automated plant watering systems... interesting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stankyoleman, Oct 10, 2007.

1. anyone heard anything about these? just doing a bit of research on the subject as i'm out on business for periods of 3 or 4 days fairly often...

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/mist2.shtml

and i quote "[SIZE=-1]The Green Genius automatic plant watering system draws water from a bucket, not a hose, making it ideal for watering up to 10 plants while you're away. Built-in pump and timer will automatically water your plants. Use simple rotary dials to select the amount of water and frequency of watering (anywhere from 6 hours to 12 days)"

perhaps for those not skilled or dedicated enough to build a diy system? just a thought...:smoke:
    [/SIZE]

2. I was thinking of developing a watering system the other day. My idea was take a bucket (something to hold water) and up a low psi fuel pump(electric pump of coarse) (car) something that pumps at about 10psi. and then run the line up to like a water rail (same thing as fuel rail) and poke little holes in it so the water mists out and then when the timer would turn it off, the rest of water in line would drip out onto the soil. There ya go idk if it would work but it be pretty bomb