Automatic watering....

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by w0034, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Although i posted looking for options on automatic watering and nobody could find the time to respond, I'll post my findings below :)

Setup...
    1. 170gph pump from amazon.
    2. 1/2" black pipe (plastic).
    3. Manifolds that punch into black pipe.
    4. 4 way splitters that attach to plastic watering stakes.

The whole setup took me about an hour to put together as I flipped my next cycle putting in the plants. Another hour or so to plumb in the pump to my holding tank and connect to the black pipe.

Two stakes in each 10gal pot, which will drip 1 gallon an hour. It seems to be working perfectly, no leaks, everything as advertised from the greenhouse supply wholesaler that put together the parts for me. About $320 in cost to set it up for 36 plants. I could not be happier.

I can either water like I did before, just automatically every 2 or 3 days, or put on a timer and water based on a schedule with more frequency using less amounts of water each time.

I'll post some pics next time I go down.

Next step is I'm now going from 1 gals directly to the final pot of 10's. I'm going to setup the same system and drip water in vegge as well thus allowing me to pretty much not water manually at all. The only exception would be if some plants are uptaking slightly more, hand watering would allow them to 'catch up' so to speak.

This is going to save me a shitload of time over the course of a month.

Thoughts?
    w0034

2. Hmm. Upon searching, it doesn't seem like my post a few weeks ago about 'automatic watering' and I didn't find it searching on my username. I guess there was nothing for you folks to respond to, sorry.

3. ...Maybe I'll just close my account....LOL

4. #4 jay719, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    Yea, I believe that is the route I would take.Here are the instructions, just so you dont feel totally unhelped.

\nAccount Deletions - How To Delete Your Account
    Please follow these simple instructions to request to have your account deleted from Grasscity.com.
    Click on your User Name at the top right to access the drop-down menu. Click on My Settings. Choose Delete My Account from the menu list.
    You will then see this:
    Sorry to hear you're leaving our forum! We'd just like to point out a few things before you go:
    • Once you permanently delete your account, it's gone and there's no going back. We are not able to reinstate your account.
    • Deleting your account only removes your user details from appearing on the forum. Your posts and replies to threads will remain visible to everyone, but a Guest prefix will appear in place of your deleted username and details.
    • If you're ready to delete your account, please confirm that you've read these terms. An administrator will receive your request and your account will be permanently deleted.
    You will need to check the box next to a statement that says: I have read, understood and agree to these conditions and I want to delete my account. After checking the box, please click Save Changes.
    Please keep in mind that no one will ask you if you are sure this is something you want to do. If you put in the request, then you are confirming that you do indeed want your account deleted.
    Thanks,
    RMJL
    Forum Administrator

5. Did I offend someone or something?

6. So how is the auto water system treating you so far
    Or was it just a concept ?

7. I suppose this is a thread to re-invent and rename drip irrigation. FYI, they make different size drippers for different sized pots/water volumes. They already have whole sites about drip irrigation, but thanks for posting YOUR findings.