avatar size is way restricted!!!

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Num, Jul 3, 2006.

1. :eek: omg!1 12kb!!! That's like 1x1 pixel ffs!!!
    Can we have a realistic avatar size pls?? :D

Like my new creation btw??:smoking: Photoshop ftw :cool:

2. I don't really think anyone else has a problem with it.

3. i dunno, i don't have a problem with it. i'd prefer 100x100 but 75x75 is fine too.

4. good enough for my needs. :D

5. I don't think it's likely to be changed, sorry.

6. I hope it doesen't change. I belonged to a forum a while back and they changed it so you can make bigger avatars, ended up ruining the board. Haha. The smaller the better in my view.

7. ok - i agree - a sugarlump laced with squirell piss is better than a sumo wrestler made of bud.

8. nice idea about the cap, i like it. avatars are bit small for my taste; but, i adapted my pics to fits its need. i guess its not important enough for me to debate.

9. I don't think he was talking about the dimensions, I think he was referring to the file size.

I agree, 12kb seems a little small.

10. Seriosuly.. Unless youre using BMP as your image format.. 12kb souldnt be a problem. On Deviantart they have 50x50 avatars with 20kb and under.. Which I found a bit odd. :p

11. Just resize your image in photoshop, then upload. I had the same problem up til a monyht ago when i figured it out.
    peace, TBug

12. thats not to say I dont have a problem with the size. I would like to have animated avatars. There are some really cool ones out there..... Peace, TBug

13. OMG, I just caught this! You mean you people thought he was talking about dementions? lol...That's sssOooooo funny. ....DUH!:D

Its amazing how smart people can think stupid, and occasionally stupid can think smart? Or is it that people who think they're smart really arent? hmmmm....

Peace, TBUG

14. It is a bit small... :eek:

15. The avatar size is perfect!!! :D

16. I wish I could use my animated marijuana leaf avatar, but it says it's not allowed. :(

17. Are we allowed to have transparent avatars ?

Mine should be, but it's not showing up properly. Did I do something wrong ?

Appreciate any help

18. I'll check into the transparent thing but animated avatars don't float. Sorry.

19. Meh, no biggy deal..

20. I hate those big fancy boards that have avatars which are animated and like 250x250, with equaly loud and abnoxious sigs. I belong to another message board which is plain. Just text, no images even load, no avatar, no profile no nothing and i personally love that layout for a message board. but if a website has the avatars and image sigs, I'd prefer it to be like this where they're small and out of the way and not loud and with spinning things and animation