Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Jada, Feb 1, 2002.

1. When i go to Avatar and try to have a pic posted nothni happens. I go to change avatar and a blank window appears. I go back, then into more info-and i se the pics, but when i click copy or whatever to them-nothing happens. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? thanks!

2. Ah yes... I just went through this.

Are you trying to upload an avatar? If so, you have to remember to check the spot where it says "use custom avatar".

I must have tried a million times before I finally got it.

Check that spot and you'll probably be ok.

3. Ok, I think I did it, so this is just a trial post to see if i did. Thanks for the advice

4. I don't see your avatar.

Are you still having trouble, or are you looking for a kick ass avatar?

5. I'm still haveing trouble. How do i transfer the avatar that i want from the window dispalying them all onto my profile? i know how to view the selections, but then when i pull it onto the page that comes up when i hit "change avatar," nothing happens. I'm not to sure what I'm doing wrong

6. OK, I see you're making it to the page to change your avatar. That's good (took me a sec to get there myself).

After clicking on "edit options" at the top of the profile page, click on "change avatar".

Shit, I'm trying to do this as I go along, but it won't let me get to the change avatar page (I think you are getting the same thing). :eek:

This is something for the brass to deal with. Once that problem is fixed I think you'll be able to figure it out.

But, if you are not going to upload a custom avatar, then you don't want to check the "use custom avatar" feature (of course).

Good luck, and hopefully the mechanics are working on this.

7. I have just made superjoint aware of this. Hopefully things will be up in running in that department soon.

Thanks for letting us know!

8. thank you very much for all of your help. I'm still not sure if I'm anywhere close, but heck, I'll keep trying.

9. You're doing it ok, it's the website that's messing up somehow.

It should not be giving us a blank page when we click on the "change avatar" button.

10. Hey, I just discovered something.

If things can’t be fixed soon I can change your avatar for you.

But if you had one in mind that is on that page you can no longer see it won't help much.

But if you find an avatar that you like elsewhere and email it to me ( budburner0@icqmail.com ) I can do it for you.

If you find an avatar in any posts that you like on this board or any other, right click on the avatar that you see and save it to your hard drive.

Then zap it to me and I'll make the changes for you.

(That's how I stole... I mean acquired... my avatar)

11. placing my first post in hopes that I will now be able to set my custom avatar...

12. I get the same exact thing... A blank white page that shows "Done." when I click on "change avatar"... Will this be fixed soon? I would really like to finish setting up my account... thanks...

13. Hey people.

I'd be happy to make these changes for you until things are fixed 'round here.

You could PM me or post here. I'll need an email with the avatar that you like atached to the email.

my email: budburner0@icqmail.com

Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

14. Hey all,

I just emptied out my email from icq. Seems they only let you have so many messages! lol

Anyway, if anybody has been trying to zap me an avatar, I'm sorry. Now there's space available in my inbox for your message.

:eek:

15. I sent you mine... ;)

16. Let's see how this works.

If your avatar isn't there now, it should be the next time you post.

(Lovely avatar!)

_____ ________ ________ ______

Ok, it's there. Looks good too.

17. bwahahaha! great, it's working... thanks a bunch budburner... and yes, it's quite lovely isn't it... :D

18. My pleasure, Menace!

Hopefully things will be fixed soon.

19. <center>yeah, I hope so... I'd like to be able to change my own avatar whenever I want... I will probably make a new one soon... I am always changing my settings... so I hope it won't be too much longer... [​IMG]