Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. I've got some dinafem auto seeds for my next grow, looking forward to it! It's a high CBD strain. Sadly though in between me buying those and then trying to buy a different strain from them they must have changed their policiy cos they don't accept my purchases no mo. I went to sensiseeds instead, ever used them?

Can't believe how much you got from that plant! Is around 4' common for your plants?

2. I haven't ever used sensi.
    I used to grow plants that were almost always 4' tall. Didn't really matter if they were indica or sativa doms. Then thru subtle changes in my grow style and set up, I started ending up with 3' average. I prefer the smaller plants for indoor grows, but I adapt to whatever nature gives me! I think my lst style really helps keep them short as well. I have actually grown 6 foot plus plants in the past, its quite challenging to get the whole plant to a finished state at the same time. The really tall one are greenhouse grows.
    The thing I learned about greenhouse growing in my exact area is really have to play the sun right. If I start to late, the plants grow enormous in veg, and then have trouble finishing in time. My peak sun happens from say june 1 to July 15. Now I try to have my plants in flower during that time period. That's partly why I have things started extremely early this year. I would rather grow a small great plant, than an average big plant.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thank you! I'm excited to see how these ones do compared to dinafem! I first started on auto flowers. There very intriguing! But I've only tried cks so been playing around with not the best genetics. But it's still something to smoke!

How many harvests can you get with autos outside??

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have played around with it over the years. I now just try for one harvest. I try to be all done by July 15. After that I move my focus to fishing.
    cheers
    os

5. Hey I get that! You don't want to be tending to your garden while you want to fish! That's awesome. I'd like to do that and turn some of it into homemade hydroslate!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Murphy's Law. I wish I could make that too. Damn bears wish I could too.
    cheers
    os

7. Inspiring work, brother! You're really showing what autos are capable of. How many plants do you typically run at once?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I keep it at 6. That's plenty to keep me busy and keeps me playing by the rules legally.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'd like to ask you about harvest time if you don't mind. I figure I'm a couple of weeks off but am uncertain really. I read your post on finished plants, you mention that you go by the pistils but I was unclear on a couple of points.
    Do you wait for ALL or MOST of the pistil to change colour and recede? And once that's happened, do you immediately harvest or wait a certain amount of time?
    I went by trichomes last time I did this but I'm having a hard time telling clear from cloudy.

10. That's a tough question to answer for all strains and conditions but here is how I look at it. On a healthy grow with no other concerns and no crowning or foxtailing, I always wait until the hairs recede, no matter what. (If there is popcorn at the bottom, I would ignore that for the most part.) Usually they don't recede until they have changed color, if they are still white but receded, its a judgment call, and may be the only time I would look at the trichomes. If the trichs are how you want them, then I would harvest. Otherwise wait until they are ready. If you harvest when the hairs are still white, they will usually darken anyway during the dry/ cure time.
    I feel the most important thing is that the hairs have receded, and the buds have plumped up. Taking a pic everyday can help you tell when the hairs have receded. They literally appear to disappear, except for a single hair. This will then plump up into an almost ball like shape.
    The taller the plant, the more challenging it is to have it all the same ripeness. The way I LST, really helps to get the whole plant to finish at about the same time. I will always let the trichs get dark, before I would harvest a plant that has hairs that haven't receded and plumped up.
    hth
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Thanks OS, I appreciate the write up

12. I read online, all you need is a whole fish with skin on it. Blend it up, mix it with lactic acid bacteria and let it sit for a month with cheese cloth I do believe! By the end of it you should only have some bones and scales left with should be rubbery. Strain that out and done!

13. The process is easy..... bile inducing, gut wrenching stink that gets in every pore but easy. The main issue is he lives in what is considered bear country with a surprisingly large urban bear population and they don't care ripping apart anything in their way including electric fences ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Yikes! Okay I get it now hahah. He would attract EVERY bear for miles with that stinky fish... I would rather not too in that situation! But electric fences??

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Years ago someone told me they had an electric fence around their bee hives. And they would wrap bacon on the fence to zap their tongues. Bear fur is too thick for the fences, so you gotta get them where they have no fur.

• Like Like x 1
  16. @mom on the Run is quite right. She lives on the North side of the same "Big Back Yard". Its very Beary here. Bears literally wander thru my yard at least twice a day. Once in the wee hours of the morn, and again in the evening. And of course anytime in between. Nothing stops one that is determined.
    That's why I am such a nut about making leaf mold, and compost. The bears don't care about that stuff.
    Great to hear from ya MOTR. You got any autos going for the summer?
    Cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yup! The state zoo holds an annual Bear Aware event around Mothers Day which coincides around the time they wake up for the summer and to prove just how tenacious they can be, any container deemed as "Bear Safe" gets hands on testing by the bear residents. Its fun to watch 3 very determined bears break open every single one lol

I keep lurking through your threads ;) Whelp, I got into both the auto comparatives so I am going to put 3 of each outside and the last 2 of each in with my Cackleberry light comparative when they get here......these overcast days have got to go, least the boys haven't bothered me about setting up the pool yet lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Tomorrow is the start of week 9, day 57 for my Auto Northern Lights. She is looking close to ready, but the website (00 seeds) says they should be on the longer side, 80-90 days. Is it possible she would finish this fast? Or am I being too optimistic about her? I know some seeds claim 8 weeks seed to harvest, but this isn't one of those, if those claims are even to be believed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I would give it more time. Is it really small? If so it will shorten up the time period a lot.
    Cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. The spring that never came.
    Cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1