Discussion in 'Movies' started by TheKindBud, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Im going into NYC next week to catch the midnight showing of Avatar in IMAX 3-D with my brodel. I really hope James Cameron doesn't let me down.

One question:

How high should I get for this movie? Generally when I see movies high I totally forget them the next day. Plus, the NYC Sour Diesel that I pick up every time I go to the City makes me absolutely retarded. Should I make an attempt to go to this movie relatively sober? Or maybe just dust an O.C. instead of hitting the bong?
    Thanks for your input! :wave:

2. you my friend are on to something. IMAX 3-D HERE I COME. and i say just get dumb and go so u can just watch the whole movie with your jaw dropped and your eyes low.

3. I'm going to the 7pm showing opening night. We will definitely be high as hell but the movie is 2hr and 40 minutes so it would be nice if there was an intermission so we could smoke half way through it lol

4. 10 pm imax 3d show on friday...I'm going absolutely high off my ass this shit looks epic

5. Just saw it in IMAX 3D :D

Pros:
    -CGI was freakin amazing

Cons:
    -Story seemed a little predictable at times, maybe even generic
    -Felt super long
    -Some musical motifs recycled from "My Heart Will Go On" (from Titanic). Not sure if it's a genuine "con" but I found it annoying

Overall, I went in not expecting too much as far as the plot was concerned. I'd rate the plot an 7/10. But the CGI was some groundbreaking stuff, it all seemed so real. I rate it 10/10. This movie raises the standard for CGI. 9/10 overall. Smoked a bowl of Louis XIII before the movie. The movie was around 2 hours 45 minutes. I was stupid high for the first hour or so, the started coming down halfway through the movie. I wish there was an intermission where I could've smoked another bowl

6. Going to see it tomorrow :) can't wait.

I have been hearing the story is generic, but it doesn't even matter.

Its a sci-fi Pocahontas :)

7. I am looking forward to watch it as i am a fan of Terminator and Titanic that were directed by James Cameron too.I have a lot of expectations from this movie as i have heard it is one of the most expensive movies ever made.

Jacob Black

8. Just got back from the IMAX 3D midnight screening, I am seriously regretting not seeing it high. It didn't really have a plot that mattered, but I swear to god if I was high I would think I was actually on Pandora. Shit man, Ima go this weekend, I really want to see it again high :smoke:

9. This movie calls for lsd.

10. If you guys are worried about not keeping your high the entire time, why not just bake brownies? Nothing crazy but a little cannabis being metabolized slowly could keep your high for a very long time...and um say you also hit the bong before hand...should definitely last the 3 hours with a brownie + hitter combo

11. Saw it today, it was really cool, but I think I'm gonna have to watch it a second time because we didn't have any weed :(

12. Seen it last night the CGI really lives up to all the hype fucking amazing. The story iss ehhh but definatly watchable. When I left the theater it felt like "Wow.. now back to reality" You really feel like your in this movie. Action scenes were rediculous. 9/10 IMO.

13. I went and saw this movie completely BLAZED out of my mind, we hotboxed my minivan prior to the show, and walked in a little late cause we lost track of time. So i wasnt exactly sure what the movie was about but it was the, the most badass movie ever!! :smoking:

ps. get the front row seats, worth it.

14. Plot was definitely predictable and a little generic but it was so immersive it didn't matter. It took us a good hour afterwards for it all to sink in. Once I got in mar car and started driving, I felt like I could be riding on a dragon. The movie really made you think that you were there with the characters

Definitely gonna see it again even more ripped as we sat in line for a good 45 minutes so by the time the movie started, the high was wearing off as we only smoked regs.

I could only imagine this movie trippin.

BTW, I don't know if every theater was showing this but that hubble preview in 3D was fucking unreal. It almost made the beginning space sequence in avatar look fake because hubble looked so good.

15. Yeah I felt like I was there fightin with them. I wasnt watching the 3-D version, but i was in the front row so it felt 3D to me anyways. Seriously this is my top pick in theaters this holiday to go see blazed, you wont regret it, worth every cent :)

16. I saw it high and on shrooms. Maybe the most awe insiring expierence i felt connected to the people and i felt i belonged there it was amazing. Deffinalty recoomended blazed at least

peace

17. Hi, I think it was a cool movie and the special effects used were awesome. I believe this movie would go even better in the following sequels.

Jack Wilson

18. i saw it in 3d last night but not imax and it was pretty fuckin sick, i can only imagine how cool it would be to watch it trippin

19. saw it for the first time last night blazed. it was really good! visually amazing, good story line, but some parts were a little ridiculous. still a good movie.