Automatic watering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Heavy Metal 1, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Is there a type of device that will water your plants in your absence? My question applies to outdoor grown plants in pots, not in the ground. thanks

2. NIce set up in that link Ksimms. That dude (Paul) has balls of steel (he was lucky to harvest!!!). He didn't really explain the setup though and we didn't get to see the reservoir. But it looks nice being able to let the plants alone for 1 month!!! Also OldPork got a similar system (smaller scale) and people can check it out here on Grasscity (don't know how to do the link, someone?). Thanks for sharing,
    Later.

3. Yep this system worked well for me for the weeks I was gone. Two things:

1. Make sure you get the right watering timer from Sears (Don't get the cylindrical kind-it requires water pressure to work. The Sears device works with gravity.

2. You will have to use wire hangers (or something similar) to adjust the height of the ends of your tubing, so each plant gets an even distribution of water. (It's gravity fed)

One system can feed up to four plants, if you set it to water every other day for 15 minutes, the 30 gallon water supply lasts one week.

The system costs just around $50 to make.

4. Here's mine. Irrgation lines are ran to an automated timer. I can water as many times a day as I want for as long as I want on four different channels! Just need a four-way splitter for your hose connection. Rain drip products are great!
    [​IMG]

5. Excellent! This is why I love the 'net; so much knowledge to be shared.

6. Anyone have a method of watering for over 20 plants indoors? I need to leave town while they are flowering and wanna make sure my girls don't get hurt.