Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. I have made some changes to my lighting setup just for her.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  2. 623AF313-E324-4C6B-8920-13FEE2AD2564.jpeg D2C14311-1C5C-4FD2-809B-A9BA7376E258.jpeg 176F1538-35F5-4392-9D69-C4BDE1972D24.jpeg Here are a few shots of my setup

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Did you get a blood line plant with red sap? I would love to grab some of those DBHP seeds. I am just finishing up Goji OG and Cherry Queen F2 seeds. I know @ElRanchoDeluxe was growing a Bodhi "blood line" I wonder if he pulled a plant that bleeds! I love Bodhi.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Absolutely! Out of 10 I was given, I lost 1 and 2 didn't come up leaving me with 7....1 girl which is a bleeder and 6 boys - 3 red sap and 3 green sap....
    1dbhp.jpg

Naturally, I kept the girl and 2 of the red sap boys then did a poll leaving it up to the forum to pick out the 3rd and last boy that I can maintain...turned out to be the 3rd bleeder and the runt of the group.

The girl
    November 30th (4).jpg

Her soon to be mate....boy #1 for seeds done in February
    November 8th (23).jpg

4 of the girls clones next door
    November 28th (1).jpg
    Their soon to be mate....boy #2 for seeds in March
    November 8th (21).jpg
    Aaaannnnddd Boy #3 for seeds in May
    November 8th (34).jpg

These are older pictures of the boys as they have been crammed together in my top 2x3x4 cabinet with their clones
    November 29th (5).jpg

I also plan on selfing the girl for seeds in April and putting clones of all 3 boys with clones of the girls for seeds in June sooooo there will be plenty of these to distribute to Overgrow Forum members for quite some time for this specific filial generation which to my knowledge, is the only forum where this is allowed (and encouraged) without being a sponsored business.....we also have Sunshine Daydream, Skunk #1, Elephant Tranquilizer, Blood Orange and a couple others not coming to mind at the moment....all Bohdi seeds that are no longer available to the public in their current form

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. MOTR is than an Inukan (mythical little people of Alaska) guarding your plants.
    Nice work in your gardens.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Could be lol Have a couple party gnome gnomes in one of the beds....going to get some fairies for the other bed and imagine from time to time they'll intermingle like @GreatGrammy does with her dolls......supposed to bring good luck :p

Thank you

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ^^^
    I often thank the "little people" for moving my garden tools around outside, and putting them where I can't find them. :)
    A lot of my friends blame the "Little People" for hiding their beers or weed. :)

cheers
    os

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. My 'Fantasmo Express' by "Mephisto Genetics" popped up! 72 hours, direct bean planting. This is 'Ghost Train Haze' made automatic. I'm very anxious to run this. Now I have to decide which strain to start next. I'm thinking about the 'Northern Cheese Haze'. That one is 'Exodus Cheese x Northern Lights#5/Haze x Fantasmo Express'.
    decisions
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  9. Man, I'd love to try the Goji OG! I got at least a couple DBHP that would bleed red. Think I only took one subpar pic of this. I'll try to post it later. Excellent yield in terms of weight/rosin production.

I've been running new gear from seed every cycle but I picked up another pack of DBHP. Ill be making F2s with it for sure. Hoping to find a male and female that both carry the blood trait.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  10. I just signed up for an Overgrow account (I have a different name but same Capt Gonzo Face!) What is the thread that has all of this on it? I should have 50-100 new Goji seeds soon. I would love to trade up with some of these. I will also have some Goji x Cherry Queen from Bodhi soon. I made the Goji specifically because it is not offered anymore. I love nerding out on Bodhi. I spend too much time looking at photos on instagram.

Got a few weeks left but she threw some totem poles! Smells like heavy fruity OG.
    IMG_6962.JPG

I am running Black Triangle (Triangle Kush x 88G12 HP) this spring after I flower out what I have going now. The pictures I have seen of that strain are amazing.
    I am currently flower the Goji and 2 Cherry Queens. Next on deck to flower is Field Trip and Lemon Lotus.
    Sorry for stealing the thread with non auto plants OS!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Variety is the spice of life! The photo plants provide the inspiration for the fantastic auto strains that are being bred now. Come a long way since "low ryder".
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  12. I thought I heard my name mentioned! LOL :p Hello my dear, dear friend @MomOnTheRun ;);wub::hola:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Have you tried crossing regular strains w autos? Years ago I did some pollen chucking w Lowryder and a few strains from Mandala. Pretty interesting results. From all your pics and hard work it sure seems like autos have come a long way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I haven't tried pollen chucking, I leave that to the guys that are set up for that and have the free time, I can only have 6 plants in flower at any one time, and I want to stay legal. From what I have read, it takes about 4 generations to really get consistent results with locking in the auto traits. The way I am, I would get to about F2, and want to try something else 'new and exciting'. I really love all the mixes that Mephisto has been coming up with. Especially their auto to auto mixes. Its seems like a whole new sport now that their are so many strains testing up in the 20's, with killer terps to boot. Then breed two of those together for wow results. I can still make the claim that not one person has ever been able to tell that my plants or buds are autos, as opposed to photos. Even my good friend that runs a licensed commercial grow with 40 some strains is blown away. It ribs him even more knowing that the taste and smell is over the top thanks to the organics. To tease him even worse, I tell him how cheap it is with organics and led's. I can grow a better lb, for so much cheaper than he can, even if I add in the $10 cost of a seed.
    Always great to hear from you Rancho, when I get some more time, I have some new and interesting worm happening I have to start writing about.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
  15. I'll pm it to you so I don't get into trouble here

Nice!

Hi GG! :hola:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. A popular topic is "What to do between cycles with No-tills". This is the perfect time to show what I do. The subject for today is my 2 day old 'Fantasm Express'.
    When I harvest a plant I try to chop her close to the surface. I take the whole plant all at once. Next I brush back the top dress around my old stem. I try to brush back until I get down to the seed starter. I make about a 4-6 inch circle. I offset the circle about an inch or 2, and the center of this circle is where I plant a seed. It looks like this.
    I fill in the excavated part with pre-hydrated seed starter and plant my seed an inch or 2 away from the stem. After 3 days, it looks like this. Its real obvious where the seed starter is and where the old mulch/top dress is.
    So here comes the new part. Next I sprinkle down 2 Tablespoons of pulverized 'Layer Crumbles' (this is a chicken feed, some of us feed our worms). I spread it out in a big circle and try to stay away from the seedling. This is then well misted.
    Next I added 12 handpicked European Nightcrawlers, and 12 of my native wild red worms. There are already a ton of red wigglers in the pot already. Then comes the all important mulch layer. I went a lot thicker than usual, just because I had lots of all my favorite materials. I used leaves from comfrey, clover, 2 kinds of Tulsi basil, and citronella. I call this my 'mulch ipm'. This is then well misted.
    That's the what. Here is a little on the whys. One of the hitches I have running such small containers no till fashion is this. Autos have a tendency to flip to flower early when their roots think they have filled up a container. My style of grow, the last thing I want is plants flipping early, resulting in too small of plants. I want to add the extra worms to help decompose the roots as fast as possible. This usually doesn't cause me a problem in the second cycle, but does in the 3rd and so on. The 'Layer Crumbles' happen to be made from alfalfa, soy, corn, and calcium carbonate, (and a few other things). That is actually a perfect blend for a top dress. Soy and alfalfa are 2 of my favorite top dresses or soil amendments. I am always looking for a way to get more of those 2 into my soil, without hassle, and without it getting hot. I am going to try this. I have top dressed soy and alfalfa in the past with great results, so I don't see why this shouldn't work well. The VMC that I use, now has quite a descent amount of the crumbles in it as well, since I now use this as a regular food for all my worms. I have had terrific luck with the new crumble added vmc, I can really tell a difference during flowering (wait till you see my fugue state again). I think its the PGRs in the alfalfa plus the amino acids of the soy, combined with the fact they both have great K with few strings attached. I think K is extremely important, that's why I like alfalfa, kelp, and soy. They all have a K of 2, without much else. Its hard to find that in organics.
    Gotta run
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. ^ interesting. I think I might try this method when it’s time to chop since I already have the worms and stuff.

Since it is winter, and I don’t have acces to any fresh mulch from my garden, what would you recommend for mulch? Hay or straw? Leaves and stems from the grow?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Loved my bodhi mothers milk wish i could get somemore Screenshot_20170217-193436.jpg Screenshot_20170217-193555.jpg IMG_20181120_073322_592.jpg IMG_20170428_181744_431.jpg Screenshot_20170104-192226.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Leaves and stems work just fine, that fits right in with famous "Law of Returns". I would chop stems up very small, just for ease of use. Straw works good too. I have also used rice hulls and bark nuggets with good success. Except for the comfrey, I have a stash of the plants I use growing in the house already. I just use what is handy. The Tulsis and the citronella I use to thwart off pests, and they contain some essential oils.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1