Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Awesome man thanks , I'm pretty new to this "true organic living soil" stuff and your on a whole other level it's cool to see.

Keep the videos coming man, I might be heading down the KNF wormhole soon enough :passtheshit:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. happy highs everyone :wave:

i had a thought the past couple of days as i wait to harvest a couple of plants. these are musings but i'm curious others thoughts and their experience. let me just say i agree breeder estimates of "days to harvest from seed are X" are nothing more than general WAG if not simply marketing lingo - "days to harvest X".

growing autos for a couple of years i've found "days to harvest X" is only close to accurate after the auto shows pistils versus starting "days" at germination. most all photo hybrids average 7-9 weeks to maturity after pistils show. this trait seems to remain dominant with the cross to autos.

if i do this math with a couple of auto plants i have now i estimate them to reach peak maturity that is more consistent with a normal photo time line once the light cycle changes to 12/12, and the pistils show.

thoughts? i've found the auto breeders "days to harvest X" has not been accurate ime. someone here grew a 11-12 week auto sativa dom plant. that's pretty normal for a photo sativa dom plant.

cheers!

• Like Like x 7
  3. First summer plant has come down. Its a Chemdogging x CDLC (crème de le chem) freebie from Mephisto Genetics. Guess its an effort to backbreed more original chemdogging back into CDLC. It looks way nicer than cdlc to me, so great move. Very nice plant, she was 30" tall and finished in 80 days. This was 4th run on this 10 gal no till pot, and still no issues. She smells incredible. This is my 4th MG chem strain I have run, and she is tied with white chem for best smell. Here she is just how she grew. I didn't do much defoliation on her throughout the grow, just the bare minimum.
    Here is a cola shot, look close at the fan leaves. She is one frosty plant! For amateurs out there, that's not PM.
    I trimmed her a little so I could show whats there.
    Top cola
    Side cola
    I couldn't decide which one of these three shots is my money shot, let the reader decide!
    I predict having to take down a plant just about every day for a while, so I'm keeping this one short.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. very interesting. For indoors in my 10 gal pots, I know that no matter what the breeder says, it takes me 75 days plus/minus 5 days- unless its a monster or dink.
    5 am going to start paying attention to pistals more.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Those are definitely some happy girls looking so nice

Sent with it's not a lie!?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I noticed the breeders tend to grow smaller plants in the 3g to 5g pot size range, I think that helps with the shorter times they describe.

My hubbabubbasmeloscope will be chopped at 12 weeks from sprout and it's a sativa dom plant, it's a monster at ~56inch if I recall correctly

I have no experience growing photos but all my harvest this time came down at 11 and 12 weeks and pistols didn't show till around week 4 or 5

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Agree on the small pot theory, and probably why breeder times are so optomistic. I also think some of them just lie :p

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. That's really deep for this early in the morning bro.. Haha.
    I had to read it three times.
    I have never grown a photo indoor, and I'll be honest, outside I don't pay any attention to days, weeks, or anything else. Some of my outdoor stuff is flowering, and others 10 feet away are not. I have no clue why that is, especially since it's the heavy sativa strains (medijuana and Mexican brick) that are flowering. In fact, I have a medijuana male that has dropped all it's pollen, and looks to be dying now, which is a bummer. I wanted to use his pollen.

• Like Like x 5
  9. I pick the middle one, it shows the frost on the sugar leaves best.
    What a beautiful plant. And run number 4 on that soil?
    And how do you ammend? Just a couple top dresses during various stages of growth?

Last that's a damn home run. I can't wait untill the stars align and I catch Mephisto when they are open, I'm not flat broke, and their website works!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thanks man! That middle pic is pretty sweet. They all show off the frost well.
    For this 4th run I did a re-amend just prior to planting of just a couple tablespoons of things and a teaspoon of langbenite. Usually I have been just giving them a single tablespoon each of alfalfa and soy. I only top-dressed vmc one time during the grow, and that's it. Usually I do 2 or 3 vmc top dresses, but I was slacking hard on this grow, just been way to busy.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
  11. I agree on the smaller pots are faster runs. I also think the harvest times are often with mostly clear trichs. The way I tain, I know adds some time, cause pistals don't show until I let the branches 'turn up'.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. 2 weeks of drying and my nugs were popping off the stems so time for the jar.
    I think it's safe to take a weight now as well.

For the SNS I got 90g on the dot, sampled alittle and it hits hard definitely a night time smoke.
    For the 1st avt vs 3bog I got 98g, small sample today and its hitting hard in the vape which is a good sign definitely a "lighter" high than sns a good daytime smoke. Trying to wait for the cure before really trying tho.

Also sent them both out to get tested so I'll update on that soon :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. One of my sns has so many trichs its almost looks like glue! I can do sns as day smoke, but I stop at 2 hits and let it do its thing. Its definitely one of the hardest hitting strains MG has, at least IMO.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 5
  14. Ya mine was definitely a fly catcher. Maybe alittle moderation will help, but I went for go big or go home this time :smoking:

• Like Like x 5
  15. I always push em a bit during the sampling phase as well. Its hard not to.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  16. Actually they say you can get better gas mialage with a standard transmission?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Twin clutch, air shifted, direct shift gearbox for the win!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. I would agree with this. The best gas milage i got was in standard vehicles.

Sent with it's not a lie!?

• Like Like x 2
  19. As long as you ain't Mario Andretti

Manuals have Less power train loss and are lighter than an auto. It all comes down to power to weight.

Manuals have like 12-15% loss of power and autos are around 20%.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  20. Thought I'd drop a post here. These are a few Sweet seeds Red Poison auto flowers at 22 days in Organic no till soil,5 gallon fabric pots. I let one of my Red poisons go to seed a few years back. Just wanted to see if they were still viable. 20200712_124833.jpg

• Like Like x 8