Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Very nice Rancho, complete with lab work, you get an A+.
    Its nice to see ya here in the auto thread. When am I going to talk ya into trying some of these auto strains? :)
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2

2. lol...fwiw i was going to check in and let you know your other recent pro tem convert to autos had 100% successful germ rate with the sw(1), fs(1), and gt(5). they're at least out of the soil so that's a good thing. giving it one last try - i'm all in :smoke:

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Awesome grobro ! If you have a good grow we will peer pressure rancho, then start working on Jerry.
    Cheers
    Os

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lol poor Jerry

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. thank you!
    I don't do caps but who knows for the future and I love having the great info in case I have a need. I'm a information collector and hoarder :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. hot d*mn! this is going to be fun and exciting!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Especially excited since 2 of the 3 strains you started are ones I'm currently growing. Will be very interesting to see how the plants compare between the grows. I have no doubt your results will kick my a** on both plants but will still be interesting to see the differences in results, and any pheno differences
    My 2 Ghost Toofs are at 45 days today and my Forum Stomper is at 20 days.

actually having a small issue with the fs I was going to post separately and tag you on...
    The 2 GT's are looking great so far! I'm very excited to see how they end up. they flowered very quickly, and resin production on the leaves started displaying much earlier than I've ever seen. I have a feeling and my fingers crossed, but I suspect the gt are going to end up with very thick, very dense colas similar to the Blue Dream I harvested last grow.

• Like Like x 3
  7. lol dont sell yourself short @Smokey B McBongwater. i am moving forward with cautious trepidation. i'm used to growing wild and free growing cannabis varietals and i might just be 'the guy' that cant cope with domesticated ruderalis.

doing a couple things differently than i did last time so i'll see what that means...if anything good.

• Like Like x 4
  8. All your ideas that I try always work great! I have been totally surprised how well the no tea as a soil drench has worked for me.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  9. Well the outdoor/greenhouse deal fell through. I couldn't get involved with something destined for failure. Maybe if he seeds his crop over again he will hand over the reigns. It's a shame, together we could hang in there against the big boys, alone it may become too difficult to overcome.
    I do have one small spot (4x10) in a staircase that I haven't utilized yet. I'll need to build a loft and then I plan on making it a clone and breeding spot. Looking to f2 bunch of strains. Can you recommend any regular auto seeds instead of the feminized gear? Thanks!
    RD

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have never shopped around for reg auto seeds, so I haven't been paying attention. I would give Night Owl a look. I also know that down the road just a little bit, Mephisto is going to start selling reg auto seeds. I will let ya know when I see those become available, and if I spot any good stuff.
    Local breeders keep giving me reg auto gear to try, but I just don't have the space 'to play' as I would like. I also don't have a lot of faith in their work just yet. But I give them to my friends to try. Haven't been impressed just yet. They don't know I am OS, just that I have tried autos successfully. Funny to listen to them talk.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. you mean they are on this forum and know of Organic sinse, just not that YOU are Organic sinse? Now THAT's funny. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. quick weekly update. not going to bore you with individual pics of each plant. Here are all the girls together.
    Anyone interested in anything in particular I'll be glad to show any other pics.

From left to right back row:
    Ghost Toof #1 / day 45, Ghost Toof #2 - day 45, Orang Diesel - day 20
    From left to right front row:
    Creme de la Chem - day 36, Forum Stomper - day 20

IMG_2699.JPG IMG_2700.JPG

Both Ghost Toofs were topped at the 5th nodes. None of the others have been topped
    not doing much this grow, being really lazy.
    everyone gets aloe vera foliar mists at least once a day. when I remember and motivated enough to pre-plan head and make a kelp tea or a kelp / alfalfa tea I've given a couple of those as foliar sprays. I think two kelp foliars, one kelp/alfalfa/ewc foliar so far. not many at all.
    topped dressed some MBP once and some EWC about a week ago.
    neem foliar for IPM

the list makes it seem like a lot but in reality I'v done practically NOTHING this grow. If I had Blumats my laziness would almost be complete LOL

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Not exactly. They just think I grow veggies and flowers and have experimented with autos once or twice. But I have been told to read my own thread many times, or been quoted stuff that I wrote. For security reasons I remain 100% anonymous, even when I have to bite my tongue and just nod. Its kind of funny. I usually just say I see the most interesting and useful stuff over at grasscity in the organics section. I get the same thing with vermicomposting.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. @Smokey B McBongwater

congratulations brother! it reads like you have arrived to the point of one of "the" main objectives of growing with a less-is-best, all organic, water-only approach imo; there just aint much to do and the rewards far, far, outweigh the investment of energy and resources. lol that's great man. your plants look beautiful at the gt's look awesome.

sweet!

edit: just had a thought. is anyone growing autos using HID or CMH?

• Like Like x 3
  15. thanks, I'm trying to be as lazy as possible! :D

I REALLY want to end up with CMH with QB boards as fill-in for coverage. Just need to wait ill I move things to the cooler temps in the basement before I go with the CMH. I think the spectrum will be better with the CMH and it will include some UV in the mix completely missing on the LED's now

• Like Like x 3
  16. @Possuum @Organic sinse
    ok guys, I have a few questions if you don't mind

I'm noticing a few things this grow and trying to learn from them as always. Perhaps you can lend some insight and suggestions.
    Same soil, from the same batch I mixed last year. used it for my last grow with no real issues. All the plants this grow are using the same soil - not reused, just fresh soil from the same mixed batch of approx 100gal.

This grow i'm seeing two plants display interesting issues.

First is the Creme de la Chem - day 36
    Since seedling stage, all new emerging growth comes out very yellow colored. Eventually turns normal green but takes quite a lot of growth until that happens. once it finally turns green it looks good and healthy but the yellow color is strange to me. also, flowering seems very reduced from where I would have expected by day 35 already... maybe just the genetics?
    The pics don't really show quite as much as its displays but I hope you can get the idea:
    IMG_2708.JPG IMG_2709.JPG

Next is the Forum Stomper
    Currently on day 20. started displaying deficiency approx around day 10.
    Looks like rust marks on the leaf edges on the most bottom leaf. slowly moved up to the next node leaves, and now up to the leaves on the 3rd node. My reading suggests a Mg deficiency so I've been hitting it with Epsom salt foliar sprays this week to see if its help.Waiting to see if it progresses to the next node or if the Epsom salts help.

IMG_2716.JPG

would these issues be just genetic / strain differences?
    These plants showing me areas my soil is lacking??

• Like Like x 3
  17. The Crème de la Chem-initial yellowing. It could be something in the soil mix, but, about 1 in 5 or 6 strains I grow exhibit that. It always clears up and is fine in the end. I think some strains are just a little fussy, and I have always just gone with it, and all is well in the end.
    The Forum Stomper-I don't know on that one. If I was going to make a totally uneducated guess, I would guess perhaps the leaf tips are staying wet to long, not enough air flow. I have never really seen legit deficiencies, but I would doubt a plant at that age, in your soil would really be lacking anything. Hopefully @Possuum will have some ideas.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  18. @Smokey B McBongwater man i would only be guessing if we're gonna chase "deficiency" . to that end i suggest going back to the beginning, i.e. if all the minimum 16 elements were present in sufficient amounts and the media very thoroughly mixed in theory the mix you're using now should have everything the plant needs. the N-cycle could gas off some nitrogen but all the other elements are not prone to that behavior iirc. so with that as the baseline of understanding do you really think you have a "deficiency" i. e. an insufficient amount, of some element? if so i suggest a fix-it mix using tbsp or less quantities of each element that cover the entire range of the basic 16, top dress and water in.

thoroughly mixing large volumes of soil to get even media/amendment distribution requires a lot of energy ime. it takes me ~30 mins to mix one cubic foot lol. seriously. generally speaking pale green new growth is typically associated with micronutrients and mobile nutrients iirc. then there's that old bugaboo pH to think about any time we see the word "deficiency". if the media mix sat unused for a period of time perhaps it "soured" a bit, for lack of a better term. in short idk but those are some things to noodle on or cast aside.

sorry but that's the best i've got to offer :confused_2: :smoking:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  19. welcome aboard!
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3