Autoflower Seedling (8 days) - Leaf Discoloration

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by howzcat, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Hi guys!
    Just started this little guy and the leaves started turning a bit yellow...what could it be?

Soil - Biobizz Light Mix
    Waterings - None (8 days old)
    Strain - Critical Jack Auto
    Temps - 20c - 28c
    RH - 45% - 65%
    Lighting - 180w LED (85w actual draw)

For the first 3 or 4 days the seedling was at 15 inches from led. It started stretching alot so now i have it at about 5 or 6 inches. Could it be light burn? I honestly have no idea, i've done everything 'by the book'..[​IMG]

2. A little water will probably help. Shouldn't go 8days without watering even a little. That size it shouldn't be that wet it doesn't need watered in 8days. Just a thought. Everything else u say looks good.

PatchAttack

3. Or back ur lights back off a little and see. It's one b of the two

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for your reply!
    Ok, i checked and:

First 4 days: 15 inches (seedling stretched to 2,5 inches)
    last 3 days: 5 inches (stretching stopped, those marks appeared)
    now: just moved it to 9 inches.

As for the watering i'm thinking tomorrow or the latest the day after. The pot still feels a little heavy, poking the finger on the dirt still feels moist and the himidity probe reads still a B (A is dry). I did water it very thoroughly 24 hours before planting the seed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OK sounds good. Just be very careful to not over water those babies when that small. Very little and frequent watering I find it works best to get growth as fast as possible versus over water and not water for a week

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  6. thank you, i will water with care! :)

about the yellow spots, maybe it was too close? i moved now to 9 inches away but i worry about stretching (though propping it up with a toothpick and having it closer to the lights these last few days i think she's doing better)

7. It's a very finicky spot to get just right. An inch or two can be a difference. I'd space it between where u had it before and where u moved it to. Split the difference ya know. Yes u definitely don't want stretch but that isn't stretching trust me. That's a baby and it can't take too intense light yet. After it leaves the seedling baby stage and into veg u can really concentrate the light closer. Yes I would say the yellow is light burn or from overwatering. If plants get too much water especially as a seedling they can show many signs that look like something else but it's just has too much water at its roots. Hope this helps.

PatchAttack

8. After looking at it again. I would definitely back the lights off some from where u had it so close. It almost looks like u r leaves are dry... shouldn't be. If they r it's much too close

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  9. makes much sense. I'm trying 10 inches for a couples days see if it works. thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. No problem man. Don't sweat it. It'll work out. Did I say u were propping it up with a toothpick? Does it want to lay over or what?

PatchAttack

• Like Like x 1
  11. It did, that's the reason that made me pull her wayyyy closer.
    But as of today she can stand on her own, so I'm also backing her down to 10 inches.

What's more, I've only just realized something..I have algae on the top of soil. Probably due to misting my other auto (further along the line) with biobizz alg-a-mic. I just removed top layer of the soil where most of the algae was. Can this become a problem? (I'll post photos below)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

12. [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk