Autos while I veg

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SkunkyBrains, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Can I grow autos under a mh bulb, while my blue widow and pre 98 bubba kush veg under it? I was thinking about throwing some autos in my grow room for my next grow, and finishing them while I still veg my real plants. I could do it while I bud, but I thought autos need at least 20hrs of light a day to get to yield to its full potential.

2. [quote name='"SkunkyBrains"']Can I grow autos under a mh bulb, while my blue widow and pre 98 bubba kush veg under it? I was thinking about throwing some autos in my grow room for my next grow, and finishing them while I still veg my real plants. I could do it while I bud, but I thought autos need at least 20hrs of light a day to get to yield to its full potential.[/quote]

Yea 20/4 is supposed to be best but 18/12 is fine and the mh will work but won't be as good as hps..could always change your veg time to 20/4 and use a hps if you wanted

3. What about a dual spectrum bulb? I could use that. My hps/mh ballast is only 400w, but I also have a 1kw hps ballast that I use to bud my plants. I cant put a mh in it, but it will run a dual spectrum bulb. The downside of that is they are super expensive.

4. Htg has a dual arc 600w that's not too bad of a price..could also get a warm mh or cool spectrum hps

5. I saw that, and have been thinking about getting a 600w anyway cuz the 1kw is to much for me.

6. FWIW... I'm a fan of autos in the veg! I frequently bloom autos in the veg area, but under LED. I use a 18/6 light regiment and have had no issues with yield, beyond the occasional strain/phenotype anomalies.

On the HID side of things, I've heard the dual arc 600 watt lamps dont last beyond 4 - 6 months on digital ballasts, no first hand experiences though. Philips has a 600 watt Ceramic Metal Halide, though it is only for Magnetic Core/Coil Ballasts (non-digital), the spectra is said to be sun-like and quite popular amongst growers who have used them.