Auto's looking weak. HELP !

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jonnyhf, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Hello

I currently have 5 auto's in their 4th week of my first grow. Some of the leaves at the top of the plant are turning yellow and are not the lush dark green they once were. There are also some regular photoperiod in with those and the leaves on them are doing the same and even worse, are starting to sort of curl. I'm worried this is going to effect the quality of the bud in my auto's and the quality of my vegging with the auto's.

It's probably just best to show pics...

The first pic is the regular photo and the rest are the auto's, sorry about the quality.

Suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks again

Jonny

Attached Files:

• reg.jpg
      reg.jpg
      File size:
      98.5 KB
      Views:
    • a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      87.8 KB
      Views:
    • a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      124 KB
      Views:
    • a3.jpg
      a3.jpg
      File size:
      139.3 KB
      Views:
  2. soil?
    nutes?
    water?

3. CannaTerra soil, this had enough nutes for the first few weeks, was gonna get some for vegging the auto's but it had started flowering before i knew it !
    I'm kinda worried with nutes as i have no idea what i'm doing in terms of concentration, what to get, Ph levels and what not :|

so no nutes atm, is there any you could suggest to get my babies looking ripe again.

Thanks

Jonny

4. i would say they need some nutes. autos go threw their life cycle very fast. just read the bottle it tells you how much to mix. but i would start with 1/2 the strength and see how you plant take to it

5. Your plants are hungry, but, you should purchase a digital PH meter before you start feeding. Giving nutes to your plant at the wrong PH will do nothing.

I only grow autos and Fox Farms Tiger Bloom is all I need when using a soil with starter nutes in it. Start fertilizing a week after first flowers form to avoid any nutrient deficiencies as it starts flowering. If FFTB is not available, any liquid nutrients high in P with a little N and K will do fine for flowering.

Autoflowers have a set lifespan (Usually around 55-70 Days from seedling), therefore, if you stress the plant or do not give it enough nutrients you are reducing the end product greatly.

Regular photoperiod plants do not have as big of an issue with early stresses as corrections can be made before you decide to flower the plant.

6. It's been flowering a little under a week I think, I am going to the hydroponic shop on Friday. So I want high in P (Potassium?) a little N (Nitrogen) and K (what is K?!).

In terms of Ph levels, what is the optimum range I should be looking at for my nutes to be most effective.

Thanks again, this has already been a great help :D

7. Yeah get it started with some bloom nutes ph'd at 6.5~ ideally. Autoflowering plant's are kind of tricky because there is never a clear cut change from veg to flower, so the feeding schedule throws some people off. But your plant is definitely hungry.

8. In my experience with autos, the soil (if pre-fertilized) will have enough nutes to carry the plants for the first 3-4 weeks. After that the autos should have already started flowering and will be ready for their first dose of flowering nutes.

The NPK (Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium) of the fox farms I use is 2-8-4, if you can find some nutes close to that ratio you're plants will respond nicely after a couple days.

9. Hi again.

So i've been to my local (and only) hydroponics shop today.
    Have picked up some canna-flores to perk my babies up and most likely will also grab something like BigBud to go along with the flower...

As for that ratio, i had a look around the shop and couldn't find much close to that to be honest but will try and find something close to it when i go back on friday.

Will try and keep you updated on how they take to the nutes.

Thanks again

10. So here's an update...

the bloom nutes worked a treat and my auto's are looking great again (will try and get some pics shortly)

The regulars have really took to the veg nutes i've been giving them and look very healthy indeed.

I now have a new issue and i'm not really sure how big of a problem it is....I seem to have some sort of white, ash-like substance in my soil and was wondering if anybody knew what it was...nobody has been in there so it must have came out of the soil i just don't know what it is/how to get rid of it, or if i even need to for the matter

as always, any comments greatly appreciated

cheers

jonny

11. Anybody ??