Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. So I have my 'Mephisto Genetics' plants up and growing. At about a week old I have a "Fugue State" and a "Strawberry Nuggets". At a day old I have a "Forum Stomper" and a "4 Assed Monkey". Gotta love some of these names. I am running some of Mephisto's stuff cause I am looking for something different. I am also curious about their claims of really strong strains. I will be running some more Mephisto strains next round as well.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 4
  2. post pics

3. Here are the 2 older girls from 'Mephisto Genetics'. The rowth difference between these, and the 2 I started a month ago is unreal. Still can't believe I was running my room 10 degrees too cold before, it makes a huge difference. (Around 65 lose, 75 win!).

So this first one is called "Strawberry Nuggets", from 'Mephisto Genetics'. Its part of the 'Artisanal Automatic' Line.
    She is based off a strawberry sour kush and a sour boggle purple indica.

This next one is part of the 'Artisanal Automatic" Line also, she is called Fugue State. Supposed to very Sativa.
    She is based off an Amnesia Haze and Walter White.

Cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  4. I always like to try and talk folks into trying the LST/leaf tucking that I do. Its how I get the real big yields on a lot of plants. Its always so hard to get good pics of what is actually going on. Conditions were favorable today for some good shots of I work a lower branch. The branch I am showing is the second node. I wanted to show the first node, which is very similar, but things are just 'too busy' over on the side to get good picks.
    This a plants from 'Cream of the Crop Seeds' called "Cash Crop" auto. Its a Northern Lights x Big Bud strain.
    She is 46 days and just started full blown flowering.
    This is a straight side shot of a lower branch on node 2.
    Eventually I will Velcro the far left tip up to the tomato cage for support. This works super good with an angled COB shining down strong into the lower canopy.
    This is a shot from the top, same branch.
    If you get the lower canopy opened up and lit early, you will be well rewarded with lots of extra yield and little to no popcorn down there. You have to start early so don't procrastinate.
    Here is what the whole plant looks like at the moment.
    Cheers
    os

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Just for the folks tat are interested what soil mix I am running this winter for no-till, here it is.
    1 gal compost (made from horsetail, dandelions, alfalfa, leaves, grasses, clover, and chix manure)
    1 gal leaf mold
    2 gal perlite
    2 gal Sinse's mix VMC (its amended of course and made from leaf mold, bark, and ricehulls)
    2 gal recycled soil (amended and allowed to cook and then fester with worms for months)
    3/4 gal Bio char (not charged, Cowboy Lump Charcoal, crushed via F-350)
    1 cup Glacier Rock Dust
    1 cup Greensand
    1/4 cup each of the following: kelp, neem, crab, and fishbone meals
    1/4 cup each lime and oyster shell flour
    2 Tablespoons mbp

I am running these in my familiar 10g smarties in 10 g plastics with lava rock as a sip bed.
    I have been playing around with the ratios on things for a while now, and this is my fav to date. Its really close to what I ran in the Green House this summer.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Hey os
    Had to start over. Lost everything.. gonna germinate them again and looking to start training really early again, starting early with the leaf tucking and the real let at day 10-12. No slacking off
    Won't rush this time as there are less than 60 days to new years Eve so no weed for me this year.. now I will start over with IMO and planting them in same soil

7. If those strains are as high quality as the Fantasmo Express I grew from MG, you're in for a treat! It has incredible strength of smell and taste, not in terms of being overwhelming though or being too obvious. It's also probably the strongest strain I've tried as far as the high goes too! Hope you'll share with the thread how those turn out too!

As a quick question; I've recently stashed my notill pots in the garage for winter, with a mulch of nettle, comfrey, dandelion + a TBSP of the powdered amendments I added in the first place. Then there's a layer of straw over the top, and cardboard over that. It's cold as fuck in that garage and there's nowhere warmer I can put them. There's no frost obvs but it'll be well below 10C in there. I had a little poke around the other day to see if the worms were around but could't see any - bit concerned that the cold has killed them all, is that likely?

• Like Like x 1
  8. #528 Growpa, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    One time, late in flower I had to chop two of my fattest colas because of bud rot (caught it early).

It shocked the shit out of the plant and stunted further growth extremely.

If you have no other choice then go for it but the end product might not be as you expected.

LST in veg is a must for micro grows

Growpa*

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I don't think 10C is cold enough to kill them to be honest, they will just slow down a little and probably lay cocoons like mad.. They most likely are huddled together in the middle. Once they are used to the temp, they will hunt around for food. You get an A+ for storage, that is everything a person should do.

I'm quite excited about the Mephisto Genetics strains. Fantasmo express was the one I really wanted, but I settled for what I could get at the time. All the strains I am running are from the Artisanal lineup, which is combinations of the original lineups bred together. Its so hard to find a source with all the strains I want. I really want to run the 'Fantasmo Express' and the 'Hubbabubba Smelloscope', just waiting for them to become available again. That the only drawback to MG, is they do smaller batches, but I can certainly wait for the good stuff to become available. At least you know, you aren't buying stuff that's been sitting around forever. Next order, I am going to buy directly from MG.
    Cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  10. What strains are you running this time around? Keep us posted.
    cheers
    os

11. Sweet, thanks. I'm just picturing the little guys all huddling up for warmth, much like I'm doing now! Will be fun to see what's going on in there come spring.

I'll definitely be trying more MG strains next year! Will be curious how your strains turn out.

12. Check on things from time to time and add water when needed. Worms like it damp, and so do microbes.
    cheers
    os

13. I’m a new grower on my 2nd grow and this thread is a gold mine. I had to create an account to join the discussion lol. I’m growing autos outdoors as well. First grow was a Dinafem Bubba Kush that was ran in kindsoil...sooo many issues and yielded 12 grams smh. Now on to my second grow which is a Mephisto Double Grape..super healthy and green (even though I snapped a branch trying out your lst lol), but it is pretty small. I’m in Southern California and it’s been pretty dry humidity wise, I’m guessing that’s why the plant is so small. Also could be overwatering? Forgot to mention I’m no tillin as well I’m 7gals. Also supplementing with some cob light from 5pm-3am since my back yard is completely shaded by 5pm. Just hit a bowl of white widow so I’m kinda rambling lol...appreciate the knowledge!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Double Grape, you lucky dog! Post some pics, maybe we can help ya figure it out.
    I think the common ones for small size are cool temps, dry humidity (as you mentioned), hot soil (nute wise), and over/under watering.
    cheers
    os

15. How cold does it get at night? Is there any chance you can place a thermometer in the pot and check the soil temps periodically throughout a 24 hour period?
    I like to troubleshoot plants like cars, look at all the simple/ free stuff first and go from there.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  16. #536 Hurricanetrees, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    It will be in the 50’s every night this week, been in the high 50’s-60s the entire grow. Gonna grab a thermometer to stick in the pot.
    Here she is this morning, day 31 from seed.

11E65FEC-CD45-4AE1-8D62-81D228D547C2.jpeg
    25FE9A27-8070-4020-86A2-2DF39731CF37.jpeg

17. I am using Buildasoils Modern mix 2.0 for my soil. During its second week of life, we had overcast skies the entire week...I’m sure that may have stunted it. I’m germing a Purple Nuggets seed, and I’m going to start that one indoors to try and get a good start.

18. Nice plant @Hurricanetrees. Some strains are less cold tolerant than others. I have been finding that out for myself lately. That plant isn't really that small, Especially having short days and cool nights. I don't think you stunted it. It looks like its just about to really take off. Every strain acts a little different.
    This trick may help, put something like a Tomato cage over the plant, then cover with a clear trash bag or whatever you have at night. Might help a bit for the cold nights. I just try to remember, it doesn't have to be so cold that it damages the plant to slow it down some.
    For the next one you start, try inside at night, outside during the day if you can. I bet you will be pleased.
    cheers
    os

19. That’s exactly what I was gonna do, and doing now. What you got on the list to grow next?

20. Great minds think a like. I don't think I mentioned I have 2 other Mephisto Genetics that are about 2 weeks old. They are 'Forum Stomper' and '4 Assed Monkey'. Just placed an order for a few more MG, strains. 'Fantasmo Express' will be the very next strain I plant. I also ordered 'S.O.D.K.' , 'Sour Livers', '3 Bears O.G.', 'Northern Cheese Haze', 'Sour Stomper', and 'Sour Crack'. I have a couple other 'White' somethings as well. Decisions, decisions.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2