Autoflower grows

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Robinchina, Feb 2, 2013.

1. So..I'm doing my first grow and everything is going fine.. but I've been wanting to play around with them a bit more.. thing is their autos and I'm not sure if topping and lst is worth it.

I've started lst'ing one of them as an experiment.. but generally will it make a difference given the uncontrolable flowering times? Would I be better off just blasting it with rays rather than slow down its already quick life span?

2. This is how lst looks so far..

Attached Files:

3. LSTing works, but don't chop anything

when I grow auto's it quite a lot at one time and to keep the canopy even I bend a few tops to match the height of the shorter ones. they always do well. however this may be because they have great vigor to start with and may have nothing to do with the LSTing

4. [quote name='"GoldGrower"']LSTing works, but don't chop anything

when I grow auto's it quite a lot at one time and to keep the canopy even I bend a few tops to match the height of the shorter ones. they always do well. however this may be because they have great vigor to start with and may have nothing to do with the LSTing[/quote]

I chopped one of the smaller ones just to see what happens.. wishing I would have left it now.. but the lst seems to be ok.. getting as many leaves in the light to keep her growing well.

5. Thanks! The 3 biggest are on day 25 an the smaller vertigo is on day 21..

6. After some lst to bring out the side branching a bit, ive let her grow back upright to stretch her out a bit.. Heres the latest pic..

Attached Files:

7. w8 so autoflowers grow faster and are they still the same yield

8. not quite but the grow smaller and faster so u can get more plants to finish faster so it all evens out in the end.

9. so they are overall smaller and they grow faster because ima be doing a micro grow so ill veg for a lil while then flower should i auto

10. [quote name='"utook2much2much"']so they are overall smaller and they grow faster because ima be doing a micro grow so ill veg for a lil while then flower should i auto[/quote]

Depends on how much control you want .. Auto flowers are good for a micro grow because they flower pretty quick...but it restricts your ability to do much in terms of increasing yield

11. If its a true auto you cannot slow down its life span, no matter what you do to the plant its gonna finish after a set number of days. If you want a nice bushy auto give it quality organic soil, lots of light (i run 24/0), warm temps 75-85, and plenty of room for roots to grow quick (min 3 gal pots). Since its a quick grow any stress to the plant will only reduce your yeild.

12. [quote name='"autozone"']If its a true auto you cannot slow down its life span, no matter what you do to the plant its gonna finish after a set number of days. If you want a nice bushy auto give it quality organic soil, lots of light (i run 24/0), warm temps 75-85, and plenty of room for roots to grow quick (min 3 gal pots). Since its a quick grow any stress to the plant will only reduce your yeild.[/quote]

Ive had my lights on 24/0 too..what kind of light are you running? Im not looking forward to the bill this month~

13. 400w hps - cost me about $40 more per month that includes 6" exhaust fan, 6" circulation fan (inside grow tent) and a 12" fan for room circulation all running 24/7. I can grow 6 autos in 3gal grow bags at a time as soon as one is finished a new bag with seedling takes its place. I yield anywhere from 2-3 z's (dry) per plant :) this makes the additional costs for electric alot easier to swallow.

14. [quote name='"autozone"']400w hps - cost me about $40 more per month that includes 6" exhaust fan, 6" circulation fan (inside grow tent) and a 12" fan for room circulation all running 24/7. I can grow 6 autos in 3gal grow bags at a time as soon as one is finished a new bag with seedling takes its place. I yield anywhere from 2-3 z's (dry) per plant :) this makes the additional costs for electric alot easier to swallow.[/quote]

Sounds good, im on a 600w hps for about 12hrs then swap over to cfls and leds over night..thats more for the wife’s safety worries though. Always worrying its going to overheat..