Autoflower pot size

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by reggshark420, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Hi i hope everyone is well and safe
    I have started my indoor grow i have 9 auto flowering seedlings the strains are x8 bcn critical xxl auto and x1 gelato auto. The seeds were bought from herbies seeds. So my question is as im limited to growing space i want to know will my autos grow ok in 7.3 lt pots or is it pointless doing them in 7.3 lt pots ? Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. I use 10 liter pots for years very happy too, sometimes I go 15 liters/3usg for that added insulation
    both for heat and er cold

good luck

3. I have used both 3 and 5 gallon air pots, both become root bound by end of grow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. When you say gallon pots dont 1 gallon = 5 lt so your saying yours were root bound in 15 and 25 lt pots am i right ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. When I say 3 gallon pot, that would be 11.356 liters and 5 gallon air pot is 18.927 liters, as you can tell I'm a USA hillbilly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ok mate thanks. I mean if i did go with the 7.3 lt pots do you think i could still get them to harvest ok even if it means smaller yield

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would say probably, it all comes down to you the grower. Good luck and happy growing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks mate take care.

9. Yeah. Might have to use extra nutrients throughout flower cuz the small pot of soil will be depleted faster.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Herbies , Did they send your seeds in the original packaging ? I used to do a lot of orders with herbies . But had serious issues in the past but 5 or so years ago . Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  11. I always use five gallon fabric pots. Fabric pots are really good at self pruning so your not going to see the amount of root bound on another pot. Plus they’re good for airflow and help prevent overwatering. I guess it depends on how big you want your plants and how much space you have. But I have mostly grown autos and they don’t get as big as photos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok thanks mate

13. Sometimes i get it in its original packaging but sometimes also just in button bags and i also have a had problems before with there seeds i might buy from a diffrent seed bank next time

14. Tha
    thanks mate i will do that then.

15. I would definitely buy somewhere else. Never trust "repackaged" goods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I use 5 gallon and it works great for me. I think 3 gallon is too small, unless you dont mind constant watering and the possibility of being root bound. I have never had an auto truly root bound in a 5 gallon pot. Then again, I typically grow strains that are seed to harvest in 80 days or less. Any bigger than 5 gallon your pretty much just wasting money on soil and space in your grow area. That being said if I was growing XL autos that take longer and get bigger I would up it to 7-10 gallon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spend the $20 on some larger pots
    7 gallon pots are $3 each

18. 5 gallon fabric pots have always been my favorite for my auto's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. issie i had the seeds were not what they were suspose to be

20. IMG_20210614_185030082.jpg IMG_20210613_172842287.jpg
    I usually go with 5gallon fabric pots, but just to prove a point here is a big photoperiod plant in a 3gallon pot of Coco Loco...I did it just as an experiment kind of, and it ended up being a lot of extra work. By the end I was feed/watering it two or three times a day.

• Like Like x 2