Autoflowering help!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yayobeatz, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Basically need alotta help and i would greatly appreciate it.

I have 5 autoflowering femenized northern lights seeds heres my question

I have made a tote microgrow in my closet.

1: I need 6 cfl bulbs which ones are the best for the autoflowering ?

2: what is the best soil for the plants to plant in?

3: do i have to buy nutes? If so which ones are the best kind?

4: how often and how do i apply the nutes to my plants?

I kno its alotta questions but thank yall in advance

2. 1 23w cfls are common 2700k and 5000k
    2 organic soil wih no ime release nutes like fox farms or sunshine 4 or coco coir
    3 it will help but plain water will work Gen hydro or fox farms
    4 mix then water as needed look on website for specs

3. [quote name='"bongboi"']1 23w cfls are common 2700k and 5000k
    2 organic soil wih no ime release nutes like fox farms or sunshine 4 or coco coir
    3 it will help but plain water will work Gen hydro or fox farms
    4 mix then water as needed look on website for specs[/quote]

So the organic soil which one do you recommend specifically as well as the nutes?

Oh and one more question what kind of pot and pot size do you recommend?

4. #4 MeanJoeGreene, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    Im on my first grow with Afghan Kush auto and I used 5 gallon buckets because I'm using a closet. How did you figure out how many lights you needed for your space and what kind did you get? I'm using a 6500k 26 watt bulb right now while I finish getting the closet fixed. Oh yeah I used Organic Miracle Gro because I already had it on hand.

5. I have heard 3 gallon pots for autos I use fox farm I like it easy to find and affordable

6. 1. Light requirements for Autos are no different. The only real difference with a Auto is it goes into flowering on its own rather then the grower flipping to 12/12. You kind of have to judge when to switch lights based on when it shows sex. When it does then you can migrate to flower spectrum. CFLs are just fine for that.

2. Best soil..anything but pre nuted soil. Order some Fox Farms ocean can't go wrong with that. htgsupply.com or amazon.

3. For the most part most of the nutes out there are similar. I would look for something like Fox Farms Nute Trio easy to use and easy to understand guide.

4. The 1st 3-4 weeks your soil should have everything your plant needs then you can start adding nutes. You mix with the water ph balance the whole thing feed.

7. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

1. Light requirements for Autos are no different. The only real difference with a Auto is it goes into flowering on its own rather then the grower flipping to 12/12. You kind of have to judge when to switch lights based on when it shows sex. When it does then you can migrate to flower spectrum. CFLs are just fine for that.

2. Best soil..anything but pre nuted soil. Order some Fox Farms ocean can't go wrong with that. htgsupply.com or amazon.

3. For the most part most of the nutes out there are similar. I would look for something like Fox Farms Nute Trio easy to use and easy to understand guide.

4. The 1st 3-4 weeks your soil should have everything your plant needs then you can start adding nutes. You mix with the water ph balance the whole thing feed.[/quote]

I really appreciate the infoo

So is there a good pot style that you recommend?

And for the cfls since i have 6 what intensity and i have to change them in between cycles thats my confusion you know

8. Airpots and smart pots rock. I have airpots but moving to smart pots since there squareish I can pack more in my tent.

Lights are easy CFLs especially. Don't pay attention to the equvilant wattage on them. The actual is what counts.

For CFLs 6500k ones are for veging, and 2700k is for flowering. 6500k ones are often called Daylight bulbs and give off a white bluish color. 2700k ones give off a yellow orange hue to them are often sold as Soft White bulbs.

When to change them..when your auto starts to flower. You will notice it right away..not that hard.

9. [quote name='"rhapsodyrcks"']

Airpots and smart pots rock. I have airpots but moving to smart pots since there squareish I can pack more in my tent.

Lights are easy CFLs especially. Don't pay attention to the equvilant wattage on them. The actual is what counts.

For CFLs 6500k ones are for veging, and 2700k is for flowering. 6500k ones are often called Daylight bulbs and give off a white bluish color. 2700k ones give off a yellow orange hue to them are often sold as Soft White bulbs.

When to change them..when your auto starts to flower. You will notice it right away..not that hard.[/quote]

Ohhhh okkk thank you so much the airpots and smart pots where can i buy them?

10. Online...amazon.com, htgsupply.com or your local hydro store.

11. is this the right nute?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Farm-FX14050-Fertilizer-Hydro-Formula/dp/B000HY2IXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327014566&sr=8-1[/ame]

12. and what do yall think is better 5 or 3 gallon pot?

13. also is pro mix soil good or is fox farm ocean help give a greater yeild?