Autoflower with high yeilds?

Discussion in 'General' started by sammyjohollywood, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Was wanting to know I'd anyone has grown them and got high yeilds? What the name of it is and where u got seeds will be helpful. I have been looking but from what I can tell Autoflowers don't really produce that much bud. I'm a noob to indoor growing and wanted something kinda simple to start out with but don't want to waste a shit ton of money on something with no yield and is expensive to grow... just don't seem worth it. I'd be open to a regular plant but I want something that grows pretty quickly from seed. Thanks: )

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Spend 5 minutes reading about light schedules and photo plants and don't worry about autos. You can force flower a photo plant any time you want, and almost any photo strain will yield more and be more potent that any auto due to autos lowryder/ruderalis genetics.

3. how long does it normally take for periodical plants to be done growing completely? I've done some looking around but it only says the flowering time which is all kinds of confusing to me. Would I still get a good yield if I put them in 5 gal buckets and start flowering after it reaches about 2 feet? I know all strains are different. I really appreciate the help!

4. Veg time varies depending on how big of a plant you want. You can throw a plant under 12/12 from seed and get a 12in plant with 1/4oz of bud or you can grow it for a few weeks and top it a few times, then when you put it into flower you'll get anywhere from 1oz to a pound depending on size and how well you take care of it. I flower at 18inches and end up with 3 1/2 to 4ft plants.

5. I don't even know how to top a plant? Is it just cutting?

6. You snap off the top node so the nodes next to it get bigger and become colas. You can top a few times, as long as you give the plant some time to recover, to get as many colas as you like.

7. Hell yea! Lol I've never grown obviously