Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Beautiful plant as ever OS. Interesting about the pot size having an influence on vegging time, think I might switch over to 10s!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks Bro!
    cheers
    os

3. Thanks man! Haven't had a chance to read that over yet but I certainly will. I'm just pondering over some low cost ways of getting the job done. I'm considering running normal strains outdoors knowing full well that they would be unlikely to finish but that doesn't matter much if they are only for rosin production. I don't know of anyone in my area that has even attempted this.
    RD

4. Hi guys!
    I currently have a 13-week-old blue dream auto from fastbuds. It is supposed to finish in 9-11 weeks, and 2 other plants I have grown from them finished in under 9 weeks, as they were supposed to.
    The thing is, this girl has barely started flowering. She has a few hairs sticking out of some nodes, but that's it. And she is still growing. I had to tie her down a couple weeks ago, and now she is growing fully into my lights, like getting crispy. I have a small tent and I can't get the light any higher. I am planning to cut about 4-6 inches off all her colas. I really don't see what else I can do.
    I was wondering if anyone has ever done anything similar under drastic circumstances, or if there was anything I should particularly watch out for. Keeping her as is will definitely not work. I can probably post a picture tomorrow if that helps.
    thanks,
    toaster

5. We must see this! Show some bud pics close up and the whole plant. I think I have seen this.
    Out of all the autos I have grown, I have had this thing happen 2x, both in the greenhouse. They kind of stayed in preflower forever, they never really formed buds that amounted to anything. I had one do this just this summer right beside other plants that were normal,( same conditions and mix etc ).
    The first time it happened I let it go forever just to be sure. The plant kind of looked like hemp with hairs after 3 months, plant was big and healthy as hell (6 footer).
    cheers
    haven't seen ya in a bit
    os

6. I took a video this morning, but I cant get it to upload, so I'll try again tomorrow. This girl was one of 3 plants growing together in a half-full 10 gallon. The other 2 harvested on time, and grew to an appropriate size. I'll be sure to take some pictures before I chop her down.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have a new indoor crop going. I have 2 strains from "Cream of the Crop" seeds. They are 'K.O. Crop' (Knock Out crop) and Cash Crop. They are about a month old. I will have some more plants in play as soon as my other seeds arrive.
    It always seems like there is some re-learning/ remembering when I start doing things inside after so long in the Greenhouse. Not to mention I always change around some stuff, because I learn something new every grow.

I am doing my normal type of thing in 10 gallon pots with heat mats (soil temp around 70). Since I am only growing 2 plants, and they are still in seedling/ veg stage, I am just running a single 'Blurple' fixture. It seemed quite easy to keep the temps between 65-70 F. This made the RH 45-50%, which is in 'the zone' on the VPD charts. No need for humidifier which is great.
    First 3 weeks seemed fine, but maybe a little slow growth. Then they really slowed down to a crawl. One strain more so than the other. Then I realized that the temp is really about 10 degrees cooler than where I like to be ( I like 75 not 65 , dammit). One day or so, after changing the temp, the growth resumed. Oh boy did I feel like a noob, but relieved.
    The reason I am mentioning this, is I have heard/ seen this happen to many folks growing autos recently. None of us could really put our finger on exactly what happened. I bet it was low temps! I definitely also experienced this slow growth in the GH with this summers grow. It was unseasonably cold this year, and not sunny at all.
    This brings up outdoor growing.
    While I know that the outdoor folks can't do anything about cool temps, planning on starting late enough in the season when its warm enough might save some folks some headaches, and some overall time. A clever person growing in containers can come up with a strategy that should work in these situations. These are 63-70 day strains, so I will be curious to see what I get, and how long overall things take.

I will be planting some 'Mephisto Genetics' in a few days!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  8. My K.O. and Cash crop ladies are a month old now. This is about the time I add my first top dress of VMC. Before we get to that, I want to tell you guys how I do my initial mulch layer.
    For the first 3-4 weeks, I build a nice mulch layer. I use 2 types of tulsi basil and citronella leaves. I grow the donor plants year around, so they are always available. If I have it, I add comfrey. I have plenty right now! I also had clover available, so that was incorporated as well.
    When I build the mulch, I just add a little bit every few days or once a week. I change plant type at each interval. This helps the mulch to weave itself into a nice thick mat.
    Here is a photo (Cash crop 30 days) of a good mat of mulch. Sorry the pics are dark, not much normal light in the room at the moment (lots of blurple).
    I feel that the tulsi and citronella help with ipm of sorts, and also contribute something to the terpene profile in the long run. Plus, Sinse likes the way they smell. I have been using this blend for quite a few years now.
    Fast forward, after accumulating a month of mulch, its now time for a first top dress of my VMC. I opted to mix a Tablespoon of alfalfa into this batch. Its the usual 'Sinse's mix', VMC. I wanted the alfalfa for a little extra N, and the PGR's in it. I used about 3/4 gallon per plant. Next I like to slowly water with the chapin mister.
    Still dark, but here is how she looks after spreading some VMC and watering it in.
    Now I slowly start to mulch all over again. I feel for no tills, that this ends up being real important down the road.
    I always say its all about the minor details, so I hope ya all like these.
    Next post, I planted 4 Mephisto Genetics strains yesterday!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  9. #509 suuihk, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Hey OS. Perfect time to find your thread as i just started a automatic grow;
    Green Poison x Cheese Auto
    2300w full spect led
    Seven 5gal smart pots
    Notill soil
    I planted them all on day 1 of october and they emerged on day 4, here they are on day 14/10 with 11 days old;
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-14 at 4.33.31 PM.jpeg
    You can see that they aren't really growing on the same size as some are small and others are big, today i tried starting LST'ing the biggest one as you can see with my pic. Is this all right? I know you said to start on day 15 but i got anxious and wanted to see how she would respond as she is the biggest of them all
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-14 at 4.30.28 PM.jpeg

My questions are;
    1- How do i know for how long they will flower? The breeder told me they veg 30 days and flower 60-100 days(dont know if veg time is included on this) but i dont know if that range is possible. I kinda have a deadline of finishin in december.... Maybe the corn SST will help? I also have soy and beans seeds at my disposal. Do you also think i can give them an alfafa SST in veg? Like at week 3?

2- Is this LST i've done today allright? Do you think i should wait on how many days/growth on the others to start training them?

3- I have crimson clover seeds, how long should i wait to sparkle them through this mulch layer?

4- Why are some really small and others really big? Is it different phenotypes?

5- What are your thoughts on feeding autos with KNF ferments/ Lactic acid bacteria/IMO probiotics and using humic/fulvic acids? Also heard of using Calcium and bokashi on day 1 of flower and molasses flush two weeks before finishing with 48 hours of darkness pre harvest?

6- They also got a little wind burnt and some pairs got twisted leaves but i don't think is anything major, can the leaves recover from this/ will it effect production?

Sorry if i'm asking too much or taking your time but i've never seen anyone do this kind of LST on autos and your results are really amazing. Thanks in advance
    WhatsApp Image 2018-10-14 at 4.33.31 PM.jpeg

Attached Files:

10. Answers to questions:
    1. You will just have to wait and see. Yes use corn sst and or alfalfa tea. I would wait till the end of week 3 to do either and start light. For alfalfa tea 1 Tablespoon to a gal water. For corn sst use 1/4 cup or so per gallon of water. I would do one, wait 4 or so days and then do the other. If you do each tea/sst twice total, you should be good.
    2. Your LST should be fine. I just don't usually start to early cause its kind of pain when they are small, just be gentle and subtle when they are this young. Think 'leaf tucking' more than bending. Check them every day. Little plants may grow so fast that the branches get bent too much, that's usually why I wait.
    3. I wouldn't bother with the clover, you have a nice mulch layer.
    4. That's just how it goes when growing from seeds. You will probably find that towards the end, they will all even out. Some plants like to really grow a lot above ground, some grow more roots in the beginning.
    5. Save yourself a headache and some money and forget this step entirely on your first grow. If you find you are deficient in something, then we can grow from there. Top dress with some castings at about 30 days and you should be fine.
    6. I think you will be fine, just correct the cause of the wind burn.
    To make things quicker, try to keep your temps 75-80F and keep your humidity in the zone per VPD charts.
    Don't overwater, this is where most folks have problems. Small plants in big pots need a few 'cups' of water per week, not gallons.
    hth
    welcome aboard
    cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks alot for answering me and so quickly, feel really honored for having a response from you!
    Regarding question 5, i already have everything at home and i do have some experiencie with plants(i study agronomic engineering) but i've never planted weed before(despite having studied GSC and other forums for months) and wanted it to be the dankiest as possible.

Gonna keep you and this thread updated on my progress and also gonna try your LST full method later on(with tomatos cage and velcro)

12. 5. I would just get one good grow under my belt, and get a feel for what’s normal. Once ya got that, you will be able to tell which of the knf etc extras are doing what for ya.

You have nice large pots of no till soil. You already did it right. Don’t try everything in one grow.

If the tomato cages fit your space, they work awesome. Combined with Velcro it’s brilliant.
    I just added cages to a couple plants on Friday. I could take a pic if ya want to see how it can look in the beginning.
    Cheers
    Os

13. Yes, add them please!
    But the velcro and tomato cages are just later on right?

14. With further regards to inputs, here is exactly what I have done most recently/currently.
    I have 2 plants that are 33 days old. Day 1-21 water and aloe water as foliar. Day 22 kelp tea, 1 Tablespoon kelp to a gallon of water. Day 27 alfalfa tea, 1 Tablespoon alfalfa to a gallon of water. Day 31, top dress vmc. Day 32 kelp+ alfalfa tea, 1 Tablespoon each to a gallon of water. The teas also have a touch of aloe. Today I started soaking seeds for Blue corn sst, about 1/4 cup, I plan to use these maybe 4 days or so, from today. Today I also started another kelp/alfalfa tea for use tomorrow or next day, same recipe as before. I will probably hit the plants with a mbp sst down the road.
    This is the first round in new soil, I wouldn't try this hard next round.
    hth
    os
    cheers

• Like Like x 2
  15. nice!! post more photos when you can!

16. First, sorry about blurple photos. I don’t have any cobs set up atm to make normal pics.
    This pic shows how that very bottom branch can be grown way out. Then it will grow up with lots of bud sites and usually no popcorn because everything will get good light. I often get a Z a side on the bottom branches of some strains. You can also see a fan being trained down via the bottom hoop on the cage.
    559125A6-6ACC-4D8E-9714-9D99B18CB329.jpeg
    This next pic is the full plant. It’s ‘Cash crop’ btw.
    6FF771AD-F027-4F89-9CA1-788C0CE2B6E3.jpeg
    This next one is K.O. Crop. She’s a smaller plant, and slower.
    4B80896C-3CD6-470A-A07C-89F9DA166D44.jpeg
    You can see the the lower hoop of the cage doing a fine job pulling down the nearest fan leaf.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. From what day you recommend adding them?Like after 3rd-4rd pair of leaves?

18. Whatever works for you really. Its better to have a cage in place a little early, than wait to long. I usually wait until after I have done a vmc top dress at about the one month mark. That's just cause its less stuff to work around.
    The other deciding factor may be having enough clearance between your light and the top of the cage.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  19. Heey OS. I searched around and my city doesnt have tomato cages for sale. I'm gonna make my own with wires, can you tell me the diameter of the circle in yours? Thanks

20. Tomato cages are a pretty seasonal thing to find for sale.
    The top circle is 12", mid circle about 9" and bottom circle about 6". Total overall length is 36".
    If I know I am gonna grow some beasts, I use cages that are 48" long. For me that's only in the greenhouse now a days.
    If the construction is easier, I have seen square, triangle, and pyramid shapes.
    If I was going to build some from scratch, I would make them wider at the bottom. I bought a few that were made that way this spring, and they rock! If they weren't so tall, I would use them inside.
    hth
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2