Autoflowering?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Project ICE, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ok so ive seen alot of these guys doing autoflower plants indoors...

but can you do them outdoors too?

will they automatically go to flowering stage even though there is too much light?

if the answer to those two questions is yes....can you also provide me with a few strain ideas

maybe top 4 or top5 from the tude?

2. Yes you can. Autoflowering plants are strained mixed with Ruderalis but they evolved in a areas where there is 6 months of Sun for the most part. You grow outside this time of year your going to have low yields to none should we have a cold winter which will be fast approaching.

Forcasts for you northerners is heavy heavy snow. La Nina is going away and El Nino is setting in.

3. Personally running autos indoors seems counter productive. But to answer your question yes they will grow and flower outside buy like rap said the less daylight hours the less of a yield

4. oh yeah i know that lol....im just preparing for next years grow. Im ordering seeds tonight (about 30)

5. Try some Paradise Seeds Wappa Autos.

6. Heavy snow? Sweet! I should be plowing this winter :) $$$

But you definitely can't plant an auto now. For outdoors, I think auto's are good for planting late (late june or july), or maybe for people with super short growing seasons.

Indoors, I think they're good for people who want to do a clone mother, flowering, and vegging all under the same lighting regimen.

Also to consider, autoflower plants are crossed with cannabis ruderalis, which typically makes the bud a bit lower in quality.

My experience with them is just from some free seeds I got. 1 died and the other flowered crazy early (July) despite being planted in late May. The result? A nice >1g yeild. Aww yah!! :rolleyes:

7. They bud a bit lower in quality (density) and also potency. Automatic plants are excellent for beginners too, that's how I got my start.

8. I love autoflowering plants, heck I even devoted a website to them LOL I do agree with the yield complaints however. These are not plants for someone who is looking to grow pounds at a time. One thing I have been looking into is the "amazonian" strains. These are plants that grow relatively large and are still autoflowering. The only drawback is that they do have a slightly longer growing season... This is fine if you live outside of the tundra however, and they will develop right along side the other vegetation so you won't get a huge pot plant in the spring that sticks out like a sore thumb:)

9. Did New Jersey legalize medical finally?? I hope so, one state coming back to sanity at a time. Nice...

10. yeah finally legalized....and lessened criminal punishment