Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

AVB and acid reflux/heartburn

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Neon Opal, Jun 20, 2011.

1. I made a firecracker last night with my first AVB. I also used Nutella for the first time. I got hideous acid reflux and it's still no good this AM.:(

I have proiblems with that anyway but It kind of made me think it was due to the AVB but the Nutella was also a new factor. Any one with stomach problems have this problem, also eating AVB? If you have did you have better luck using it to cook something else? I was fine the other times I made them or no worse than normal.

2. Yea, Nutella (and chocolate; carob) gives me wicked heartburn. I have to avoid chocolate-like treats for this reason *cries*

3. Anything with a good bit of oil in it will cause my reflux to flare up, peanutbutter, nutella, the list goes on.....

It makes sense, acid reflux (as im sure you know) is when stuff within the stomach, can get back in the esophagus... usually due to the sphincter which separates them being weak, or not closing all the way... Add oil to the mix, it makes it so anything in there is lubricated... easier to slip back up into the esophagus... i dunno if there is science behind that... but thats my understanding of oils + greasy food and reflux

4. yep. that makes sense. I also suffer from just about anything oily so I hear you there... peanuts are brutal!

5. peanuts are very brutal.. in fact... the only oil i can really think of that i eat on the regular that doesnt cause reflux, is hash oil lol

6. lol - well I look forward to testing that one out for myself!

I don't have any problems with Cashews, though... and cashew butter is damn tasty. Have you tried that?

7. hahaha i have, dont remember if it made me flare up though.. coconut oil doesnt cause it for me either

8. thanks for your thoughts- I've never tried the cassue butter. Peanut butter is a weird one for me sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't same with chocolate...so may just have been too much of too many not so good things :( generally I'm not fond of 2 many oily things. Does anyone notice more of a problem when using AVB? as my other firecracker experiences with just the peanut butter and butter mix didn't much bother me