Autoflower Strains taking over. . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by mattwood1011, Mar 25, 2009.

1. #1 mattwood1011, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    yeah... there taking over they've got..

AK-47
    AK-47 x Hindu Kush
    AK-47 x Blueberry
    AK-47 x NYC Diesel
    AK-47 x White Widow

Hindu Kush
    NYC Diesel
    White Widow
    Power Plant
    Passion #1
    Northern Lights
    Blueberry
    LemonSkunk
    GreatWhiteShark
    Afghan Kush
    Pakistan Ryder- ???
    Dinafem #1
    Lowryder #1
    Lowryder #2
    Lowryder Dwarf mix
    Red Dwarf- ???

they've got so many now, 4 monthes ago they only had AK-47 and lowryder :confused:

everybody is growing them... its a auto-flower craze, almost as bad as the "purple craze" thats going on right now :rolleyes:

EDIT: its my1,420th post!! :yay:

2. I had no idea that AK-47 was auto flowering. Does anyone know the seed-harvest time and the production per plant?

3. Only 20-50 grams? Damn, that's weakkk. But the seed-harvest time looks like it'd make up for it.

4. fuck auto flowering plants, and 20-50 grams isnt to bad considering its only got 3 weeks of veg state

grow a real plant and put the extra time and effort it and LST if you dont have space..

EDIT: IMO

5. I would normally be all for growing a regular plant, but if I'm in a hurry to get my shit, then I'd go with auto flowering.

6. IMO, autoflowering plants seem worthless, again IMO, it just seems like all your doing is watering and thats about it, i want to grow and feel like i've done somthing, autoflowers you just do nothing...

again IMO

7. Yeah I totally get what you're saying. I was looking in to autoflowering for a while because I wanted a quick harvest, but I decided against it because I wanted to be able to watch the plant grow and accomplish something.

I'm now thinking about ordering some AF Ak 47's and some purple haze, just so i can have a few of both. That way I can have a quick harvest from the AK's while I wait for the haze.

8. i would suggest white russian from lowlife seeds in the AF department

and purple haze is not a good variety, i would go with purple-wreck, or purple #1 if you must have a "purple variety" and if your lookn for a haze, i'd go with SSH

9. #10 Zooloo, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    I think your hate is a little unwarranted. Some of the advantages of the auto-flowering plant:

- It presents a very convenient solution to the small-time grower who grows for personal use, not necessarily profit.

- You can grow virtually any time of the season (outdoors) while maintaining a perpetual harvest if you are in the right location. (No specific photoperiod)

- Some of these plants have a very high degree of potency. The "Diesel Ryder" for example has 17%-19% THC.

- It is a true "four corners of the Earth" plant incorporating genetics from not only the established tropic zones but also Eastern Europe.

- It is an easy plant to grow so that beginners have a starting point when growing larger (not auto-flowering), more challenging plants like "Blueberry" or "Lemon Skunk".

- The shorter stature is a vital asset to guerrilla growers who now do not have to wait for the autumn when LEO is especially vigilant.

The plants aren't just dependent on water either. Any fertilizing that you do will benefit and increase your yields. If you decide only to water you will most likely have a nice shwag session at the end of your grow. These too look for their N-P-K fix.

That said, I don't think that they are "taking over". It's just a niche that the breeders are catering to. It might be here to stay but I do not see it eclipsing the likes of "White Widow" or "Super Silver Haze". It does not serve the purposes of those who are growing for coffee houses too well. Variety is the spice of life.

Are you an indoor or outdoor grower?

10. The Serious Seeds AK-47 on its own isn't auto-flowering. It is a Indica/Sativa 50/50 hybrid and follows the normal photo period. When you throw Ruderalis into the mix, then you get auto-flowering. Just to clear things up. :wave:

11. #12 mattwood1011, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    im an indoor grower, and its not that i would like them "not to exsist" i think there is room on the market for them, i was saying for myself, i'd never grow a autoflower. and i never said it wasnt potent, just how theres no light cycle, no cloning, just stuff like that, not ferts and nutes and stuff like that...

yes, thank you for clearing that up, dont want anyone getting SS Ak-47 and finding out its not autoflowering

12. sorry if anyone thought i was "hating on autoflowering plants"

i have no problem with them just wanted to put my $.02

13. If you are an indoor grower, it is harder for you to appreciate these plants because you have full control of your indoor babies. You can decide how tall they get and when they are supposed to flower. Do you ever grow plants to their full potential (no pots/containers)? (i.e. 8 foot indicas or 12 foot sativas) Those are beasts and very hard to maintain haha.

Well the no cloning part isn't necessarily a bad thing because it forces you to sex the plants like they were meant to in nature. If you are growing auto-flowering plants you have to find one male and one female to plan for the next harvest. Now one would actually have use for the males! :hello:

There are nutrients too. You can't just grow an auto-flowering plant without caring for it. It simply needs less nitrogen because it is in the vegetative stage for a shorter period of time. It will however need the potassium and phosphorous boost during flowering just like any other plant. Seriously if you neglect them, you will have a very shitty smoke.

I used to think nothing much of the auto-flowering strains but after looking into these with an unbiased mind, the advantages in certain regards are clear. Many people hate on Dutch genetics as well but that is another discussion entirely.

I'm not hating either and I'm glad we could keep this discussion civil. :)

14. Has anybody ever finished any autoflower indoors or outdoors?and is it good smoke?

15. Just check around in the stash jar and grow journals. There are a lot of people who like "Diesel Ryder". It's been called an all-day smoke. A lot have also grown the "Auto AK-47" and called that a predominant Indica. Haven't heard too much of the others but the auto-flowering strains are potent.

16. i use males (when i want to) to make seed
    and i understand, less work = less quailty bud
    but it does seem like just growing whatever ya know? on the reviews you dont need to transplant, just leave in a 12lt container under harvest. Only 2 flushings the whole life cycle, just seems to easy, like your not growing a plant

and im gald we can be men and talk without fighting

17. Most outdoor growers don't transplant as they grow directly from seed in the ground. When you grow outdoors, you only flush once before the harvest depending on whether or not you are an organic grower.

You're an indoor grower so I think even though we are growing the same plant, you have different ideas on how it is to be grown. You have to focus on the lights, potting, transplanting, carbon air filters, etc. A lot of outdoor people are quite the opposite simply leaving the plant outside and tending to it once or twice a week and allowing it to grow very high.

18. im growing in a pot outside... seems better to me

yes i like to be involved with my plants, and go for the optimum conditions

19. A lot of people would argue what they define as "optimum" but hey if it works your way then keep on doing it that way.

I have GHS "White Widow" too but I am waiting for summer to follow the regular sun cycle. Good luck with the grow man! :wave: