autos vs photo fem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BongRipperK, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Hi, just started my first autos (sweet cream, and blueberry), so logically since light can stay on 24/7 autos should produce more in general than non auto vegged for same time then flipped to 12/12. Just curious if this rings true in practice also. Thanks !

2. Most auto that have been bred / crossed properly will grow more flowers compared to a photo if you are only basing that comparison on time constraints! But remember this, an auto strain named 'whatever', will never be a true representation of a photo strain named 'whatever' that it was derived from. And that is simply because a auto is a result of a cross, which results in the resulting auto having the traits of both parents that were used in that cross. And... when it comes to crossing any cannabis sativa / indica directly with a cannabis ruderalis, the resulting auto will carry more of the cannabis ruderalis traits than the cannabis sativa / indica traits. And it doesn't matter which was male or female, a photo cannabis sativa / indica crossed with a cannabis ruderalis will initially contain more of the traits found in the cannabis ruderalis. That's why most breeders spend so much time back-cross their auto with the original photo they created the auto with. They do that so they can bring back as many of the original photos traits into their newly created auto strain bearing the same name.

3. i veg 24hr photoperiod plants with great success just because they are photos it certainly dont mean you have to give them 18/6 also sweet seeds do allot of photo f1s which finish in 6-7 weeks

4. No i veg photo on 24. Im talkin durin flowering.