Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

AVB Cannacaps in "About An Hour"

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kalibur, Dec 29, 2012.

1. #1 Kalibur, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    Hi Guys,

I just got some AVB from a friend and my stash ran out so I decided to cook it up. The method came out great and I think in terms of maximising your AVB, this recipe is very fast and amazingly potent. Please forgive any mistakes as I'm riding on my first dose as I type :)

INGREDIENTS:

• Your AVB - I had about 8g of moderately toasted "dank" bud, black stuff will supposedly work but it's not recommended
    • Oil - We all know Coconut oil is the best, so use that. I ran out and the stores are closed for holidays so I've used a mix of Virgin Olive Oil (Extra Virgin is fine also), Canola Oil and Vegetable Oil
    • Soy Lecithin - You need it, full stop. I've got pellets but you need to powder it so if that's available, get some. This stuff is an emulsifier is and is going to double the potency by making it more bio-available. I recommend learning about it but you don't have to, just follow these steps
    • Capsules - I have size 00 caps, you can buy these at health stores, you just open them up and fill them and push the cap down to lock it in place. I have Gelatine caps but you can also buy Vegetable caps, they dissolve at different spots in the body I believe (don't quote me :p)
    • Syringe - Optional, I use a syringe to suck up the oil and deliver it into the caps, it makes it quick and easy. 10ml ones are easier to control than the larger ones
    • Cupcake Tray - Anything metal with a groove or another container to hold it in, make sure it won't shatter in the oven
    • Foil - To cover the tray while baking
    • Strainer - I have a fine mesh strainer but you can use a fine cloth like cheese cloth or muslin cloth, also a hanky or other clean material will work fine, as long as the oil can come out and it traps the bud
    • Grinders - Something to grind the AVB and something to grind the soy lecithin if you have pellets, I used a Magic Bullet but you can also use a hand grinder

I know the parts list is big but if you gather all the things here then you are prepared for cooking in the future, it's much more efficient than throwing your AVB away! Let's get into it :)

METHOD

1.) Set your oven to 150C or 300F, my oven has fan forced or conventional mode but I set it to conventional

2.) Grind up your soy lecithin if you have pellets. The Magic Bullet (I'm sounding like a commercial here) makes it into a powder nice and quick, so other electronic grinders should work well. I've also used a pestle and mortar which is slower but effective, you want it to be a nice smooth powder, similar to flour. In terms of weight, I added about 4g of soy lecithin to my 8g of AVB but I didn't weigh it. See step 4.

3.) Grind up your AVB, it should be lightly toasted so a hand muller should get it nicely fine like a powder. I also got some stems and chopped them up with the Magic Bullet and chucked those in as well. Put this into a little bowl or measuring container so we can add the soy lecithin.

4.) Your AVB should be a nice fine powder after mulling and will mix well with the powder soy lecithin. You want to make sure the soy lecithin powder is mixed very well with the powdered AVB, keep adding more soy lecithin until you can clearly see the yellow/white colour of the soy lecithin in the powdered mix. This will make for a smooth liquid once we add the oil.

5.) Grab a spoon and start adding your oil, mixing as you go. I like to add a little oil and mix so that the mixture almost looks like dough, pressing it down with the spoon and mixing it around. Add more oil and then mix again, allowing it to become a thick liquid. You want it to be thick but just barely run off the spoon. Adding oil in this way instead of adding a specific amount ensures you dont add extra oil unnecessarily and this means swallowing more pills for the same dose.

6.) Fill up your cupcake tray with the oil, you want the oil to be at least 2.5cm (1 inch) deep, if it's too shallow then it will simply burn and you'll lose potency. Cover the tray with foil and wrap it tight, we want to make sure that all the vapour is trapped.

7.) Bake for 30 minutes in the oven, I always recommend putting a thermometer in your oven to make sure it's heating to the temperature you set. Often people who try and fail have an oven that's going too hot and burning the oil.

8.) This gives you a good time to clean up and prepare the caps by taking the tops off and separating the bodys from the tops. If you've never filled one before, notice there's a line just before the top, you want to fill to this line on every cap to make sure they all hold the same amount of oil and to make sure the tops go on, if you overfill that line then they sometimes don't snap down and it's a pain to re-fill them.

9.) When the 30 minutes are up, remove the tray and place in the freezer. This allows it to cool down quickly and allows us to start straining sooner, but it also means that the mixture doesn't keep cooking as it cools down. You want the tray to be cool to the touch before taking off the foil.

10.) Strain the mixture and separate the oil from the bud. Some people like to set the strained bud aside and cap these for "emergencies", I've never tried it though. The oil will most likely be black, I'm not sure why it is but don't panic.

11.) Simply suck up the oil with your syringe and fill up the caps, snap the tops down to lock them and store them in the fridge or freezer.

DOSAGE

To convert your dosage into caps, you need to fill all the oil into caps and count them. For mine, I had 44 caps and I used 8g of AVB. Therefore 8 divided by 44 is 0.18g of AVB per cap (slightly less because of losing some while straining or emptying it out of a bowl and leaving traces behind but you should still convert it this way).

For a friend who has never had an edible and thus no tolerance was given 2 caps which is 0.36g of AVB and was on the moon for about an hour. I have a larger tolerance as I take cannacaps as a replacement to smoking and 4 caps gave me the same high which is 0.72g of AVB. A heavier user would use 1g and upwards of AVB as a dose.

Given that my dosage of fresh bud is usually around 0.35g to 0.5g as a user with a medium tolerance, I would say this gives a great result from bud that you've already enjoyed through smoking with a vape.

SIDE-NOTE: Even though my dosage was 0.72g, during my first test I took 11 caps at once which is 1.98g of AVB. If I was to compare 0.72g with 1.98g I would have to say that I only got slightly more buzzed however the high went for longer. I hypothesize that a larger dose of AVB with this method will not substantially increase the high but rather only the duration of the high due to the low THC content of AVB but somewhat regular levels of other chemicals such as CBD.

I hope it helps you guys and if you have any comments or corrections, please let me know. This whole thing was written while flying high, who said it made you unproductive? :p

PEACE!

2. Great recepie man! Defenitley will have to try it with my stash of AVB! Thanks for the post!

3. Thank you DaNkGaNjAmAn, I hope to find some people willing to test this method and compare results! Given that some websites will tell beginners to cook and consume upwards of 4g at a time I'm hoping that either I can correct that misinformation or rather offer a method where the common dosage is less than a tenth of what they suggest :)

4. What were your ratios bud:Lecithin:Oil

5. Try to think of it less as a ratio and more as a guide. Let's say for example you have 8g of AVB. You will need 1/4 to 1/2 of the weight in Soy Lecithin, so for this example, between 2g and 4g of Soy Lecithin.

For the oil, make sure you add in enough so that it completely covers the AVB. I add oil and stir, add oil and stir, etc, until it's combined like a liquid. If you don't have enough, the AVB will soak up the oil and it will be like adding water to flour, the mixture will clump up and stick together. You add oil until you can stir it like a drink, but don't over-do it, you don't want to add more oil than you need. If you use a ratio for your oil/weed, you'll find that your results are inconsistent.

Hope it helps, PM me if you need more direction. Happy baking!

6. Awesome thank you!!