Autoflower isnt flowering?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 420god, Jan 6, 2014.

1. #1 420god, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Organic
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Northern Lights Autoflower
    How old are the plants? 15 weeks (107 days)
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL 280watts
    How far from the lights? 4-8 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Ph'd water first 4 veg weeks, then a couple weeks of RX Green Solutions Grow nutrients, then changed to RX Green Solutions Bloom nutrients to induce flowering. I've been feeding the bloom nutes every other day for probably a month and a half now
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? ???
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? Ph test the nutrients to 6.0 - 6.5
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? I don't know the temp in the room probably in the 50's
    What size pots? 3 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. No
    Any other pertinent info? No

Hello. I have a Northern Lights autoflower that's been growing since Sept 21st. It's on day 107 (lol) and I just want to know why the hell I don't have bud right now? It is my first grow, so I've tried to be patient with it, but I'm getting ready to give up on the thing.

Here are grow specs: Indoor, CFL lighting (about 280 watts), 3 gallon container, soil. I'm using RX Green Solutions nutrients, been using them for about 3 or 4 weeks now. The plant started getting white hairs on  tops about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but the flowering growth has just been really slow.

I think part of it may have been due to it being possibly stunted twice way earlier on, when I was transplanting from containers. Also, I'm somewhat worried the plant's roots have outgrown the 3 gallon container it's in.

Just today, I cut off all the lower branches that weren't getting much, if any light. I'm hoping this will focus all the plant's energy on the new growth at the top and speed up the flowering process. I have white hairs on most of the tops now, but still no bud.

Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok now here are pics from today after I cut of the stuff that wouldn't produce much bud anyway. I basically did a lollipop on the lower branches that weren't getting much light/weren't producing white hairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright, so basically I just want to know, is the plant a lost cause at this point or should I keep it going. If I keep it going, what's a good idea for how much longer I'll have to wait for the plant to be done. Also, how much longer until I would see bud if I kept it growing? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

2. From what's left after the cuttings, most every area of new growth has white hairs. . . but some of the hairs have already turned red? I still haven't seen any bud forming just white hairs everywhere. This is my second thread with no replies can I please just get some guidance if anything? Thanks

3. #3 bananamber, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    Sounds like shit genetics. Try dropping your light to 12/12. Sometimes you get a bad auto that doesn't want to flower automatically. I don't know the breeder of your seed, but next time, make sure they come from a reputable breeder. Bad breeders tend to not stabilize their genetics very well.

4. #4 420god, Jan 11, 2014
    Yea I'm thinking shitty genetics too and it possibly being a photoperiod plant instead of autoflower considering I had kept the lights at 24 hour and also 18/6 for a while.

It's been on 12/12 for about a month or so now though and I've seen white hairs for at least 3 weeks. I'm just not sure if I want to toss it or what because it just progresses so slowly. Idk if it could've possibly been caused by it being stunted once or twice.

I have other seeds waiting to be germ'd and have two seeds germinating now, one which has cracked and I don't want to waste time/resources on this plant if I could use it for others.

Btw thanks for the reply

Edit: Oh yea, also I forgot I didn't mention the seedbank. Ordered from worldwide-marijuana-seeds and it was a Vision northern lights auto flower seed.

5. I grow a lot of auto flowering and none of them could grow that big and have leaves. Mine dont grow many leaves at all, its almost impossible to get leaf after 5-6 weeks.

I have some buds that are 10 inches long on 16 inch plants.

6. #6 bananamber, Jan 11, 2014
    There's your problem. Vision is a pretty bad breeder. I've really seen nothing but bad reviews on their genetics. I'd say she is definitely manifesting her bad genetics as a photoperiodic. I'd give her a week or two, and if there's no significant progression, then maybe think about abandoning her. Next time you grow autos, go with a breeder like Joint Doctor or Dutch Passion.

7. #7 420god, Jan 11, 2014
    Damn I'd never seen anything bad on Vision before. And ok so you're saying there's a good chance the seed wasn't actually autoflower? The plant is still producing leaves too I'm pretty sure.

Here are two pictures I just took of each of the tops and also the last picture shows the red hairs I was talking about (look in the middle)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Dude for one plant under all that light--you sure hacked it up pretty good I'm sure it wasn't too happy loosing that much. I have a pretty crowded flowering and I don't even take that much off the bottoms

9. If you are under 12-12 and don't see a crown in 2 weeks it is def I nitty slow I would be tripping if I didn't have a crow after two full weeks of flowering and why buy auto flower anyways if you're not growing outdoors if you had it a month into flower and no crown I'd wait one more week just to be absolutely certain that I'm not going to waste a good plant or. My time and resources.

Next time indoors just go with feminine and don't take so much off your plant if it is the only plant you are flowering

10. #10 snoopdog6502, Jan 11, 2014
    This is what autoflowers can do. yours is not fast flowering at all. This was 11 week old plants under 1,000w MH 16/8

View attachment 1328215

11. #11 420god, Jan 11, 2014
    Thanks for the advice. I think I'm just gonna take her down I don't have the patience for her. It was good though I learned a lot from this grow for the next one. Maybe I'll wait a few days or a week depending on how fast and well these seeds germinate..

I took off so much because the bottom wasn't producing white hair pre-flowers and I had adjusted the lighting to the top anyway. I definitely wouldn't normally take off that much. Looking forward to the next grow.

Next up I have Royal Queen Seeds White Widow free seed and FastBuds California Snow germinating. Are these good breeders/strains/seeds? I'm more familiar with RQS than FastBuds. Let me know, thanks!

12. What do you think about green crack autoflowers? I'm gonna do the op outdoors and figured its need not as much attentionSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #13 SkyKing65, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    :eek: WOW!  It hurts me to see this.  Why did you wait so long to call 911?  An auto at 107days and no buds is unheard of, it should be loaded.  Gotta be screwed up genetics or mislabled packaging.  Something is wrong there, and I don't believe it's your fault at all.  I have only ever grown auto's and I can vouch for them as being very forgiving plants.  The plant pictured here is stunted from cold temps and a virus she shook off, but at 50days of extreme stress she still has a goodly amount of budage goin on (still growing).  Your's should have more than that imo.  Not your fault, period.  Oh, perhaps some reflective walls would be in line mate.  Try again, and GL.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that 2 galon pot size has been my choice from day 1, and I've never had a problem in that size pot, with some of my auto's yielding 2Z's per seed.        

Attached Files:

14. Here is my white widow fem auto. This is 6 weeks from seed in soil. Quite a carpet of things going on. The one in the middle is flowering nice but the others are not range from 16" to 3 feet!
    U think some of these are NOT auto? First grow. In 4x4 tent with 600 w hps in roots organic soil.

15. I know this is an old post but anyways. For me, this look like a regular plant, almost even like it is taken from a clone (looking at the un-synchronized grow pattern). (you cannot take clones from Autoflowers). Even of it is grown from seed my guess is that it a regular plant and you have kept it in veg with 16/8....