Autoflower vs 12/12 from seed

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by HighRolla, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hey GC,

Im in the process of planning my first grow, will most likely be a stealth grow in a converted chest of drawers. Obviously I need to keep these plants pretty short so I've been looking at autoflowers, lst'ing, scrog ect. I stumbled across a few threads where people have forced their plants to flower immediately, I understand this lowers the yield but at the moment its small plants or nothing for me.

My question is, would it be best to grow a few auto flowers on a normal light cycle or regular seeds 12/12? I'm hoping to use a bubbleponics system and hope to have about 4 small plants growing depending on the size of my drawers and am considering either 400 or 600w hps.

If anyone has done either before, I'd be interested in comparing dry yields.

Thanks
    HR

2. 12/12 from seed us give mixed results new plants stunned new and new some grow differently and different rates. Till now we switched to autos we have much better idea the end products.

3. Are you talking about plants of the same strain or were you growing multiple at the time?

4. I've seen some strains do amazing on 12/12, and some barely get a gram off the plant (depends on size of pot and lighting as well).

I did an auto for my first grow awhile ago now, I got a quarter of the plant dry weight...but my current auto grow my conditions have changed greatly and I will get a much, much higher yield :metal:

5. Think Im siding with autoflowers. How big a space do you think I'd need for 4 of them?

6. 1.5 square feet per plant. but with it being auto maybe less.

7. If I was you, id put them on 18/6 from seed til.. i duno.. 8-9" then turn them down.

I've never been a fan of autoflower.

I have no idea how large a plant will get using my suggestion, ive never done it before.

8. If it were me id put them on 24/0 cycle and leave it alone the more light the better when it comes to autos.

9. I'm about to start my first autoflower grow. I'm planning on giving it a 18/6 light cycle, I heared anything over that is a waste of light.

10. [quote name='"Mrgreenleaf38"']I'm about to start my first autoflower grow. I'm planning on giving it a 18/6 light cycle, I heared anything over that is a waste of light.[/quote]

I would agree. 18/6 is probably the best, maybe 20/4 if you really wanted.

11. So essentially if my grow space was approx 90cm in width and depth, i would have enough floor space for 4 plants?

12. I ran 20hr for grow, and I'm running 18 for flowering. Most people mess up by setting it to a normal light schedule,and it stunts the growth. They're made to be grown threw out the year while yeah wait for big hitters to finish floweing around September.

Z