Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. is that strawberry mango crumble a mephisto?

• Like Like x 4
  2. I’m going to send Inkbird an email and see what they say. Worst case I’ll grab a smaller wattage heater I suppose. I’ll let everyone know how it goes.

• Like Like x 5

3. Welp. 2nd set of autos bit the dust. I’m at a loss as to why. Possibly my light is too strong. I had it dimmed as far down as it would go. The NL seedling did not grow any more and just died. The CDLC X Skywalker never popped out of the soil. To say I’m frustrated is an understatement. I set up the second tent and have some photos germinating.

Moved my Light into the “photo” tent and just got my driver for the COBs. Once I have them wired up I’ll set them up in the “auto” tent and see if my luck changes. I’m assuming all I have to do is wire up a plug on one end and the COBs in parallel on the other end of the driver? Turn the Current potentiometer all the way clockwise and set the voltage at 34.7 and I should be good to go? My driver is the HLG-185H-36A. I have 2 5 port wagos which should be perfect for 4 total COBs. The one question I have is will I be OK with only 2 COBs wired up? Will there be any issues with the Driver or COBs themselves with only 2 COBs wired up to the driver to start with? Once flower starts I’ll wire up 2 more COBs and use the veg COBs for side lighting.

Hopefully I can get the photos going to at least have something growing. Will give the autos another try with the COBs and hopefully will have some success. Otherwise I’m open to ideas on why I can’t get these autos to do more than just pop the soil.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Day 35 - that growth! I’m very thankful for the whole library of knowledge in here

IMG_3160.JPG IMG_3162.JPG IMG_3157.JPG IMG_3150.JPG

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Yuanhui 240w (3500k/660nm) from alibaba, same as Joe I believe. I was using a BloomPlus BP2500 for veg but it shit the bed so that sponsor is done! lol

• Like Like x 4
  6. Man, I was really impressed with how you had things set up. It looked like you followed the method by OS to the tee. I think you even used Light Warrior for the seedling mix? If that’s true it’s my guess that it’s a light issue. I found this out the hard way too. They can’t handle anywhere near the light intensity that photo seedlings can.

I know it sucks but you should take pics of what is happening to them. OS will get you on the right path.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Whaddya think of the BloomPlus? There’s a few of the 3500’s available on Craigslist for $75 each.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Since I’m on a roll here….

Do any of you guys use T-5s start to finish?

I was thinking of grabbing a small strain and using an 8 bulb T5 over a roughly 2x4 coffee table. Perhaps start seedlings in Solo cups and compare it to starting in the final part. Maybe have room for a fodder tray or two for my chickens and get practice growing different microgreens.
    RD

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thanks Rancho. I tried to take some pics…but the seedling is so pathetic I can’t get it to stay focused. I’m hoping it’s just the lights. And I should be up and running with the COBs but the end of the week so I hope to if nothing else make some progress on my process for these autos.

Thanks,

VT

• Like Like x 5
  10. Ignoring the fact that it stopped running at full power and buzzes when I try to turn it up after one cycle… it seemed to do the job just fine. It definitely runs warmer than this light but that’s not a bad thing for veg when I’m in a cold basement

• Like Like x 4
  11. I seen a grow where a guy used a t5 and I was very impressed with what he achieved t5 did very decent at least from what he said

• Like Like x 4
  12. First batch of LAB is a success! Anybody know a good dilution rate? I wanted to water it in and use a fogger to foliate it. Fogger won’t be here till Friday but I wanted to ask someone here first since the internet is very misleading and to many answers a lot of the time

20210921_143117.jpg 20210921_214847.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  13. It was a MG freebie. I actually ordered a pack of seeds, just to get that freebie. The freebie F1 crosses are quite fun to run. There is little to no info on them, so it’s usually a big surprise what you end up with at the end of a grow.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 5
  14. Is this what you do with noticeable results? I've seen a couple posts from 1:1000 to 1:30 which is huge difference which is why I ask

• Like Like x 4
  15. If you follow that procedure for setting the driver you can run 1-4 cobs without changing anything. Just add or remove lights at the wago. It’s slick my friend, your going to like it.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  16. That actually sounds pretty fun! I don’t see why it wouldn’t work fine.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  17. There are a lot of opinions out there regarding the dilution rates. I've always followed the University of Hawaii's web site as it comes from Cho Han Kyu teachings. Not hear say or bro science.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. @Mauwie420Wauwie, I'm actually growing a MauwieWauwie out next cycle indoors, any tips?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1