Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Thanks OS, I'll snip a bit off my aloe. Can't wait to see the other 3 then in that case!

2. Anyone ever grow any Afterthought Autoflower seeds. I like to keep a few Auto seeds around and I just popped my last seed in May. I am putting in a Great Lakes Genetics order (Bodhi Cosmic Serpent with Dragon Blood lines looks crazy) and Afterthought is the only autoflower they carry. I wanted to get some opinions on their strains.

3. Hey OS

I've trimmed off some of the bad yellowing/browning leaves. I'm guessing that I was under watering. I've increased the watering but it's still happening. Should I water with a weak fish fert to see if it responds? I'm hoping we get a good rain tonight. It's been hot and dry here. 85 to 90ish pretty hot in the Northland.

4. Be gentle and try like 1 teaspoon of fish fert to a gallon of water, and see what happens. That is hot for the Northland, too hot for me.
    good luck
    cheers
    os

5. It seemed to help for a bit but I think the plants are just overwhelmed by the crazy weather. From frost to 100f and drought in 2 months they're like WTF!
    I'm watering them a quart or 2 every other day now. Leaves are still yellowing but just hoping to cross the finish line in a few weeks. The plants smell awesome and the amnesia has great looking bud development. The big indica has another month at least. It has lots of nodes but everything is still in the white hair stage. I think it'll be a little behind on the timeline. It's supposed to be 10-12 weeks but I'm thinking add at least 2 more on that right now. I need to source a loupe of some sort to monitor trichomes ......

Jian

6. #466 WindDancer, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Bud rot on the amnesia RIP

See it on the MD also shit I guess 2 are down. Haven't clipped the MD yet just moved it over by the compost bin ....

7. Bummer WindDancer!
    cheers
    os

8. Bodhis gear rocks man. I'm pheno hunting for a Dragonsblood Hashplant that bleeds red right now. I've run over a dozen Bodhi strains so far. Check out my IG @lastbestcannabis for pics.
    RD

• Like Like x 4
  9. Yeah you cannot really beat anything Bodhi comes out with. I have been running mostly his gear this year. Dragon Fruit and SSDD are what I have finishing. Next I am running a bunch of Cherry Queen, I need some cherry concentrates. I have run other seeds but Bodhi seem to be consecutively frosty with every seed and strain I pop. Why grow anything else when he drops new stuff every few months? Every time he drops new seeds on GLG I tell myself I don't need anything. Then eventually I look at what is new and it never fails...I say....ooohhhhhhh I need some Cherry Queen. Or...OOOOHHHHHH...a plant that bleeds red!! I mean everyone has OG but a plant that bleeds red, that's awesome. GOOD LUCK ON THE HUNT!!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Nice thread. I clearly need to come back and read the whole thing when I get time. I use my tent for veggies and herbs in the Winter, and today it occurred to me, "Hey, why not throw an auto in there?", being that I don't flip the lights on cilantro. :) Yeah I know, a little late to the party. That being said, this is the EXACT thread I was hoping to find.

• Like Like x 2
  11. welcome aboard!
    cheers
    os

12. Thank you. I have aC99 and a Blue Mystic finishing up now. Sometime in November I will fire up the tent for indoor veggies and my first auto. I'm looking forward to it and hope to learn everything I need to know from this thread.

13. Hey OS,

On that MD it's so close to being done can I harvest it and cut away any rotting? Or is that risky?

14. You can. You may want to look into doing a 'bud wash', which is pretty common for outdoor. I'm no expert on that, but I have read about folks here at GCO using 1 cup H2O2 per 5 gallons of water, and doing a dunk before drying. I would remove all the bad stuff first very carefully, then do the dunk.
    hth
    cheers
    os

15. You can cut chunks off then tge bits that have mold you can water cure this should take the mold away leaving good weed
    But it will loose bag appel ( looks brown and bit appeling) it loose flavor but gain potency and smoothness.

And you can bud wash the rest but it does increce the risk of a second outbreak in the drying. But it will wash off mold spore ms and kill the spores as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Harvest resumes for the rest of my girls that I ran in the greenhouse this summer. Overall, my plants all took a long time this year. Average 3 weeks longer than what I had planned. I attribute this mostly to a super cool, cloudy spring/ summer. I also had a bought with scale bugs early, as well as a leaf eater (prob a caterpillaer). The leaf eater damage was so bad I quit taking pics. Low and behold they turned out great.
    Crop Circle Auto from 'Cream of the Crop Seeds'. She took 107 days from seed emergence. I let this one grow long enough to have the 'whole' plant perfect and zero popcorn. She was about 40 inches tall.
    Right before chop here she is.
    This plant had very little senescence at harvest time, very green the whole way through! A touch of purpling at the end.
    I trimmed off all the big fan leaves to give you guys a better look.
    The plant structure is a little atypical, but look at these big busting buds.
    This next shot made me smile. I didn't realize just how packed tight, this branch was, until after I removed the fan leaves. I wouldn't recommend do this intentionally. Makes me think of the phrase "Tied Stick man". I had good conditions and didn't have any pm or similar problems. Anyway, its one hell of a branch.
    Here is a lovely shot of the cola.
    After 10 days drying, and final trim, this baby yielded 208 grams. One of my goals for the greenhouse, is to grow at least indoor quality plants. This one fits the bill. Its so oily and trichome covered its hard to believe. In fact all 4 of the plants that I harvested this summer were the oiliest I have ever grown. Good job to 'Cream of the Crop Seeds' for that one.
    One thing that I did this summer that is a little different than in the past, I top dressed Langebenite and the mined product CalPhos. I used a Tablespoon of Langebenite and 2 Tablespoons of Calphos once a week, 3 weeks in a row during the middle of flower. I also did a similar regime on my Tomatoes with great results. I also gave the girls a healthy top dress of Fishbone meal right at the beginning of flower.
    I have 2 more girls a hanging, I will post them when I final trim and jar.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Great job OS!! Someday my auto's will look similar to those :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Awesome work, thank you for all the info! I'm getting set up to do an indoor, auto, no-till grow after a 2 year break. Can't wait to see you grow back indoors lol!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks bunches. I will start the ball rolling again inside soon. I plan to run a couple more cultivars from 'Cream of the Crop Seeds', and an undecided second seed co. I am leaning toward a couple selections from 'Mephisto Genetics' if I can find what I want, in the quantities I want. I am only interested in buying 'singles' of auto fems at this point.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1