Autos are fun.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lawbaw, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Hey!

Ok.. so I grew autos for the first time and you know what.. I like them!

1x girl scout cookies, 1x think diffrent and 2x auto xtream under 600w at.

There's a few points that I like about autos. I never really put a veg time on photos because I just flower when it feels right, I u Sally give them 6 weeks and they always turn out monsters. With autos it's surprised me how much u can actully get for a 2/3 week veg. This was my test run and I've now got 10 red poison and 6 dark devils in a bigger tent now Purley because Iam so impressed with the results. I've never done cuttings before.. always just got seeds so that aspect doesn't bother me. If ur thinking about doing autos then just do it. There 10 days from the chop and there chunky. 3 gallon pots, start feeding after 14 days from seed and switch to flower nutes 5 days after pre flowering. That's all I did.. half measures with everything. Am easily walking away with 10 oz after 9 weeks and they smell and look no diffrent from the photos. Genetics is key I believe.

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for the info. I've always started with a seed and then take cuts from the good ones, but did an auto white widow feminized and it turned out pretty little (MAYBE an ounce), but I took it out of veg and put it into flower once I saw the first white hairs. How much did u say u got per plant (average or best guess works for me:)). I have a ton of free autos from buying more than my fair of seeds from attitude. ;). Trying to figure out if I wanna pop some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Awh pop them for sure man, getting a ounce from 12/12 light is probebly pretty good. I run mine 20/4 there not ready to chop yet another week left in them judging by my calendar from looking at them at least 3 ounces from the 2 front ones and about 3 to 4 ounces on the auto xtream. Definetly 10oz all in of fat colas though. In my main tent I veg the photos with the autos then move the photos into a flower tent, you wanna get best bang for your buck so preferably give them as much light as possible. I do have a co2 bag in my small auto tent which is why a think there fatter than what's expected. I've attached a photo in the post

4. Interesting. Thanks for the info. How long, roughly, do u give them in veg. I see u said 3 weeks in ur original post. Did I understand that right? Yeah I did 24 hour for first 2 weeks and then 12/12 the rest. Prob 9 maybe 10 weeks. In flower.

• Like Like x 1
  5. But I ALWAYS go longer than most . Not to the point I'm ruining anything. But I swear people could get so much better tastes if they let it go another week or two. Sorry. Way off topic. Thanks for ur info.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well this is the first time I did them and I just kept the lights on 20/4 I noticed the start of the white pistols after about 25 days from seed. So about 3 weeks the veged, that's the most important part so I just try to disturb them little as possible. Yeah I agree with you it's better to over do them than under do them

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jason- autoflowering means you don't need to worry about photoperiods for when they flower.. They don't flower based on times, only on maturity. You're wasting precious growth you could be getting by leaving them in a "veg" tent at 18/6 +.. They'll flower at 12/12 and they'll flower at 24/0. You could "veg" them as long as you damn well please, but they'll always flower when they're old enough, not dependent on your light.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Right, I get how that works CarterCannabis. I have only done one auto and have tons of photos going, but don't want to create a 3rd room with a full-on flower setup to accommodate a few "here and there" autos that I might do. I was just wondering, based ENTIRELY on the parameters I provided (1 room veg @24 & 1 room flower @12/12), when would either of you (or anyone!!:):)) take ur plants from my fluorescent-lit veg room to my HPS-lit flower room?? I started the auto seed just like every other seed, left it in veg for 3 or so weeks and when I saw that first hair I threw it into the flower room. How could I have maximized my potential better? Thank u for ur insights. I've shied away from autos for my entirety but am always trying to learn/get better!!! Thank u!!:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hmmm. If that's what you're trying to do I would maybe start them in your flower room... Just because they might shock a tad when you change rooms. And when we shock autoflowers that's no Bueno. If I were taking them from room to room, I would do it after about three weeks from seed. Or after seeing pistils, whichever is fine. If you upgraded the light in your veg room to a metal halide and grew maybe under 20/4, it would be a primo room to grow autoflowers in as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ooooooh!!! Snap!!! That's beautiful;) great idea!!! I'll look into making that happen. I bet everyone in veg would would appreciate that change up. ;):);)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Grow photo and auto was a bit of a pain. I end up using a large trash can and pulling out the photo for 12 hours then covering it in a dark room. That way I could keep the autos on 18 6.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. That sounds like way too much work, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pita for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Especially if you happened to be busy or forget those four hours.

Say hello hermaphrodite.

15. Fun being retired at 50. Doing more outdoor this year as we are heading for Europe all summer.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. about to do my first ever indoor grow and im gonna do some autos. should i start em on the MH light for first 2 or 3 weeks then switch to HPS or just run HPS the whole time? any advice is appreciated.

17. I would just run the HPS the whole time. Any transitions with autos give the opportunity for shock, and we certainly don't want that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Here are my girls at less than 2 weeks old. S.a.d. auto

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Well I installed my new light Friday and wow what a difference. Since my last photos.. The girls are now 2 weeks old. And bushier than all hell..650w t5 12 bulb unit..60,000 lumens..74w/per sq ft. 9 sq ft grow room.

Attached Files: