Autoflower Outdoors : Potted vs in-ground?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by flwr, Aug 3, 2011.

1. I have been searching for the answer to this question for 2 days. I have googled and searched tons. When growing autoflowering marijuana outdoors is pot vs in-ground better? If the size of the pot planted in is relative to the size of the plant/yield, wouldn't planting in the ground be better?

Thanks!

2. In ground just grows better, IMO. Unsure about whether this true for autos but its true of just about any other plant you might grow. Containers=more watering=less room for roots, etc... Ive only grown autos once, and I dont see the point..Big ol Smart pot or growbag or whatever u call em might be good...

3. GuerillaNugget has got it right. Any plant will do better in the ground, because its roots can essentially expand outward as far as it wants. Autoflowers don't get higher than a foot or two regardless I believe, So I kept mine in a container. Plus, every situation is different. I need my plants to be moved on a dime if need be - but if I could do it in the ground I would.

4. Okay, thanks! I was wondering as I would prefer to plant in my vegetable garden next year. It will be my first time growing, and I only smoke an ounce a month. Autos sound great especially since I don't want a big tall plant. We will see if I think the same after harvest time.

5. Yeah, I plan on growing a shit ton of Tomatoes next year, and mixing in a few autos within the garden.

My Indica/Sativa hybrids, which get huge, will have to be plants elsewhere.