PH PPM TEMP TDS EC CF METER WATER TESTER = 115
    4 INCH x 16 ft FLEXIBLE EXHAUST FAN DUCTING = 24
    LUMA DIGITAL AIR COOLED HPS+MH LIGHT 600W = 230
    4" INLINE FAN CARBON FILTER COMBO = 145
    48"X48" REFLECTIVE MYLAR GROW TENT = 120
    5 Lowlife Blueberry Autoflowering Feminised Seeds = 55
    Bubble Bucket Setup with pumps and nets = 80

So I figure about $800 so far. Just need to know how much nutes and chemicals will be , like pH up n down, nutes idk everything. Anything else Im missing in my checklist?

I figure how much per month because my plants will be ready to harvest in under 3 months so Ill just multiply accordingly. Thanks.

2. #2 yoctown, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    I wouldn't suggest growing hydro if you never grown before. To many people fail their first time. Do a soil run or two before switching up to hydro. Their are always to many unexpected costs for beginners. Keep it simple the first time and work your way up to something more complex. As far as nutrients it can vary depending on what you decide to give it. GH base nutrients shouldn't cost much. But I would want to add so many products from there.

3. Well, this cost has a wide range. But I would say keep it simple. I use General Hydroponics. Buying by the gallon would be cost effective (Grow-Micro-Bloom & maybe Liquid KoolBloom) & use their simple recirculating formula. It's at their website. You can buy Ph up & Down & other enhancers, if you choose, by the quart.

For 5 plants I would estimate in the area of $20-$30/month.

4. I meet lots of people that do a hydro grow for their first time and wind up with great success. It's all about keeping things simple and making sure everything is in place before you grow.

Things to get SOLID before YOU EVEN GERMINATE A SEED:

1. GROW SPACE, GROW SPACE, GROW SPACE.
    2. TEMPS/HUMIDITY.
    3. Ventilation.

Those are the three things that kill a grow, so keep it in mind. So many people get their shit together, then realize that with their lights running they're cab is 90F.