Automatics make good Organic sinse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Organic sinse, Oct 29, 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  1. I'd like to know your process also.

My wife and I made an infused oil with coconut oil.
    Simply used an ounce of weed for the 56oz jar of oil. put everything in a crockpot and let it infuse for a number of hours. Strained it and jarred it. the coconut oil solidifies at under 76f so she uses it as a topical ointment for arthritis pains in her knee and she says it works veery well. We gave a jar to a friend who also has knee problems and he also says it works very well for him also with his knees - and we never told him what was in the salve so he still doesn't know the active ingredient in his "knee cream" is a great 1:1 strain called Jetfuel.
    If my wife wants to take it as a tincture orally she only has to zap a bit of the oil in the microwave long enough to raise the temp above 76f so the oil turns back to liquid and she uses a small dropper full. :)

very interested in other techniques or ideas

• Like Like x 2
  2. I have multiple methods for extracting. I make canabutter for general cooking, coconut oil for my hard candies, I have an olive/coconut/almond oil tincture you can also cook with, I make BHO dabs, and RSO Hash Oil which you can also dab. The stuff in my photo was an RSO extraction I did. Which recipe would yall like?
    20190718_081238.jpg 20190717_200406.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  3. The colour of that oil is amazing! Could you share the tincture you make please? I tried a recipe once but it never did a thing for me whenever I applied it.

Thanks for the kind words bro :D yeah I can't believe I was harvesting on day 46! Super low humidity here too so the drying could be rough.

IMG_20190718_180646.jpg
    These are the 2 Chemdoggings on the right and 1 Fugue State on the left. The CDs have grown really well considering how little space they had in there. The Fugue States have been unenthusiastic growers, I wouldn't recommend them based on this grow.
    IMG_20190718_180945.jpg IMG_20190718_180953.jpg
    Then we have the other Fugue State on the left and my topped Double Grape on the right! I put the FS in there when I cut the other DG. She ended up super short really, even shorter than I expected from the topping, but there's some really nice colas/buds coming along. If they get as thick as the buds I harvested from the other DG, then holy moly.

Totally have to rethink my plan for the bigger tent, as I had a LOT of wasted space inside. Looks like it'll be my best harvest ever though, despite the disappointments, so that's progress!

• Like Like x 4
  4. #2285 StickyGreenThumb, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Nicely done, things look good! Low humidity could play a part in short veg/early flower, from what I’ve read... I think os also noted this earlier in this thread? I picked up a fairly inexpensive humidifier on amazon, $85 cdn - the best part, it’s a cool mist and has a built in humidistat, so you can set your humidity level in 5% increments and it holds it there. I think the brand is Levoit. I’ve been able to dial in my humidity much better this way

Edit - here, this is a link to the one I got, they have other similar models too - it has a $10 discount coupon you can apply when adding to the cart.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. To be honest, I’m fairly inexperienced in any extracts, usually stick to smoking or vaping bud so I don’t know much about them. Now that I’m growing, seems a shame to waste any frosty fans/sugar leaves. I’m thinking a consumable oil would be nice for those days up at the lake with the fam, instead of having to smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simple syrups sound right up your alley.
    I do a recipe that is water, sugar, fruit, and trim.
    I dissolve 4 cups of sugar in 4 cups of water. A sauce pan over low heat makes this fast and easy.
    In the blender I combine 4 cups fruit with however much fan leaf trim or buds or kief- be sure to decarb. If it needs liquid to blend well, I add some sugar water from above.
    In a crockpot, I stretch a paint filter bag across the mouth then pour the fruit canna mixture into the bag. I then add the sugar water, using some to rinse out the blender.
    Put the cover on the crock pot and run on slow cook for 8-12 hours.
    When its done, lift out the filter bag and drain and squeeze like crazy all the good ness out. Squeezing is very important.
    While still piping hot, fill canning jars. Store in a cool place. Open jars can be stored in the fridge.

Fruit is super expensive here, so when I can't use berries I picked, I use frozen smoothie fruit.

@MomOnTheRun gave me this recipe. I add the syrup to seltzer and ice cube to make Italian sodas. Also good on pancakes and ice cream.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Oh that sounds awesome, I think my wife would love to try that too. My great white plant should be somewhere around 1:1 thc/cbd and then could make a higher THC one from AK... mmmm! Thanks os!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ok so the RSO method is pretty simple. You just need a rice cooker that can get real low on heat, Mason jars, coffee filters, mesh strainer, and everclear.

Take a Mason jar full of frozen ground up trim and flower. Then take everclear grom the freezer and fill the jar up until the plant matter is just covered. Dont fill it extra up no need too. Close the lid and shake it up a bit. Throw it in the freezer for 5 minutes. Then take the solution and poor it through a strainer to get the majority of stuff. Then pour the solution through a coffee filter into a Mason jar. Then take your finished cleaned solution and add it to your rice cooker on low heat. Like 120-180. It will slowly evaporate out the alcohol and you'll be left with hash oil. Use a food syringe to pull it out hot and you can leave it in syringes to take as medicine or you can stick it in trays and dab it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. They look good :)
    they do look a bit on the smaller size overall, and you seemed to have that issue last grow. wonder if it could be something ion yours environment? soil? lighting? seems a bit odd. than again, my plants are still smaller than I'm used to so perhaps my expectations are still based upon my previous hydro days - they DO get bigger in hydro.

Looking at your Double Grape, those buds looks really nice! makes me REALLY upset now I'm not going to get to try that strain. oh well. many others to try
    I'm still trying to figure out how your first DG finished out in 46 days?! it's listed as a 65-70 day strain. so far, at least for me, most strains have fallen within breeder listed times or pretty close to it. only had a couple go out of the listed times and that was longer, not shorter. 46 days is FAST!! closest i had was a strain listed at 49 - 56 days. took it 77 days and that was the biggest variation of listed times to actual times of anything i've grown so far. nothing has come is even close to 46 days finished! wow!!
    you will be tasting that strain even before harvesting the 2nd plant lol

yeah, drying over the winter was difficult here too because of the winters low humidity. they just dried so fast! need to add humidifier before this coming up winter for that reason.

disappointing about the results so far on your fugue states. I have 5 of those seeds. got them as freebies along with the 10 Ghost Toof's. I wasn't rushing on those since I found out they are bred from Haze strain(s) and I'm still trying to figure out if Haze causes issues with me or not. I don't recall if Os grew out FS's yet or not. if he did would be interesting to compare results although kinda not fair to have to compare again the professor's plants - his will always win LOL

keep us up-to-date on your girls more often, you know we enjoy seeing them :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #2291 Smokey B McBongwater, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    damn, you do everything.
    all we have done is a few gummies, the coconut oil we made, and previous to that only used some cooking hash and tried the typical cooked / brownies, etc and never had good luck with any of those.
    have never done a dab, let alone made one!

how about ALL your recipes. just write a small book and send us the file LOL LOL LOL
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. #2292 Smokey B McBongwater, Jul 18, 2019
    I've been wanting to do a simply syrup for a while but don't know how - or didn't! LOL
    figured it would be easy to make drinks like iced tea.
    Didn't think it would work without any fat in the liquid to infuse into. didn't think you could infuse just the water / sugar.
    would this recipe work without the fruit in it? just the super / water for a real simple syrup?

the above WITH the fruit also sounds great also for when you do want flavoring, therefore the fruit :)

12. Gotta say how much I enjoy learning from you all, whether it be organics, training or now processing... appreciate you sharing your knowledge so we can all enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  13. #2294 Possuum, Jul 19, 2019

there are four people that i can highly recommend when it comes to processing cannabis resin into many varieties of finished products as well as creating a product suitable for use in edible products. two you should be familiar with are brassnwood and loneranger. another user in the weed edibles forum is psychedelic sam, and the last is a super alchemist imo. she is/was "the coot" of cannabis edibles, par excellence. i'm not sure she posts anymore (i havent checked) but ~5+ years ago she refined cannabis extraction methods such that they are what is considered mainstream today imo. she taught us all about decarboxylation, proper handling, how to use, etc. i wont go so far to say she invented any particular process (iirc) but she certainly was at the tip of the spear for perfecting using cannabis extracts for edibles of all imagination. do a search for badkittysmiles. i think she actually published a book and may have even gone utube. this gal is/was a fantastic chef. anyway, search those dudes and dudettes out if you want to put that trim to good use and maybe the budZ to a use different than inhaling.

ciao!

edit: i just searched for badkittysmiles and there's no user near that name. guess she took her stuff and moved on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yep I do remember that as well, around the time they all flipped there was a lowering of humidity, increased heat and an SST feed so I think that combo took them all out of their stretch prematurely. Cheers for the link!

Brilliant, thank you.

They are short overall, various factors led to them having a really short pre flower stretch so they finished at least 10-15cm shorter than they may have done otherwise. All good lessons for me. Truthfully - I know not to expect anything that compares with the professor's plants and I'm happy to see progress, I'm pretty confident this will be the best harvest I've ever had and will see me through with medication for my chronic pain/anxiety & sadbrains til next spring easily.
    That DG is an anomaly I'm sure, something weird happened with it and it just jumped forwards in its life cycle. The topped DG should be closer to the breeder's estimate, it's day 49 and I could see it going to 65.
    Your girls must have finished their stretch by now? Or be right in the middle of it?

Edibles have never had much effect on me unfortunately... I've tried homemade, other people's too, sometimes I get a little high but I've done 100mg (supposedly) a couple of times and felt nothing at all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. awesome, thanks! I'll check their posts and threads for info!

16. the 2 Ghost Toof I think finally just stopped their stretch - just measured them not 10 minutes ago and no change over the last couple days on them, 58cm and 51cm - both had been topped at the 5th node. They are on day 43, only about a week behind your DG. The Creme de la Chem is still stretching. she is short - untopped and only 35cm on day 34 today.
    the other two girls are too young and still in veg

I'm same as you - never had much luck with edibles. my wife does better with them. I get no effect or just a stomach cramp for a short time, than even that goes away but nothing usually happens. at most i got was a bit of a buzz, a headache, the stomach cramp, and than the buzz went away after maybe 30-45 minutes.
    this is from multiple tries, different batches of edible items, etc. not sure we went as high as 100mg a serving on anything but I seem to think on one batch of something we made to try might have been up in the 80-85mg range is what my brain seems to be telling me. can't remember now but that number is in my head for some reason.
    I hear some people just don't do well with edibles and i'm guessing I' one of them but i keep hopeing to find something that works.

regardless of short plants or tall plants, glad to hear you are happy with your harvest and coming up harvest and the quality of your meds, that's what's important. We will both keep working on the quality part of the grows, and eventually as we learn our yields will increase I'm sure. but I'm still just mostly concerned with quality for my meds. as long as i have enough to get me through to the next harvest I'm ok.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yeah I have to go very concentrated on my edibles because of my tolerance. You must smoke like I do. I make a small batch of brownies I call "atomic brownies" . I usually do at least 2oz for a batch and you get 8 brownies out of it. Each brownie has 7grams worth of weed in it. I cant tell you how many of my friends tried and couldnt handle them. Me and like 2 of my friends are the only ones that can eat them and still function. I did it with a quarter pound once (half oz per brownie) and I was high as hell. Knocked my GF out for like 3 days.

I'm one stop away from land race hunting, wish me luck !!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. 58cm seems a pretty strong size for a topped auto, that one should be fun to see finish.
    Yeah that sounds very similar to my experiences. The first time I took an edible I felt nothing but had the most shocking of hangovers in the morning.
    Yep it's a process of continual improvement through learning. It's frustrating and disappointing at times but there's a definite upwards curve. I may not be at your's or our other resident thread professors' levels but that's ok.

I think I just have a naturally very high tolerance to edible cannabis for whatever reason, as my smoking/vaping tolerance isn't especially high although I do vape every evening though so it must be some degree of high. I've heard a few people describe an edible high to be akin to mild psychedlics, but nothing like it for me. I have a really high natural tolerance for psilocybin too. I would love to see if my edible tolerance would cope with one of your atomic brownies though! I imagine that'd teach me not to talk it up. The thought of consuming 14grams in one go!
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 4
  19. Love all the edible talk over here!

I'd like to share my canna cap recipe w/ you guys. The slick part of it is that the caps hold no liquid. No concerns of all those caps turning into a pile of coconut oil goo.
    Starts off with the basic RSO deal. I use a magic butter machine but a rice cooker and coffee grinder will work too. So I add some trim and grain to the mbm and let it do it's thing on the lowest heat setting. I wanted something that was almost narcotic sleeping pill like so I let it run for 8 hrs. The trim should be very well ground up at this point and of a fine particle size. If you are using a rice cooker you'll need to run the trim through a coffee grinder first, don't powder it but get it close. Now I strain it into a pyrex pan that is placed on a warming tray. I then eyeball out somewhere around 1/2 of the trim in the strainer and put it into the pan that I just strained the alcohol into. Add some MCT oil and mix it with a spoon occasionally. When I think the material is close to being dry I turn the warming tray off and leave the pan loosely covered for a few days to rid the alcohol smell. I do decarb the trim first. A shorter run time will help give the caps a more up high from what I hear. Just need to make sure the trim is small enough to fill the caps well.
    RD IMG_20190720_140012479.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1