Autoflower Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rorkster2, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Hey, so I dont consider my self a 'noob' to growing, but this may fall under the category of a 'noob' question.

So I am considering to do an outdoor grow and will defenitly be choosing an Autoflowering strain. I have been considering various lowryder hybrids but now I am on to considering others along with Lowryder. In all, I can have up to 8 strains (2 plants per strain) going at a time.

I have choosen Lowryder because it is a well known autoflowering strain that has an outdoor grow cycle of 8 weeks. My question is are their a lot of other autoflowering strains that take less then 10 weeks to grow completely? I'm assuming (but not certain) that not all autoflower strains take only 8-10 weeks to grow outdoor.

Please, if you can provide some basic information to me about Autoflowering that would be great! Also, if you know of other strains that take under 10 weeks to grow (preferably in the 8 week range) that would be great!

P.S.-If you know of a reliable seed bank for Autoflowers that I should look into that ships to America feel free to let me know.

2. #2 New Michael, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
    Attitude is the best (IMO) & it lists about how long each autoflower strain will take to finish.

Auto Flowering Seeds

3. Thanks. Thats funny because Attitude is already bookmarked on my web browser. I was thinking to go with them but now its all but definite I am.

Last thing I need to know is for the most part, do auto flowering strains finnish growing outdoor by 8-10 weeks?

4. 10 weeks seems to be the goal for autoflowering strains. Maybe somebody w/ more experience could comment on that, or I'm sure there's a thread somewhere on GC that talks about it.

5. I've completed

Lowlife auto white widow & Dinafem auto haze in 8 weeks from seed.

6. Nice. So far the plants it looks like im going to go with is Afghani Ryder, Easy Ryder, and Diesel Ryder.

Thats just going to be my first order, I'm tight on cash right now and can feminized seeds are wicked prices. 12 seeds for 150! :eek: I'm not complaining though, its going to pay off in no time!

7. Hey man, you should check out my grow journal. the link is in my signature.

There is a large amount of variance when it comes to the time autoflowers take to finish.

some are as short at 50-60 days, others, closer to a non-auto plant in a normal outdoor grow cycle.

8. Some automatic plants are markedly different than others. This Pakistan Ryder matured in about 70 days. It hit like a hammer and would knock me unconscious in less than an hour every time. :smoking:

I also grew out this Auto California Haze
    It took more than 4 months (130+ days) to mature and eventually hermied on me. :eek:

I can't say that I will grow it ever again but it is some killer weed.

Good luck!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

9. Im growing a couple easyryders atm. Day 39 and Im expecting to finish on day 60 but Im doing 24/0.

10. I had the pakistan ryder also, however it didn't auto.
    Had a bubblelicious that didn't auto also.

Not all autos are stable, or maybe they sent me regulars by mistake.

But the pakistan is awesome !! Highly recommend it.

11. autos all vary. some take 8 weeks, whilst most indica dominant ones take around 8-10 weeks. the bigger your medium base and light, the bigger your yeild would obviously be, however some autos arent all the hype the pack states, and this isnt due to grower-inabilities...its to do with unstable genetics, which IF YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT...

HAS TO HAPPEN.

to fully stabalise a strain, can take many many generations of picking out the best n stable phenos, and as the AUTO crazy started, it seemds everybody became a bastard breeder over night.. and i use the word BASTARD carfeully, as there are now MANY of them about in the industry.. and they are sometimes even oevr shadowing the OLD skool veterans, whom really deservce the spotlight..

my theor (which im also puttin in practice) is use 15 litre bucket and get 3 strains of each (over period ofa year or two)

ive have found some outright brilliant ones, as well as majoritivley SHIT ones, which due to the stronger Ruderalis trait, seem to carry alot less THC content than stated..
    (mother fuckers should be under Breach of Data Descriptions Act 1983)...

anyway,

Double Diesels (sagamartha r Nice) Short Stuff Himalay Blue Diesell...not bad,,
    russian rocket fuel (MAD SHIT!!!), auto Cheese (barneys) one of my favorites now(
    and im tryna breed a stable Blue Cheese Auto... (not for sale...) but will enjoy and post up the wholle proceedure very soon

one love, god bless, and Pass my joint BACK!