Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. I have two strains from sweet seeds , black cream and dark devil, I also have a few sweet tooth seed from sooregonseeds and auto cheese. The big pot I will do photo period but need to buy some seeds . I do have 50 something photoperiods seeds but they are unknown and found in buds. These were given to me by my cousin. We have no idea what we will get.

• Like Like x 2
  2. #362 Chronickitty, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Ooo! You should document the sweet tooth and dark devil, I've been interested in growing some of them and with the mystery seeds... I used to be a stickler needing to know the strain but the mystery seeds I've grown have been fucking insane so far! Was the bud at least good or did he not tell you that? :smoking-bong:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Time to post a little about my last indoor plant to finish up. Its a Haze XXL auto that was very slow to ripen, but well worth the wait. I chopped her at 92 days. She is a short and stout, 30 inch tall plant, but a whopper. This size are my fav to grow, and generally turn out the best. This was grown in a soil mix that was just dumped out trays from my worm bin. One tea of malted blue corn. Otherwise just water or aloe water. No top dresses this grow, in fact it was generally neglected, other than a daily water check, and 1/4 turn of the plant. Here she is after I trimmed the fan leaves.
    The whole plant is big buds, a standard characteristic of this strain. Smell is incredible, and she is way frosty.
    Here is the cola and upper areas.
    The cola is the size of a football.
    Here is another upper angle shot.
    What a great way to wrap up an indoor season.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 9
  4. Love your work man, especially for a "neglected" plant! What's the weight from that one?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Another beauty. You really have this autoflower thing down. I am going to try your training method on my next grow. I am throwing some autos outside this year. I forget man, what LED's are you running?

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. I will create a grow thread on here once I get the seeds to sprout stay tuned

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm looking forward to it

8. Thanks man, this plant and the last Blue Amnesia I grew were LITFA (Leave it the fuck alone) by the textbook. I will post the yield results nest week after she is dried and final trimmed. It will be a good one!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  9. This grow was on an older mars reflector 144x5 and 2 citi 1212 cobs 3500k. I am a huge fan of the citi 1212 cobs, I can run up to 8 on one driver and place them individually, exactly where I want and at whatever angle I want. Its really flexible.
    Its a great training method that yields well and is easy to work with.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  10. I have an overall general question about autos if you don't mind, if an auto were to be too small, when its natural timer switched to flowering (say it only had the 2 cotyledons, and 4 or 6 leaves) what would happen? Would it flower like normal? Would it ignore its timer and continue to veg?
    Genuinely curious

11. Short answer: it will flower like normal.
    This is my first attempt at a grow/first thread:
    First Grow: Stunted with deformed, twisted leaves.
    Soil had barely any aeration, and the plant got really stunted. Ended up getting about 0.4g of pretty good quality bud lol. Lots of pics in there up to a few weeks before harvest, you can see what happens.
    hth, toaster

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Killing it over here 'sinse!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. The autos I'm currently growing did this. They showed pistils after just 2 weeks, pretty small with around 4 to 6 leaves. They are like 10 days or so away from harvest now and they are relatively small (especially compared to OS' plants), but from eyeballing it I'm hoping they will yield at least an ounce from each. They flowered as normal, had that explosion of growth as they grew out their budding sites and then that stopped and the buds swelled. I don't think it can "ignore it's timer" once flowering signs have first appeared (pistils), unless you pull some shenanigans to stress it back in to veg. If that's even possible, I have seen people mention it though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thanks Rancho! These are the plants that I wish were around when I was a teen living down in 'not legal' America. I would have been a champion Guerilla grower as a teen/ tween.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. @JGrewbie is right on the money with his advice, and his experience.
    I have never rolled back clock, getting them to return to veg once they show pistols. There are some things that can be done to try and keep them in veg longer, but its not really exact science. The addition of N via teas, in conjunction with lack of P is a way to keep them in veg. A tea of kelp and alfalfa meal 'can' accomplish this. Under certain circumstances I use a tea of 1/4 cup each, kelp and alfalfa to 3 1/2 gallons of water, steeped for 24-48 hours. This is a tea with almost no P, relative to the N and K. Both of the ingredients are also high in plant growth regulators and other natural growth simulators. I also add aloe to that tea. I am, currently doing this in my greenhouse grow, in an attempt to grow more veg back, after attacks by a mystery leaf eater. It is working to keep them in veg. I would also avoid any enzymes (mbp or malted corn), until you see pistols, as this seems to flip them immediately. I suspect one of 2 things. Either the malted ingredients themselves are high in P. Or, the enzyme phosphatase, in the malted ingredients, makes all the P in the soil available asap. I suspect its the second.
    The hydro guys kind of take approach of switching from high N, to high P to induce flowering. To be honest, I haven't checked out what any of the hydro crowd is doing for a quite a few years. Since before I started growing autos.

It also really helps to have high humidity. Keeping a good constant high humidity relative to the temp (see vapor pressure graphs) seems to really help keep them vegging as well. Before I did anything to raise my RH inside during winters grows, during the coldest driest months, my plants in veg would always flip early on me. Especially if I was trying to veg below 40% RH with temps in the 80's.
    hth
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. So a couple of weeks ago I posted about one of my autos, that had slowed way down early on in flowering when it should have been exploding with new growth. Just wanted to give a quick update since a few people showed interest and gave me some advice.

I fed it some kelp and mbp in foliar + drench, but it didn't pick up. It's day 42 now, and it's been the same size since day 25 or so. The buds however are doing fine, they have been starting to pack on mass and getting a bit sparkly, but it just seems odd to me that the shoot and leaf growth just stopped like that, especially as it had the exact same conditions as my other 3 plants. A shame cos it could have had so much more bud sites to grow out!
    So I was wondering what reason there could be for this, it's a bit confusing to me given how well the others are doing. Do these things "just happen" sometimes?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hey Sinse, I've found what I'm pretty sure is horsetail but I'm not 100% if it's the right kind. 1528305474923-87031458.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thats the one. My neighbor is 'harvesting' piles of this stuff today. (Pulling weeds in the yard / ditch). I have graciously volunteered to take it away by the wheelbarrow load.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 5
  19. Hi Os,
    A little update. I have started 3. At the last second I switched out an amnesia auto for a w.widowxb.bud instead. Only 2 have come up after 5 days. One of the Moby dicks has not broke surface and looking like it won't I guess. The Moby and w.w X b.b are looking ok but a little leggy. I've been moving the light closer and hoping to move those outdoors as soon as possible. I guess I'll start that amnesia auto today for the vacant? pot.
    We're still getting frost alerts and have lost some of our food and flower seedlings by moving them out already. The last frost moon was the end of May, so much for the old farmers almanac lol.

Jian

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lots of aloe mixed in the initial hydration water really helps with germination, as does keeping the soil at 70 ish F.
    You are on point moving your light closer. That's exactly what leggy plants are telling you. Just remember to move them a little everyday, and don't do any drastic moves.
    Keep it growing!
    Cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3