autoflower question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by buddhasmoke791, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Ok so I plan to start trying some autos don't know much about them and had a question. Could I use an metal halide light throughout veg AND flower? Would the bud sites still grow dense and big considering its an auto? Plan on getting some blue cheese considering its mostly indica and is what I usually prefer. Anyone out there have experience with this and or anyone know of some killer autos for a beginner?

2. [quote name='"buddhasmoke791"']Ok so I plan to start trying some autos don't know much about them and had a question. Could I use an metal halide light throughout veg AND flower? Would the bud sites still grow dense and big considering its an auto? Plan on getting some blue cheese considering its mostly indica and is what I usually prefer. Anyone out there have experience with this and or anyone know of some killer autos for a beginner?[/quote]

HPS through it's entire life would be better. MH lacks red spectrum needed for flowering

Grass o matic ak is a solid auto strain

3. I recently harvested my 1st auto, Barney's Farm Auto Blue Mammoth, Fucking awesome! I harvested an ounce and a half from her using 250w MH/HPS. FFHF soil and both liquid and dry nutes.

4. Thanks guys appreciate the feedback I can't wait to start there's so many to choose from. Anyone ever tried the 60 day auto? That seems crazy fast

5. I germed the ABM on 8/18 and harvested 11/1 that's only like 73 days

6. Damn what'd youget for a yeild?

7. oh, and BTW to answer your original question...MH for the whole cycle is ok but not optimum. You don't need another expensive light/ballast though. You can get a MH/HPS conversion bulb or a few 2700k cfl's either way you will be golden as long as they are well taken care of.

8. Green o matic is the shit!

9. Sweet I'm thinking going organic as well for the auto. But I may just throw some cfls in with the mh too or just use cfls not sure yet