Autoflower LIGHT regime/Bulb question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420shaffer, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Ok

Green House Seeds Green-O-Matic Feminized

Advanced Seeds Low Girl Feminized

Im thinking about ordering both those autoflowering feminized seeds

I currently have a wardrobe converted into a grow box.. Ill have pics later tonite

Currently just painted flat white with an in and outtake hole

but what Im wondering ive heard mixed reviews on what lights to use to grow the autoflowering strains

Some say 20/4 light regime on ALL 2700k and then some say all 6500k then some say Mixed with both,, then some also say like regular plants start with day then switch to soft

2. This information ive read here in the city, hopefully its helpful. I don't have direct experience with auto-flowers, though I've done some research because of the situation of my grow. It has to do with the spectrum of lights that cannabis likes in the different parts of its life. When it is vegetating, 6500k is better to stimulate growth in structure and foliage without stretching the plant. In Bloom, 2700k is better to stimulate production of buds. In your case, I would mix. Reason being is auto-flower you arn't going to have distinguishable vegetative or bloom time, so just cover both bases. It's worth mentioning that grows have been successful using both spectrum's independently, and mixed, and the more important factor is having enough light.

In terms of the amount of time for lights on, you can do 24/0 or something close to that as long as you can keep the heat within a reasonable range. You can do any variation from 24/0 to 12/12, though you would do best to have lights on 24/0 because cannabis doesn't need a "rest" time to continue photosynthesis. More light, more grow time, more buds etc etc.

Good luck. Hope this answered your question.

3. im about to harvest my auto ak47 grow my light regime was 24/0 i used 6500k for veg and then switched to 2700k for flowering

4. Yea

Ok i think ima go with just 4 lights,

2 2700 and 2 6500k

and I think ima run a 12/12 for 2 weeks then 24/0 the rest

How do you guys think about that plan??

And also I am going to put up pictures of my brothers plant its about 3 ft tall and bushy as hell

Hes been using Old man Nutrients from the GET GO!
    and he hasnt flushed ONCE!! he knows nothing of growing and Iv been basicly growing it for him just his equipment but I havent spotted any signs of nute burn incredibly.. And the plant is thriving.. We just threw it into 12/12 and flowering but my question is should I start double flushing or change up the nutrients used.. They dont specify if they are veg or flowering nutes at all either..

5. Autos go into flower so fast, I just toss them under a HPS lamp. Any light in the flowering spectrum would work though, and if you're using cfls, get some of each spectrum, about 60/40 cool/warm. I give my seedlings 24 hrs of cfl for the first week, then I transplant them into 3 gallon containers.

6. putting autoflowrers under 12/12 will stunt there growth theres no reason why you should do that, just put them under 18/6 for the whole grow or 20/4

7. im growing autos rite now under 400watt hps i know its not the light your using but i do 20/4 .. seems to work out fine for the ladiez

8. 18/6 works fine too. I would just get the warm lights though. They flower by the third node, and (imo) whatever light you choose to use to get to the third node doesn't really matter.

9. I have 4 lights on each plant plus 4 hanging above both combined and I still feel I need a few more. Your buds will be denser and thus yield higher

10. High! i have a question about the lights as well. i am growing some caramel cream autos, have them in 4th week from seed, but i don't know exactly when should i switch to bloom light. i am using a 125 w CFL for grow, and 125w CFL for bloom. thanks for help!

11. use together for best results

12. I'm growing Kate Harrington she's on 24/0 with 150w of cfls. I'm going to turning on 150w hps and some cfls for her flowering. She's 20 days and showing her pistils!!