Avatar keeps disappearing on mobile app....??

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by HaoleToke719, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I have to keep manually setting my avatar through the forum app because it keeps disappearing. Why is that?

2. Are you sure you're setting an avatar, and not a profile picture? :confused:

3. There's a difference between the two? Lol...if so, how do you set an avatar using the mobile app?

4. Yeah, there's a difference.

A "profile picture" is the picture that appears on your profile when someone clicks on your user name.

An "avatar" is the picture that appears under your name when you post.

I'm not sure how to set an avatar on the mobile app, though... sorry. :(

5. But every time I go to "Profile" in the mobile app it changes the picture of my avatar in the mobile app, if that makes sense. Then I'll come back an hour or so later and I'll have to set it again cuz it'll change itself back to the default. Like right now it's set, but if I login a bit later it changes itself back. It's weird lol....

6. [​IMG]

That's what I currently see as your avatar. Is that the right pic?

7. Yup, but then it'll change itself back to the default pic with the outline of the head or whatever. It's weird. I have to constantly change it back to the correct picture lol. Maybe there's something wrong with the app and it just doesn't show it sometimes...?

8. Maybe it's only showing as the incorrect picture for you, but it's fine for everyone else? :confused:

I dunno, just a thought. If that's not it, then it might just be a glitch with ForumRunner, and I don't think GC has much control over that. :confused_2:

9. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Maybe it's only showing as the incorrect picture for you, but it's fine for everyone else? :confused:

I dunno, just a thought. If that's not it, then it might just be a glitch with ForumRunner, and I don't think GC has much control over that. :confused_2:[/quote]

Do you currently have an avatar set? If so, I'm viewing this from the app right now and it shows a default one for you.

10. Yup, I currently have an avatar. Most people here have custom avatars.

If you're seeing mostly default avatars, then it's probably just the app. :p

11. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Yup, I currently have an avatar. Most people here have custom avatars.

If you're seeing mostly default avatars, then it's probably just the app. :p[/quote]

Yup then its the app then lol thanks.

12. The mobile app is lousy with avatars and loading pics in threads and whatnot.

Sometimes it will load everything nicely, and sometimes it won't. That's just the way it is.