Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. It’s interesting to watch. The shading with a white sheet for the second day, or even quick sessions the first day works extremely slick. It’s just enough light to keep the plants attention, not enough to bleach or cook her.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1

2. you guys dont have to regurgitate everything that's been previously posted but what problem are you and @NorthernAutos trying to solve? just curious. the CDLC is next up on my list. tia!

edit: northernautos that is some impressive lst man. like, shamWoW impressive!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I wish I knew! I still haven’t figured it out… could be stress, could be subpar water causing pH issues or salt build up, could be the seed? idk

Healthy CDLC
    IMG_0781.JPG
    Problem CDLC, only 3 days behind
    IMG_0866.JPG

Thanks tho man I’m excited for it to fill back in

• Like Like x 4
  4. 9CEEBC2D-0024-46FB-8833-06ABF060B805.jpeg 7CF20FEF-B99A-4EB7-8FD9-20D33F2EAA3B.jpeg
    She’s filling out nicely :)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. So I was just about to post an outdoor update when I saw Os' post about soil temp. I went and grabbed a couple and tested mine.
    72 on 2 pots.
    Ambient currently 90, but it peaked at 95 a couple hours ago. Lows have been mid 60s, but that's changing for a week today :poop:

So first up is the big forum stomper. Right about 4.5' and she's done stretching now. Looks like a solid second week of flower now. Day 45
    20210616_182602.jpg 20210616_183118.jpg
    That main cola is going to be insane if it fills in.

The forum stomper x Samsquanch also day 45 is a little over 3' I'm guessing.
    20210616_182707.jpg

Then finally banana daddy, day 40-42. Bad record keeping on my part...

20210616_182419.jpg 20210616_183058.jpg
    This is a real cool plant. Hard to tell in these pics. A little shorter, but I like it. Right about 2' tall.

Forgot to take a pic of the Pina auto again, but it's nothing to see really. I was over watering it a ton and didn't realize. The watering system I have is quirky (cheap af) and one sprinkler head was wide open giving her at least a gallon and a half a day for several days. Much younger than the rest but she appears to be spitting pistils, she's a runt. Rookie mistake. Still looking forward to what she has to offer.
    Water only at this point, no top dresses or teas. Probably get some kelp teas soon.
    I noticed the biggest plant has fan leaf stems just starting to get red, so we will need some attention there.

Also have this London pound cake photo going. Recently topped her. She's a little pale, so she's getting castings, alfalfa, and kelp meal top dress in a minute.
    20210616_182357.jpg

Ohh, yeah. Forgot I also have a Malawi x Mexican over on the other slide of the property.
    20210616_193227.jpg

She's doing rad. Getting rootbound in this 17g pot. Gave it a top dress and now I'm thinking I'll drop her in a 100 this weekend and move her to a better spot.

Happy hump day ya'll

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Been a little while. 52 days now. Chugging right along. Think I may shut things down indoors after this harvest and try and get the 3 I have vegging and and few more going for outside. Just getting to darn hot.

I like my ladies a little amber. She'll probably go 10-14 more days

Everyone's ladies have looked beautiful recently the last few pages! I have 10 or so pages to catch up on!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  7. Wicked fat buds! Ya always know ya did it right when the buds are so fat they point sideways.

Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Those look fantastic man. Holy crap, flawless as always lately. You have really dialed in your system, it's a pleasure to watch your grows, truly.

What size pot was that speedy boom in? I am very interested in this. I wish I could grow more strains at a time.

For the whole group, Holy shit ya'll. You're Killin it. I have been in this group thread, whatever for quite a while now. I don't remember a time where there were so many people just crushing it.
    I read every post, and most times I'm high and forget to comment, but you folks are turning out some beautiful grows.
    You force me to stay on my toes and constantly try to improve in an attempt to keep up.
    :thankyou:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. @Nosmatt those are autos? man! they look so different than indoor autos and in this case that's a beautiful thing. they look bomb man!

just curious if anyone has tried the "36 hour dark period" before harvest for autos as is very often done with photo growers under the assumption it boosts trichome production. you all have probably read that anecdotal observation before.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. I agree. The group here truly are the elite organic auto growers! I love seeing all the different strains rolling through here too. It’s become a nice reference resource for anyone curious how strains do in organic soil grows. How tall, how many days...and pics along the way. It’s pretty cool. I’ve really been watching the Chem crosses, and enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing with them.
    And @Possuum just killing it as always!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. I have watched folks doing it. I think the consensus was that the trichomes progressed in maturity when ya do that. Like from clear trichs to cloudy. I think where it would be useful is if you think a strain might foxtail or have another growth spurt before you get enough trichomes to turn cloudy and chop. The dark time is supposed to help get to cloudy with out new plant growth.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  12. Speaking to trich production, dark periods, wounding, ice baths and whatnot.
    I spent quite a bit of time researching this, and why it may actually work. Essentially we're trying to get the plant to produce jasmonic acid, weather or not we knew it makes no difference. Turns out it's based on some science, the only issue here is how long does it take a trichomb to develop, fill up, and finally mature the oil inside?

The answer, isn't 36 hours. However if you were to stimulate the plant to produce jasmonic acid, it would react by producing more teichombs and therefore terpenes, thc etc.. So the key is doing it when the trichombs will have time to develop and mature.
    The PGR users do this about week 5 in flower, but that will be strain dependant. For us indoor growers, we can just do a big defoliation about the same time, say week 4-5 and put the plant into protection mode if you will. I have a feeling many are doing this and have no idea why it works so well. If the plant thinks it's under insect attack, it produces the jasmonate, so if we yank the leaves, it seems the same would be true no?

Works in my head anyway

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. I spy with my little eye….

IMG_0903.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  14. Is this a… ball with a pistil…?
    IMG_0906.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  15. Man, I'm way too high for this...

It appears to be a ball with a pistil though :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. I mean it is 2021 but… ???

I plucked the 3 I could find, I really hope this plant doesn’t go full herm. All the balls were on very low nodes and the rest of the plant looks fine as far as I can tell

• Like Like x 5
  17. Totally balls.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Fingers crossed

• Like Like x 4
  19. I wonder if adding chitin / chitosan/ chitinase from crab shell meal will trigger the same response. I feel it’s pretty well established that it does produce an SAR response making the plant think it is under attack by insects. I had just never considered the potential of extra trichome production etc. I always just looked at it as a way to grow healthier plants.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1

20. I'll be the opposing voice. i think what we're seeing there are undeveloped ovules. i agree they're not typical looking ovules but what is normal about an auto cannabis plant lol? i've never seen such extreme examples of genetic manipulation and often mutant plants as autos, and this most certainly includes almost every single one i've grown. i think the collodial silver, if used, really screws up some dna or chromosomes in the plant.

curious, has anyone ever experienced a hermie on a fem'd auto?

• Like Like x 7