Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. That’s good to know, I think I’ll start introducing her to the outdoors tomorrow

• Like Like x 4
  2. I’m really surprised by what people are saying about Lowenfells. I just purchased his two “Teaming” books… What’s the story there, I thought he was super respected?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Damn, I wish it were back in the 70's here. Tomorrow's forecast is 100-101 with at least 50% humidity. Ugh.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I seen him getting dumped on yesterday and wondered what was up. Sounds like he’s getting accused of lying to the world about gardening. I like his entire collection of writings.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’m reading everything I can on soil, mycelium, microbes etc. Currently reading the wonderful “One straw revolution”

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Can’t go wrong there. The Ruth Stout books are always worth a mention too. That whole growing in heavy mulch thing isn’t just a fad, it works.

• Like Like x 4
  7. I didn’t. Just try to let them experience that gradual cool down the first time.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  8. Little final update regarding my Skywalker grow, trimmed up #3 a few days ago. The 3 plants ended up yielding 235 grams! Man it’s so tough to gauge the yield. As I said previously there was quite a bit of smaller buds, not quite what I’d consider “popcorn” but there was ALOT of it lol, so I’m happy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now onto my outdoor plans, seems like OS and I will be battling it out as we are both growing the NCHx3BOG! Lol I’m not holding my breathe though! :roflmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m going away for 5 days this weekend so I’m going to be bringing these over to my friend who I’m splitting them with and he’s gonna start bringing them outside as the weather is getting hotter this week. I’ll also be transplanting them into the final pots when I get back

As I said previously I hate this transplanting thing lol. Starting in the final pot is so much nicer

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I like his stuff too. I feel the information I have utilized has worked for me. I think it’s the concepts that are important, and the results. Sometimes what’s between the dots you connect isn’t exactly what you think, but if it works in the end, good enough for me.
    That’s why I use the phrase ‘I think....is why....happens...’
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I’m reading the Fungi book now, making the trilogy. I’m finding a lot of his info useful in trying to build the right environment for these peach trees.

• Like Like x 3
  11. #12191 Possuum, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    ok, here we go. 62d from germination. Speedy Boom is headed into the home stretch. she smells so good i dont yet know how to describe it.

7B315883-5669-494E-832D-4D4EE08AB03C.jpeg

20F7C82A-ABEA-4175-BB6C-E02306A040F0.jpeg

BA9D5CA5-6546-4159-95E3-09BF6A02005D.jpeg

Blueberry not far behind. what a bush! loaded with beautiful, fragrant flowers.

25DE7721-63DF-48C5-B2BA-5B9CFDA9FF73.jpeg

F54443FA-1117-4B79-9211-0D797F76F8C5.jpeg

3B1A1BB1-1E53-4198-8E91-2D4E79B1C4A5.jpeg

and then there’s this beast The Church. i am growing weary of picking this thing up twice a day to move it into darkness. makes me sphincter pain. when Blueberry finishes the room will be put back on timers.

the beastly gal, The Church.

B29DE9EB-B1C0-4578-8A64-47DD238D57D5.jpeg

68DCF7EA-54F7-463D-873E-EACEDE70131E.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Praise da church

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2

13. idk much about peach trees but i think i know trees require the same essential elements as a plant.if i'm correct then i suggest a big bag of espoma or other complete dry fertilizer, areate the soil as best you can, and liberally broadcast the fertilizer around the drip line of the canopy, and under the canopy. use liberally ime.

give it a shot.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. I'd love to know what you think of the Speedy Boom once she's finished and you've sampled her. How do you like growing her so far? I've thought about grabbing some Kannabia seeds in the future - they seem like they have good genetics.

Also, Possuum, your plants are AMAZEBALLS. Sweet grow my man!

• Like Like x 7
  15. Moved the problem CDLC outside and let her get a couple minutes of sun before going into the shade
    IMG_0870.JPG

Then I gave the Gorilla Cookies the special treatment with all the room I have now lol
    IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0874.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG IMG_0882.JPG

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  16. #12196 Possuum, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021

thanky grow-bro! this is my second grow of Speedy and it is quite spectacular all the way around. about ~1+ yrs back i was doing research on ruderalis and what breeders were doing what with certain strains of rudy and i discovered the Spainish breeders. at the time Kannabia was doing mostly sativa crosses which interested me and i gave em a shot hoping to grow a 3'+ sized plant. haha both Speedy Booms must have a Low Ryder gene or similar because neither one ever got over ~1' tall. 2 oz or less but of very good quality - high, high quality :smoke:

thanks for the props and Kannabia gets a big thumbs up by me.

edit: @Cthulhu23 my experience both times growing the Speedy was way ez pz. no problems, light soil mix, complete nutrient profile, plenty of light, and tepid tap water - that's it ime.

bountiful harvests and when you decide to grow a Speedy i want to watch :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Awesome!!!!
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
  18. I think your almost better off going full shade right away. It’s that first taste of sun that can kind of freak the plants out. Full shade while they get used to the new temp range and humidity. Then a sheet for shade. Then dabbled sunlight. Then short shots of full sun. That’s in a perfect world, and playing everything totally safe. Sometimes we all have to push it a little.
    I do however think that autos are lot more forgiving and take change a lot better than some of the finicky ornamentals I have played with this year. I was the master of bleached leaves and exposing fresh new growth to colder than acceptable temps with ornamentals. The age of a plant also makes a difference when hardening off plants in general. Older plants are more forgiving. For autos it seems like after a month, they get pretty adaptable pretty quick, and are way hardier than younger plants.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. We have been talking a lot about hardening plants off and growing outside quite a bit. One of the things that I plan to really look at and learn from is how my soil and leaf temps “track” relative to actual temps. Inside, I usually have a leaf temp a couple degrees lower than air temp. I suspect when it’s sunny and 60’F, my leaf temps are actually considerably warmer than air temps. I’m also curious how black pots do with regards to soil temps. I was seeing soil temps up in the 80’s with some sunflowers in large pots (they are happy as hell btw).
    I will share what I learn with everyone. I would also be curious what folks in other climates and regions see. It would be nice to figure out where the sweet spots are.
    Cheers
    Os

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. I think this plant has been the definition of pushing lol maybe that’s why she’s struggling now

It got a quick photo shoot in the sun now it’ll be spending the rest of the day in full shade. Really curious how it’s gonna go

• Like Like x 3