AutoMazar & EasyRyder - Yellowing leaves and drooping/curling down

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by TacoTyme, Apr 22, 2011.

1. #1 TacoTyme, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
    Hi there, i'm new here and i am growing 5x AutoMazar and 5x Easyryder's!
    They now are about a week and a half old. The leaves started to curl under/ down and they now have took on a slight yellowish cloour.

My soil mix is made up of perlite, spaghnum peat moss and potting soil.
    I have been watering them with city water that i filter through my britta water filter.
    I water them one they are dry.

I have a 120mm, 44cfm fan blowing air into my growbox aswell as one exhausting air through the back of the box.

I am using 2 42watt 6500k CFL's in a reflector system that i have built out of a dryer vent.

I will attach some pictures below, if anyone could possibley have any idea as to what the problem could be.

Attached Files:

2. UPDATE

Forgot to mention the temperature and humidity.

28 c which is 82.4 f

humidity is at 42%.

Plants are becoming worse now turning more yellow and are curling down under. The new leaves appear to be growing greener, the ones which are currentley growing out. but the others not.

Is there anyone who can help me with this?? I need some advise so i can act now before its too late.

Also, i am going out today to buy a timer. Right now they are curentley set to 24/0. I will be switching them to 20/4 as soon as i get a timer. Not sure if this will help but i'm trying everything.

I also raised my light to about 3+ inches away from plants 2 days ago now to see if that would help them, but it did not.

3. Bumpin this up.

Is there anyone who can help me they are much worse, i will upload more pictures of them if there is someone who can help me. I'm running out of time i have done a l o t of reading and cant find out what is going on.

4. Hi :wave:

What's the pH of the water you're pouring in and what's the runoff coming out? I'd be willing to bet that's the majority of your problem. Also, you need a LOT more light. For ten plants you're going to need a boat load of CFLs! Two really good threads that may interest you are:

Kamel's guide to CFLs
    pH and what it means to you

Sorry I don't know how to put links into threads like this but I think they're in the Absolute Beginners section

Good luck bud

5. thank you for the advise.

I dont think that my lights are the problem here. Those 2 lights are sufficient at this point in time, they are going outside this season im just starting them inside. :)

I just picked up a PH test kit (The one with the green capsules, nothing fancy)
    I will do a ph test on the soil. Now when it tells me to add water to the soil, should i add the same exact water that i use to water my plants?

Also the edges of the leaves, looking at the photos in my first post, have browned much much more and are turning into Dark/brown black areas on my plants. :/

6. What is the potting soil mix in your medium ???

They are unhappy with the soil/ph I'll bet.

Freak
    :smoke:

7. Google nutrient deficiency. There's guides out there on the web that will show u pics plus example of how to fix. I would post the one I use today but I'm on my iPhone and I don't know how to

8. Soil mix was soil, spaghnum peat moss and perlite... miracle grow perlite enriched with something like 0.4 0.1 0.6 very low ratio very low.

I have transplanted them from their jiffy pots into 4" plastic pots and have used hortibec (i think that is the name) seedling mix, made up of compost, peatmoss and perlite.

When i woke up today there seemed to be more growth, but the old leaves are still dying. I'm not sure yet if it is going to spread to the new leaves.

9. you need a fish tank ph tester and start testing the water ph it to 6.5
    and use that to water when needed if you do you will have good results
    and if not your plant will get worst

10. thank you. i will check at the pet store today for a fishtank PH tester. If i cant find one, can i get one that they use for pools. I think that might be easier to find around here.

thanks guys.

11. The MG is screwing with the Ph and the
    plant dont like it.

Although weed can be grown with MG products,
    u have to watch out for their timed-release products.

Glad u transplanted.

Freak
    :smoke:

12. UPDATE

There looking better been giving them ferts too, at 1/4 strength ( 5 15 5 ) with micronutrients too they are looking way better. I can tell that they arn't stunted anymore, as i can see growth everyday. I'll post some pics in a few ays if anyone is interested. All of the affected leaves arn't getting any better obviusly and i dont expect them to. It appears that the new growth is unaffected. I will pray that it stays this way and i will upload some pics soon :)

13. any updates?