Autoflowering from Non-Autoflowering Plants On 24/hr Light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Canadian RooR, May 15, 2010.

1. Ok So Here It is. I Need Help. This is the 2nd time i have come accross this. So im Starting My Outdoor Grow-op and they are about a month old a foot tall and starting all on their 7th set of leaves. I have now got the branching started and it has been on a 24/hr Light Cycle the whole time. Water them the regular every 2-3 days or as needed. BUUUTTT... i have now had 2 plants My Blueberry Skunk and as Well one of my Belladonna's are showing sex? They are NON Ruderalis and NON auto-flowering. They have both now shown signs of Male sex and characteristics. Although my skunk is really really stinky already it however is showing male balls. I have heard that this could be the early stages of a hermaphrodite plant which in turn would potentially give me FEM. seeds. But Still Im Just Curious cause i have never heard of my friends having this or anyone else and could not find any shit on the net about it. I Would looove some feed back so i can know whats actually going on. Thanks A Bunch guys

keep Tokin Green :)

Brandon ( Canadian ROOR )

2. I dunno, but I will say that skunk #1 has new growth that looks like balls at first. It has freaked me out more than once.

3. Really??? Thats Nuts cause i did grow it before and never saw it unless i just never looked as closely as i did with these ones. But thats a little help. still doesnt explain my Bella though, which is really weird :p but thanks for the tip man. greatly apreciated :) and how long into the grow did it show them and on 24 hour light? and looked like balls but turned into pods ?

4. They dont show under veg in my experience. about a 2 weeks into flower you will see either the white hair or balls (or both).

I have been cloning my #1 skunk for a while, and it is a strong strong strain. Now I dont even look at her that close because I know she's a girl.

kind of weak bud compared to the WW, but a solid strain with huge yield. 1 skunk = 3 WW in terms of yield in my Exp.

5. WOW thats nuts. Never knew it produced approx 3x what WW can. Thats Sick. And I Know its super weird man. 1 month of veg from seed. 24 hour light and 2 plants have now shown male clusters and balls. im soooo confused. unless my Strains somehow caught pollen from my last seasons Easyryder and Auto Ak-47 x Blueberry. I did pollenate last season to get these seeds now to cross breed. (wanna make my own strain). so unless they caught some pollen from my auto-flowering males then i dunno what else it could be and i wanna get to the bottom of it. i dont even think George Cervantis would know :p

Loving the help though :)

6. Ps i have them under 4 cfl's :)

7. #7 Freakbro1, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010

Hi. Because we live in the northern hemisphere, our sun is weak until June 21.
    Your plant is getting weak sun and not a full 12 hours of light.
    The plant is doing its thing naturally, it thinks its time to flower, spread its seed,
    and get ready for fall. Get my drift ?
    :smoking:
    Male plants will also do the same, to spred their pollen.

8. I thought u said it was an outdoor grow.
    Anyways, u need more light.
    They had to have been male seeds.

9. NO I HEAR YOU. AND YEAH COULD HAVE BEEN MALE SEEDS YEAH OBVI LOL. BUT IM SAYING WHY ARE THEY SHOWING SEX ON 24 HOUR LIGHT?? I HAVE NEVER INDUCED 12 HOUR LIGHT WHAT-SO-EVER. AND I ONLY HAVE 4 CFL'S FOR VEG. MAN. THEY ARE GOING OUTSIDE ON MAY 24 WEEKEND. I KNOW HOW TO GROW. BEEN DOING IT FOR 4 YEARS NOW :p IM ONLY ASKING THIS CAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS WITH NON-AUTOFLOWERING PLANTS TO START FLOWERING ON A 24 HOUR LIGHT CYCLE. I WILL GO HOME AFTER WORK AND CHECK TO SEE IF IT REALLY IS MALE BALLS OR JUST NEW GROWTH TO MAKE SURE :)

10. [quote name='Canadian RooR']NO I HEAR YOU. AND YEAH COULD HAVE BEEN MALE SEEDS YEAH OBVI LOL. BUT IM SAYING WHY ARE THEY SHOWING SEX ON 24 HOUR LIGHT?? I HAVE NEVER INDUCED 12 HOUR LIGHT WHAT-SO-EVER. AND I ONLY HAVE 4 CFL'S FOR VEG. MAN. THEY ARE GOING OUTSIDE ON MAY 24 WEEKEND. I KNOW HOW TO GROW. BEEN DOING IT FOR 4 YEARS NOW :p IM ONLY ASKING THIS CAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS WITH NON-AUTOFLOWERING PLANTS TO START FLOWERING ON A 24 HOUR LIGHT CYCLE. I WILL GO HOME AFTER WORK AND CHECK TO SEE IF IT REALLY IS MALE BALLS OR JUST NEW GROWTH TO MAKE SURE :)[/QUOTE

The stress from topping and other stressors can make a male pre-flower in a sativa.Skunk is mostly sativa if I remember right.

Be happy you know these are males and can toss em.If you got some of the same seeds planted at the same time and they are not showing this trait then I bet those are mostly female.

You may have made a strain tha tells you , Hey dude I'm a male, real early in the VEG. cycle.That would be a great trait to breed for. A photo sensitive plant with auto-flower males.You get to toss the crap in the trash real quick that way. :hello::hello::hello: