autoflowering strains

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, Jul 10, 2006.

1. hey i recently talked to a woman at femaleseeds.com about her outdoor strains. she said that "Our summer temp starts in May and runs till September. The longest day
    (about 18 hrs) in june. So, our days are long which is important to know, which is the reason why our outdoor strains are autoflowering - they can flower in long
    periods of light".
    I dont completely understand this, so i asked her and she said that "Normally plants need around 12 hours of darkness/daylight to set them
    off into flowering, but as holland is in such a climate where we get
    around 18 hours daylight during summertime it would be difficult to get
    them to flower outdoor. Hence the selection of plants which do flower
    with little darkness at night. This is what's called autoflowering."
    Im jus wandering if my plants will flower at the same time, or earlier , later or NEVER lol because of the frost. Please shed any light that u can, thanks

2. Your plants will start to flower as soon as they detect that the days are getting shorter just as the lady says, in the us this time is usually around middle augustto the end of october. your plants will know when to start to flower and then they will try and reproduce but if you dont have any males around this will not happen.

good luck:smoking:CJ:smoking:

3. the whole 12/12 thing mostly refers to indoor growing so the growers can induce flowering by reducing the light to 12 hours which is the basis to get the plant in the flowering cycle. Outdoors it doesn't really mean so much because they flower whenever they decide to flower... mine are starting to flower and they are getting more than 12 hours the plants just tell by how much shorter the days are getting I just say let em do what they wanna do...

4. Read my thread on Outdoor Flowering. Click on the link in my sig.